Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage

clydestyle

Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage Empty Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage

Post by clydestyle Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:00 pm

Hi
    Just back from 3 excellent nights camping at Glendell CL site.
    Unfortunately I have a cracked rear window- only the outer panel- inside one ok- temporary fix made with tenacious tape.
    Any ideas regarding a repair?
    Other idea is to source a second hand caravan window -any tips?
    My dandy is in good nick (1996) and this will annoy me unless addressed!
    Any help welcome

Thanks
    Mikey
    navver

Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage Empty Re: Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage

Post by navver Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:01 pm

Try this post from TowItch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 12:45 am

my window in Daisy (5) the kitchen window was smashed lucky for me my nephew works in a glazing place and I got it cheap you can take the rear window off and take it to a glazier to measure for toughened glass/laminated as the frame around the window comes off easily or have or a thick piece of glass and put a clear fablon on both sides blow a hairdryer over to fix it to the glass ( not for too long)

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 9:23 am

Give Ian a ring at Riva (Dandy ) he has lots of spare's for all dandy's of all ages
    clydestyle

Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage Empty Hi

Post by clydestyle Sun 20 Oct 2013, 9:27 pm

Graham C wrote:Give Ian a ring at Riva (Dandy ) he has lots of spare's for all dandy's of all ages
    Thanks
    Will give him a bell

Regards
    Mikey

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 4:35 pm

Hi did you have time to ring Ian ?
    clydestyle

Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage Empty Ian at Riva

Post by clydestyle Mon 21 Oct 2013, 5:14 pm

Graham C wrote:Hi did you have time to ring Ian ?
    Hi Graham,
    Not had a chance to ring him yet- financially challenged!!
    Regards
    Mikey

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 5:26 pm

I see ok you just as well ring him see what sort of money they are also if he has one ?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 21 Oct 2013, 5:30 pm

Take measurments of the window and shop around caravan breakers in your area making sure the catches are in the same place, it would do until you could afford a new one ..... brand new double glazed units can be pricey.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:17 pm

Helen wrote:Take measurments of the window and shop around caravan breakers in your area making sure the catches are in the same place, it would do until you could afford a new one ..... brand new double glazed units can be pricey.
    "brand new double glazed units can be pricey" Can we guess that this is wisdom that you wish you didn't have? That wisdom born of caravan ownership!
    navver

Post by navver Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm

No that bad

clydestyle

Post by clydestyle Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm

I few ideas to think about!

Ta
    Mikey
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 21 Oct 2013, 9:15 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Helen wrote:Take measurments of the window and shop around caravan breakers in your area making sure the catches are in the same place, it would do until you could afford a new one ..... brand new double glazed units can be pricey.
    "brand new double glazed units can be pricey" Can we guess that this is wisdom that you wish you didn't have? That wisdom born of caravan ownership!
    Yes Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage 1208560806 

those are second hand windows navver hence the price being not too bad Dandy Designer Rear Window Damage 3498837457 just remember to make sure it has the locking levers in the same place, there are so many variations when it comes to windows Shocked 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 6:01 am