Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

delta awning

nannyduck
    nannyduck

delta awning Empty delta awning

Post by nannyduck Sat 02 Aug 2014, 11:33 am

hi i am not sure if i am posting this right as i am new ,
    we have just bought our very first dandy, we used to have a caravan but now only have a small car, this is a 1990s delta, we have had advice on cleaning it but not sure about putting up the awning, any advice please or tips, thankyou delta awning 143088812 
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

delta awning Empty Re: delta awning

Post by mike Sat 02 Aug 2014, 12:13 pm

delta awning 1217042266 

There is an post on here about this but i cant find it,i think i wrote it  delta awning 1705467399 

Its been so long since i put one up not sure i would be reliable now so will leave it to some one ewlse
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 02 Aug 2014, 12:31 pm

Found it

The original awning for a dandy can be daunting the first time you try to erect it,lets be honest PVC is not the lightest material in the world.
    What can you do to make it easier,well the awning as standard comes in two parts the roof with the walls attached and the front panel that zips and press studs into place.
    If your awning is still in this form (alternative choice later) and you are a couple of fairly tall strongish people you can erect it any way you like,if on the other hand you are like me and will never see 20 again there are things you can do to make it easier.First only have the frame at half hight at the front,then lay the awning out flat inside down and roll it from the back to the front so it looks like a roll of carpet,this way you only have a roll of awning to get on the frame easier than having bunches of awning trying to do different things.
    The pockets that the veranda pole ends go in are not very deep and and dont always stay on the poles,i use three plastic spring clamps one on each to stop them sliding of,and remove them when finished.
    The next step is to unroll the awning in the direction of the dandy and slip the edge under the roof,there should be three press studs that attach the awning to the frame near the dandy,its always said do the centre one first but mine needs the outside ones doing first,so its trial and error on that.
    Then if you haven't already put the frame up to full height and fasten the awning to the roof poles inside the dandy using the strings,remove the three spring clamps.
    Before you start to peg down fit the front panel and zip it up making sure the zips work after pegging,it gets easier with practice.

The alternative choice i mentioned is to have the side walls removed and zips fitted this does make the job a lot easier you put the roof on as before but dont have the weight of the walls to contend with then zip the walls into place.

These are the clamps i use

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

nannyduck
    nannyduck

delta awning Empty delta awning

Post by nannyduck Sat 02 Aug 2014, 3:19 pm

thankyou, sun has come out so we are going to carry on trying the 500 different cleaning products that we have just bought lol, then tomorrow will be the big day for trying the awning thankyou again  Laughing 
    navver

Post by navver Sat 02 Aug 2014, 7:49 pm

We use CIF creme cleanser with a damp cloth to clean it. It needs a bit of elbow grease but does come up clean. Spray with Mr sheen or similar.

With the awning you can peg the end guy ropes as you unroll it towards the dandy. That holds everything in place especially if it windy. The PVC is very slippery and it does tend to slide all over the poles. When taking down roll away from the dandy and unpeg as you go. Again it holds it all in place.

Lay the poles out on the ground first. Start assembling at one end and build the frame.

The hooks which go over the side of the dandy slot down inside into the same brackets as the roof bars fit in.

The eaves poles at the front are different lengths. (L)eft hand is (L)onger. L & L. Mark them if it helps.

The 4-way cross shaped pieces, there are 3 of them. The 2 outside ones are the same as each other. The centre one bends at a shallower angle. Again mark them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 6:00 am