Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-)

Sparkles

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-) Empty Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-)

Post by Sparkles Mon 15 Sep 2014, 10:47 am

Hi all!!

Back again. Haven't been online for a few months! Finally managed a weekend away in the Destiny which was very nearly a disaster, but we have learnt from it! Anyway.....

It looks like long weekends away is gonna be the way forward for us due to work commitments, so my question is about sun canopys! We have a movelite xl which is great if we are going away for a week, but pointless friday-sunday. So we are after a sun canopy, so we have somewhere to put our shoes and toilet for night time emergencies with the kids!

Any suggestions?? We have the Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 if that helps, with no awning rail modifications. Don't want to make any modifications either so I'm guessing we looking for some sort of driveaway type??

Thanks in advance for any help and advice Very Happy

Sparkles xx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-) Empty Re: Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-)

Post by Helen Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:02 pm

I'd keep a look out for a Dandy suncanopy ...... one from a designer or discovery would fit. If not then the only other thing would be a caravan sun canopy with perhaps some eyelets along the bit with the rail insert and then use ties to ties onto the Dandy roof bars ..... you can buy eyelet rings and a tool to fit them.
    Sparkles

Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-) Empty Re: Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-)

Post by Sparkles Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:14 pm

Thanks for that.... How bad is it that I actually ment porch awning!! Its been a long day, lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:21 pm

You could use the same method with a lightweight caravan porch awning ...... we did with the swift easy porch Dandy Destiny Highside 1995 Porch Awning Options/Suggestions Please :-) 184121345 I'd measure from ground to top of the destiny first though as ours is a designer but the swift was previously used on our caravan of similar if not taller height than a Destiny
    Sparkles

Post by Sparkles Tue 16 Sep 2014, 9:00 am

Thanks for that Helen. Will get measuring! Also been having a look about on ebay. Saw this but need to check measurements out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll have a look for what you said now though.

Hoping to get away again 26th..... Can't wait!

Sparkles x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:42 pm