Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
peridot
navver
6 posters

Privacy Curtains

navver

Privacy Curtains Empty Privacy Curtains

Post by navver Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:26 pm

We haven't got any privacy curtains with our 2005 designer although they are supposed to be a standard fitment. I guess the previous owner took them out for some reason and never put them back in. Same with the roof lining. However we would like some.

I have two long curtain springs which would reach from one side of the camper to the other but how do they fit. I mean what do the curtain springs attach to. Are curtain springs the way they are fitted.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Privacy Curtains Empty Re: Privacy Curtains

Post by peridot Wed 05 Feb 2014, 1:36 pm

Our Designer had a self-tapper screw fitted towards each end of the roof support pole over the edge of the bed, together with a small 'P-clip' fitted in the centre.

The curtain spring threaded through the P-clip and hooked under the head of the screw at each end.

I don't know if this was 'standard' or fitted by a previous owner, but it worked well in any case.
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 1:40 pm

Mine is the same, so probably standard.
    navver

Post by navver Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:07 pm

Thanks, that sounds logical. So if they were standard, as they were supposed to be, I should have a pair of poles with screws & a P clip. Can't say I've noticed any.

Is it the poles that hook in or the bars that go up when lifting the beds over.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:51 pm

In our 6 there are 3 buttons the same as the ones for fixing the cover and bungees to. They are either end and one in the middle of the bar that raises the roof. We assume they are for putting up privacy curtains, although we don't have any.
    KB

Post by KB Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:06 am

I read posts like this and play twister in my head!

What is a P clip? Sounds awful!

Anyhow, you'll have to leave an hole or ideally two if you are going for the cheap sheets from ASDA solution offered by MR Trendy aka Victor with the Fiat
    I bought some clips just in case but my true project is a Dandy Shower lol
    KB

Post by KB Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:11 am

We haven't got any privacy curtains with our 2005 designer although they are supposed to be a standard fitment. I guess the previous owner took them out for some reason

Oh risqué.....a nude Dandy!
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:52 am

navver wrote:

It was the poles that hook in on mine. Should be a fairly straightforward job to drill some holes to take the screws. I suppose the even simpler option would be to thread a tab-top curtain directly over the pole.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:32 pm

peridot wrote:
    navver wrote:

It was the poles that hook in on mine. Should be a fairly straightforward job to drill some holes to take the screws. I suppose the even simpler option would be to thread a tab-top curtain directly over the pole.

Can't argue with the tab top curtain.

I don't think "Dandy" is one of the 100 words in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if it was and you gave the response of "Standard" it would be likely that you had a severe psychiatric problem. Dandy didn't really do standard.

I've seen set ups with curtain wire, camping C clips or P clips and I don't really do upholstery.

KB
    C Clip [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]P Clip [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KB I'm suffering from a temporary sense of humor bypass. Just realised that your comment might not be completely serious and you might know perfectly well what a p clip is. D'oh!
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

Standard? my wires are attached to the hoops! No curtains fitted though  Embarassed 
    navver

Post by navver Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:27 pm

You'd think that by 2005 they would have got the hang of standardisation helping production efficiency, but in my designer I've got:

A solid plastic window in the end wall over the bed as well as the "standard" designer one.

A vent grille in the door and one in the wall above the door and one above the kitchen window. 3 in total.

A cassette toilet

A built in oven

A fridge freezer

A swimming pool

Hot water and shower

3 double beds

2 armchairs

A full size snooker table, although levelling takes a while

A log burner

Must say a P clip would certainly come in handy in the night, what size would I need?

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:20 pm

navver wrote:You'd think that by 2005 they would have got the hang of standardisation helping production efficiency, but in my designer I've got:

A solid plastic window in the end wall over the bed as well as the "standard" designer one.

A vent grille in the door and one in the wall above the door and one above the kitchen window. 3 in total.

A cassette toilet

A built in oven

A fridge freezer

A swimming pool

Hot water and shower

3 double beds

2 armchairs

A full size snooker table, although levelling takes a while

A log burner

Must say a P clip would certainly come in handy in the night, what size would I need?

You have vents!!!!!

Wouldn't know what size P clip you would require, but do believe they come in extra small.  lol!
    navver

Post by navver Sat 08 Mar 2014, 9:30 pm

I've sussed the privacy curtains fixing in mine now. There is a curtain spring which stretches right across the dandy, clipping into a roof lining P clip at the ends and running through a small loop in the roof lining in the centre.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 1:46 am