Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Collecting 'new' Dandy tomorrow AM - Tyre inch gap to arch...is it ok?

kyte

Collecting 'new' Dandy tomorrow AM - Tyre inch gap to arch...is it ok? Empty Collecting 'new' Dandy tomorrow AM - Tyre inch gap to arch...is it ok?

Post by kyte Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:49 pm

I'm collecting the 'new' Dandy Discovery tomorrow morning. The seller just got back letting me know that the gap between the wheel and the arch is 1 inch and the distance between the bottom of the trailer and the ground is 10 inches. Does this sound ok?
    Sanjo

Collecting 'new' Dandy tomorrow AM - Tyre inch gap to arch...is it ok? Empty Re: Collecting 'new' Dandy tomorrow AM - Tyre inch gap to arch...is it ok?

Post by Sanjo Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:49 pm

Hello Kyte
    Sorry nobody appears to have answered your questions. Did you pick her up OK?
    Are you pleased with her
    Sandra
    navver

Collecting 'new' Dandy tomorrow AM - Tyre inch gap to arch...is it ok? Empty Re: Collecting 'new' Dandy tomorrow AM - Tyre inch gap to arch...is it ok?

Post by navver Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:33 pm

Measured mine today. There is approx. 2 inches clear from the wheel to the wheel arch and the bottom of the trailer is 12 inches from the ground.

Now mine is a 2005 dark blue designer and I have a feeling they raised the tow ball height on these compared with the light blue ones.
    kyte

Post by kyte Sun 28 Jun 2015, 4:19 am

Thank you, yes I picked her up ok. I didn't get a chance to look at the awning (no space in their drive), so I'm feeling a bit anxious about that. But she seems ok. Just needs a small repair to the the top of one of the walls.

She towed ok, but does seem a bit low for speed bumps...which I avoided!

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm

Hi,

all older Dandys suspension will have some loss of height but so long as the tyre wear is even and it isn't touching the arches you'll be okay. If your concerned about the height you could always add some spacers to raise it. You can buy spacers from indespension or easily make your own, they sit between the chassis and suspension.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:41 am