Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

New Destiny

Simon W

New Destiny Empty New Destiny

Post by Simon W Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm

Just replaced our Dandy Designer with a 97 Destiny. Wow can't believe how much bigger it is inside. Very happy with our purchase from Ian at Dandy Riva,  despite a tyre blow out on the way home down the M6. Ordering two new tyre tommorow getting 155 R12 (T R or S) load capacity of 77/78 or 86/88 not sure which is correct.  Not to bad to put up easier in some ways than the designer spend the day getting it up cleaned and fitted out with our own stuff. Very Happy
    navver

New Destiny Empty Re: New Destiny

Post by navver Mon 09 Feb 2015, 2:06 pm

This one I guess:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You're lucky, I've had my eye on that one myself to replace our designer but lack of room on the drive and a few other distractions at the same time stopped me. I think that is the best destiny there is as it has a nice open layout, lots of seating and space but is not too unwieldy. Also a 4 ring cooker

It looks a good one with the heater and awning etc.
    Linda Holmes
    Linda Holmes

Post by Linda Holmes Mon 09 Feb 2015, 4:07 pm

Nice unit, Simon, and it certainly looks to have plenty of room. Smile
    navver

Post by navver Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:47 pm

Do you think it's possible to get to the fridge and put stuff in it without erecting the unit. It looks like you can open the bottom half of the door and get to the fridge, but will need the wardrobe and kitchen unit not to be in the way.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Tue 10 Feb 2015, 11:56 pm

Congratulations Simon, that looks to be in great condition.

The light blue Destinys are great units. My later one sacrifices a lot in terms of layout, size, weight, and I suspect overall build quality for the sake of an onboard loo. However, keeping the ladies of the family happy overrides all other considerations Smile

navver

Post by navver Wed 11 Feb 2015, 1:37 pm

Yes its a shame they didn't make a 4 berth toilet model in the high side length.

They could have put an L shaped seating area with the left hand bed/settee and a settee/storage where the kitchen is and free standing table. Then put a toilet cubicle between the wardrobe and right hand bed with the kitchen opposite. That would be 2 doubles. The toilet cubicle would be easier as the wardrobe would be one wall. The shorter length would be much easier to erect, store and tow.

Families are smaller now so a 6 berth is not so necessary although they could still offer it as an option.
    Simon W

Post by Simon W Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:03 pm

We are going to get two new tyres fitted tomorrow since the blow out better to be safe than sorry. The build quality of dandy's never stop's amazing me,our new destiny (new to us) is 17 years old and is in great condition her previous owners should be very proud! Going to remove the carpet and get lino fitted, two young girls wit muddy feet and carpet not a good match! Off to the north Norfolk coast for Easter can't wait!

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 13 Feb 2015, 9:00 am

Great looking unit Simon, welcome to the world of Dandys

I'm surprised it's got an underfloor heater at the young age of 17 as I thought they'd stopped doing them 93/94.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:57 pm