Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one!

Little and Large

2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one! Empty 2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one!

Post by Little and Large Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:34 pm

Hello, We have decided to sell our 2005 Dandy Destiny High Side.  Shocked 
    This was a topic of conversation last year on the modified loo.
    We have recently moved house and we do not plan on using the Large in the near future so we thought may as well let the forum readers have first dabs on this lovely Dandy Destiny.
    we have used her a few times and its great - better than we expected to be honest.
    Full acrylic awning which we have not used - the destiny id big enough.
    Motormover fully working.
    tows really well
    Fully loaded needs nothing.

I will post pics tomorrow as its getting late now.   Smile 

Price? well we paid £3,950
    Make us an offer over the above and we will have a think about it  Smile 

Ian And Alison

Last edited by Little and Large on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : improving AD)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one! Empty Re: 2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one!

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:40 am

Little and Large wrote:Hello, We have decided to sell our 2005 Dandy Destiny High Side.  Shocked 
    This was a topic of conversation last year on the modified loo.
    We have recently moved house and we do not plan on using the Large in the near future so we thought may as well let the forum readers have first dabs on this lovely Dandy Destiny.
    we have used her a few times and its great - better than we expected to be honest.
    Full acrylic awning which we have not used - the destiny id big enough.
    Motormover fully working.
    tows really well
    Fully loaded needs nothing.

I will post pics tomorrow as its getting late now.   Smile 

Price? well we paid £3,950
    Make us an offer over the above and we will have a think about it  Smile 

Ian And Alison

If you are new to the forum and in the market for a late model Destiny this ad may intrigue and confuse you. Even though the statement ended with a smilie  it might sound rather rich for someone to sell something that is a year older than when they bought it and be looking for more money than what they paid for it. To explain this the best thing might be for you to search through Little and Large's posts [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that will better explain the recent history of the Destiny.

Ian and Alison.

Looking through the posts I can see several references were made to various mods. Time has dulled my memory. Hopefully your ad photos will cover these. As I see you have now got the hang of posting photos could I ask you to finish off the thread on the split toilet door with photos and a review of the pros and cons? This could be a benefit to quite a few other Destiny owners.

Are you to be looking for a replacement "Little" or are we likely to be losing you?

While appreciating you are selling your Destiny we have limited numbers of the later Highside owners. Have you towed quite a bit? Would you care to comment on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and your experiences?
    Little and Large

2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one! Empty 2005 Dandy Destiny high side for sale

Post by Little and Large Sat 22 Mar 2014, 10:46 pm

Here is a pic of our highside, in Scotland last year
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2nd pic was taken by previous owner and just shows the modified loo door lower left, I will need to get the Destiny out of storage and take some detailed pics and explain the 'set up'
    As I have had no experience with the standard 'set up' and don't know if this modified part of our unit is of any benefit or easier to use.
    When we were away and while I was sitting relaxing in the unit I became more aware that the whole Unit where the sink, Refrigerator and electrics live has been 'modified' or as; I now say been renewed.
    I think there has been some sort of mishap with this part of the camper and this part has had some extensive work done to it.
    Does any one out there know this Destiny High side and its history/
    I have a feeling it could be an early one as it has rain deflectors fitted to the sides and this was done at the factory.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Little and Large

2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one! Empty 2005 Dandy Destiny High side for sale

Post by Little and Large Sat 22 Mar 2014, 11:14 pm

Hello, First of all Alison and I have has 3 Dandy campers over the years.
    First one was a really nice Green sided Dandy 4 from early seventies and we went on our honeymoon to Scotland's west coast with Daisy, good friends of ours still have Daisy and are still using her.
    Second one was Little, a very, very nice Dart which was used a few times but we thought we need more space So Little was sold to a very nice Lady forum member.

We have used the Destiny 3 times last year and enjoyed all the trips.
    First trip was to Hadrian's Wall which is just up the road for us and we really enjoyed it - and are still married  Very Happy  People did comment how nice the unit was and how big it was inside.
    Second trip took us to Stirling in Scotland for 4 night and then on to Dingwall in the highlands of Scotland for 1 week - great place and friendly people.
    then back to Stirling again for 3 nights.
    my point in this ramble is; its not to difficult to erect and put down on your holidays it does take a bit longer.
    third trip was me Ian working for 1 week at Stormin the castle Motorcycle rally in Co Durham, the unit was erected by me and 2  friends - we did great and it was a very comfortable week sleeping in the Destiny
    The set up of the Unit got easier the more we used the unit.
    make no mistake this is a large Unit to put up and the gas struts are invaluable.
    Because of the size of the unit I would recommend you view before you buy, as an example with the roof on a standard size Dandy it is relatively easy to get in place - its a bit more cumbersome with the Destiny high side, If the wind gets up it would be advised to get help from other helpful campers we encountered this at Hadrian's Wall, we are quite capable but it could quite quickly get out of hand.

My wife is watching me type this and is wondering why are we selling Large mmmm
    anyway any interest let us know.
    feel free to ring 07719916652 this is my work phone and I do not mind it being posted.
    I would like to know of any history with this unit - guess Ian at Wigan is the best port of call!

thanks for reading,

Ian and Alison
    Little and Large

2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one! Empty Re: 2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one!

Post by Little and Large Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:31 pm

Hello, after much thought Alison and I have decided to keep our Destiny High side.
    We will not be using the unit much but so what, we will not get a chance to own such a great Dandy.

Sorry if it seems we have messed people about.

I'll post elsewhere a bit more about our Destiny,

Thanks Ian and Alison
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 18 Apr 2014, 1:37 pm

Can't say I blame you, I'd do the same. Our Dandy hasn't been used much for a couple of years now as we had a caravan but we've owned it for around 11 years and know that the condition is great, plus we've put new suspension on and I've added my own touches inside. We've sold the van but I'm so pleased we didn't sell our Dandy ...... Now we plan on having lots more fun with it  cheers 

We can always move the thread and change the title for you  Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 18 Apr 2014, 4:22 pm

If you are OK for storage it's not going to end up owing you anything at the price you paid for it.
    Newtonheath1878

2005 Dandy Destiny High Side for sale, this is the modified one! Empty Keeping Dandy

Post by Newtonheath1878 Sat 19 Apr 2014, 1:21 pm

I don't blame you it looks in fantastic condition and I am sure you would miss it greatly, especially now with the whole summer to look forward to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:06 am