Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
navver
Helen
Newtonheath1878
7 posters

Hi from another Dandy less newbie

Newtonheath1878

Hi from another Dandy less newbie - Page 2 Empty Yes or no

Post by Newtonheath1878 Sat 29 Mar 2014, 12:50 pm

Hi looking at this ebay item 131148794251 with view to buy,any thoughts from members welcome.

Thanks
    navver

Hi from another Dandy less newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi from another Dandy less newbie

Post by navver Sat 29 Mar 2014, 7:51 pm

Looks to be about 1994. The kitchen is the early modern type with big centre tier cupboards. Looks like glass windows rather than the modern double glazed plastic ones. Tow Itch will argue they are easier to replace if broken.

Looks like it had or has an underfloor heater as well as the propex. The propex is reported as effective, but possibly noisy and requires quite a lot of 12volt power. 1 to 2 amps. Someone must have cared for it to spend on that upgrade.

Is definitely not insulated side walls. See the blue and white colour inside over the beds. If it was insulated the inside would be white.

Curious why it has a carpetted wheel arch one side but wood boxed the other. It does form a useful shelf to put shoes on though like in ours.
    Has a home made gas box on the front.
    Underbed skirts very useful for storage and quite expensive.
    2 door keys is good.
    No lids over the cooker and sink so no worktop, and curtains may be at risk from fire if cooking and fat splashes.
    Over kitchen shelf looks home made but very useful.

Little bit of wiring at the back of the Propex heater looks a bit dodgy. Just a connector strip. They have used twin and earth cable for the sockets, can just be seen in the propex picture. It should not be used in caravans and campers as it has a solid conductor which does not withstand the vibration of being towed. It should be flexible cable. That cable should only be used in houses etc which don't move. Interested to see if they have a test certificate for the electrics.

Can't see a fusebox but it should have a double pole RCD main switch. May have, but can't see.

Battery and charger jury rigged at the front. Maybe to operate the lights fitted inside for the photos.

Has an awning but wants £250 extra for it. May be a way of reducing ebay fees.

Looks in good condition and well cared for, nice and clean but obviously you need to see it to make sure. £1750 with awning at the moment and bids may go higher is a lot of money but then has the Propex and prices seem high at the moment being beginning of the season.

It is 20years old but the great thing is they were well made in those days and are easy to repair if needed.

Hope that helps
    Newtonheath1878

Hi from another Dandy less newbie - Page 2 Empty Navver

Post by Newtonheath1878 Sat 29 Mar 2014, 8:40 pm

Wow thank you for that informative reply Navver I will give it a miss, the search goes on.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Hi from another Dandy less newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi from another Dandy less newbie

Post by Tow Itch Tue 01 Apr 2014, 9:34 pm

navver wrote:Looks to be about 1994. The kitchen is the early modern type with big centre tier cupboards.  Looks like glass windows rather than the modern double glazed plastic ones. Tow Itch will argue they are easier to replace if broken.

Looks like it had or has an underfloor heater as well as the propex. The propex is reported as effective, but possibly noisy and requires quite a lot of 12volt power. 1 to 2 amps. Someone must have cared for it to spend on that upgrade.

No lids over the cooker and sink so no worktop, and curtains may be at risk from fire if cooking and fat splashes.
    Over kitchen shelf looks home made but very useful.

Little bit of wiring at the back of the Propex heater looks a bit dodgy. Just a connector strip. They have used twin and earth cable for the sockets, can just be seen in the propex picture. It should not be used in caravans and campers as it has a solid conductor which does not withstand the vibration of being towed. It should be flexible cable. That cable should only be used in houses etc which don't move. Interested to see if they have a test certificate for the electrics.

Can't see a fusebox but it should have a double pole RCD main switch. May have, but can't see.

Battery and charger jury rigged at the front. Maybe to operate the lights fitted inside for the photos.

Looks in good condition and well cared for, nice and clean but obviously you need to see it to make sure. £1750 with awning at the moment and bids may go higher is a lot of money but then has the Propex and prices seem high at the moment being beginning of the season.

It is 20years old but the great thing is they were well made in those days and are easy to repair if needed.

Hope that helps

Looks to be about 1994. The kitchen is the early modern type with big centre tier cupboards.  Looks like glass windows rather than the modern double glazed plastic ones. Tow Itch will argue they are easier to replace if broken.
    I would have argued that. Not too certain now we know somewhere that can replace Perspex windows I'm not given to form an opinion one way or the other. They may be more expensive but windows aren't broken every week.

Only the 1,600 unit. I only know of one person who wanted to go from Riviera to Propex not sure if he finished the job. John did fit one. Several opinions that the propex is a touch less than quiet.
    vickoir wrote:
    hooker128 wrote:I fitted a PROPEX heater for her indoors, feels the cold you know, even July Aug, and it passed her test, and  she took the fleece off Laughing

do you find it noisy though? when we first got our designer, we were excited as it had propex fitted.....and then nick fired it up i was horrified we started making jokes like "passenger doors to manual please" "No smoking or using the toilets whilst the seatbelt sign is illuminated" etc it not so bad now  i'm used to it but boy i'd have the underfloor unit over it anyday

pirat
    John wrote:fans not to loud,but when the burner kicks in... some one said its like a digidaroo warbling away  Smile

MK2.1 cupboards? Was there an early version with no lid and just the folding metal splashback?

Oh I was impressed by the T&E spot, I'd just about questioned the table top because they did have curved sides to ease moving round them.
    Interested to see if they have a test certificate for the electrics
    Bar yourself who might be able to issue certificates have you ever seen a folding camper with a test certificate?

Might be I think he just believes he will get more with a separately sold awning. Though the Gumtree listing has an inclusive price.

As I said in the For Sale Thread:
    Tow Itch wrote:Can't object to someone making a couple of quid but after notionally giving up this should be listed as a business seller though they sell through 2 different accounts. Let me see who do we know who sells from Blythe Bridge in staffordshire who always sells the awnings separately?

So far this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:03 am