Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy trailer tent security

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer tent security Empty Dandy trailer tent security

Post by mike on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

All right its probably not worth a fortune,but you have paid your hard earned money out so why make it simple to pinch,in most cases if someone wants to steal some thing they will,its our job to make it that bit more difficult.

First on the list is a wheel clamp ,with the older ones make sure you get one that will go on 10inch wheels,lots of them only go down to 13inch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second one is a hitch lock the one in the picture is a basic one i use something similar in conjunction with a wheel clamp,the main difference is my lock is in a shroud so not as easy to cut off.

The third one is also a good tyre saver for the winter "winter wheels" care must be taken though believe it or not some insurance company's dont allow them.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer tent security Empty Re: Dandy trailer tent security

Post by mike on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:33 am

Just seen on another site this is supposed to be a good price for the bulldog secutity system[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:57 am

Thought this was a good idea for keeping a Dandy safe if it's stored on your drive.

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:27 pm

that's clever, simple and not expensive Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer tent security Empty Dandy Trailer Tent Security

Post by Helen on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:58 am

I have said this once before but that was a long time ago. We can all do our best to protect our Dandy's but there will always be nasty people about and if the worst should happen.

Make sure you insure your Dandy, it doesn't cost that much.

Make a note of the serial number, thieves will probably grind this off but you never know.

Photograph anything unique to your Dandy, even if it is only a mark that won't come off or a small ding.

Make notes on all modifications you have done and take some pictures ........ it may help with proving it is your Dandy if it shows up for sale somewhere.

Smart Water has a unique code and is almost invisible or a UV Marker, apply some on a part that can't be removed such as the underside of the bed frame. You could put it in a few places, make a note so you don't forget where it is .....
This would also help prove it is your Dandy.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 3:51 pm

Interesting but expensive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

OMG. The cheaapest "insuranse recognised" wheel clamp was £59.99 at our local caravan place. Had to buy it today as it's sat on the drive, and not even insured yet. Had no choice but to pay it.

Not got the hitchlock yet. They had a cheap one for 19.99, but it wasn't "insurance recognised". The cheapest "IR" one was about £60.00. I will wait until I find one cheaper.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

Dandy trailer tent security 2792229418 Dandy trailer tent security 2792229418 Dandy trailer tent security 2792229418 That means you bought it Dandy trailer tent security 1428739134
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:31 pm

LOL Helen, yes I got it. You actually beat me to putting up the " I Bought It" post.
Well chuffed, and can't wait to set it up tommoz and clean it all up. Hope they don't want me in work tomorrow night :/ IM BUSY bounce
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:34 pm

That's fantastic news, you will want to sit and play in it all day Dandy trailer tent security 184121345

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 06 Aug 2020, 2:28 pm