Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
Sparkles
6 posters

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!!

Sparkles

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! Empty Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!!

Post by Sparkles Thu 01 May 2014, 10:32 am

Well payday finally arrived, and we finally picked up the destiny on Tuesday as planned!! Got to the dealer to pick it up, and they salesman who was there had never put one down before so we spent an hours and had a few laughs trying our first attempt at putting it down! Seriously, the think the salesman had a great day as we made him laugh so much!

I had thought it had 2 previous owners, however, we were handed a pack and it had all the original documents, instructions, serial number, fridge manuals, original destiny manual, underfloor heater manual, the lot. Over the moon! Also had some very clear step-by-step typed instructions which the previous owner had included on how to erect it. It looks like there has only ever been one previous owner. All of the cushions are all kept in bags with plastic sheeting inbetween everything. The dealer said the guy who put it up had never seen anything so well looked after like that after nearly 20 years!

I think i mentioned how good condition it was in in my first post, and despite buying a load of fabric to recover everything, I really think i'm just going to leave it. Seriously, for something with is 19 year old, it is in perfect condition. Been so well looked after. Plus the dealer gave it a valet inside and even the carpet looks great!

Its done nothing but rain for the last 2 days, so we haven't got round to putting it up yet and its killing me! Dying to get it up and take pictures to show you all! I need to give her a name (i've already decided she is a girl, lol). `

I have a couple of things i need to buy. A gas bottle, step and water bottle are the main ones I'm thinking of. The dealer capped the gas off on the heater for legal reasons, but luckily the hubby is a gas engineer so he can sort that out and make sure its all safe to use.

I'm rambling on.... sorry! Just so excited!

Sparkles xx

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! Empty Re: Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!!

Post by mike Thu 01 May 2014, 10:42 am

Only one thing i can say

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 1428739134 
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! Empty Re: Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!!

Post by Caz1960 Thu 01 May 2014, 6:15 pm

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 3517506835 Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 3517506835 Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 2792229418  fully understand your excitement and the list of needs, wants and just have to have for no other reason. can't wait for your pictures  Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 2792229418 
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 01 May 2014, 6:31 pm

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 1428739134 I'm sure you're going to have many happy holidays together. Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get a chance to put her up. Our Olivia is 19 years old as well and she's in excellent condition too, Dandys last for ever if they're well looked after and it sounds as if yours certainly has been.
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! Empty Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!!

Post by Rik Shaw Thu 01 May 2014, 8:05 pm

Great to hear.....

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 1428739134 

have fun
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 02 May 2014, 1:54 pm

Caz1960 wrote:Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 3517506835 Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 3517506835 Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 2792229418  fully understand your excitement and the list of needs, wants and just have to have for no other reason. can't wait for your pictures  Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 2792229418 

Finally picked up my Dandy Destiny!!! 2667980805 

Congratulations, OOoooo so exciting shopping for all the lovely things you want to put in your Dandy ...... it really is shocking just how much you can end up with  Embarassed  I think I've finally found a balance between what I need and what frivolities I can take without it taking me hours and hours to pack away  lol! 
    Sparkles

Post by Sparkles Fri 02 May 2014, 11:49 pm

Thanks everyone.... Just got home from a 12 hour shift and its all up in my garden! Its pitch black now, so i'll be up bright and early in the morning.

I'll take some pics and try and get them on here, if i can work out what to do! Lol.

Sparkles xx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:18 am