Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Trolley Jack

Newtonheath1878

Trolley Jack Empty Trolley Jack

Post by Newtonheath1878 Sat 10 May 2014, 8:33 pm

Going to buy axle stands and considering buying a trolley jack for raising and tyre changing.I've read that some of the smaller ones don't have enough height does anyone know what height I'd need for changing tyres, the standard size for 2 ton jacks seems to be 13cm to 34cm.

Thanks
    ChrisP
    ChrisP

Trolley Jack Empty How about a cheap bottle jack?

Post by ChrisP Mon 12 May 2014, 9:55 pm

Trolley jacks are great in the garage, but heavy on the road. With a bottle jack you get the hydraulic bit to do the lifting, but not the bulk. I bought a cheap 2 tonne one from screwfix. Since the wheels add height, a bottle jack can slip under a smaller gap. It raised my 4/5 high enough to list the wheel off the ground. As well as wheel changing, I used mine to lift one side on a sloping pitch enough to slip some wood under the wheel so that when I let it off the jack the Dandy was level. Always useful to have some plywood off cuts to give a solid base to list off. Handy for the Dandy legs as well.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Trolley Jack Empty Re: Trolley Jack

Post by Tow Itch Tue 13 May 2014, 11:09 pm

I've never used a jack to remove a wheel on a Dandy. Because of the way I travel or work I've generally got timber to hand so just made a lever and stuffed baulks under the side.
    Bit more difficult on the longer and heavier Destiny but for the smaller Dandys dropping the front as low as possible then baulking the rear or lowering the rear steadies should allow the winding down of the jockey wheel to lift the road wheels off ground.

Sponsored content

Trolley Jack Empty Re: Trolley Jack

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 11:08 am