Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Toll Savings M6 And Dartford Crossings

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Toll Savings M6 And Dartford Crossings  Empty Toll Savings M6 And Dartford Crossings

Post by Tow Itch Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:56 pm

Pulled this from elsewhere and I'm in full agreement with one of the posters said "I'm more likely to to ski nude down Everest towing an antelope than use the M6 Toll." but why should I force my prejudices on you. Also for anyone who hasn't used it all the signs are for the toll on the M6 and it's very easy to get swept along into that flow.

Discounts or removal of charges.

M6 Toll

If you're a Caravan Club member and present your card you only get charged as a car when towing a caravan or trailer. If you are very affluent and can afford a motorhome that is also just charged as a car. No idea on motorhome or trailer. I've no information on this from the M6 toll people but it is reliable.

If you are disabled and your vehicle is VED (Road Tax) exempt you can apply for a pass [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for free use.

Dartford Crossing

This is much cheaper than the M6 toll and trailers are already free, or more accurately only charged at car only rates.

There is an exemption for vehicles exempted from road tax due to disability with as far as I understand no need to apply for a pass.  It might be an idea to confirm this as new number plate charging will come into force soon. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know of no discounts on the 12p to cross Warburton Bridge other than the all day 25p ticket.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:28 am