Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Why You Should Take Your Children Camping

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Why You Should Take Your Children Camping Empty Why You Should Take Your Children Camping

Post by Tow Itch Sat 11 Jun 2016, 12:15 am

Ok. I've posted a link to this years ago but something about it cropped up in conversation last week.

1) If you buy things for Halfords you have too much money or too little sense.

2) I may be strangely deluded not having children myself.

3) No conversation will be entered into as to whether this caused me to have a lump in my throat or not.

Re loading the advert

Last edited by Tow Itch on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Why You Should Take Your Children Camping Empty Re: Why You Should Take Your Children Camping

Post by peridot Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm

Tow Itch wrote:Ok. I've posted a link to this years ago but something about it cropped up in conversation last week.

1) If you buy things for Halfords you have too much money or too little sense.

2) I may be strangely deluded not having children myself.

3) No conversation will be entered into as to whether this caused me to have a lump in my throat or not.

Most importantly, if your children cannot immediately identify the song used in that video you are a bad parent Why You Should Take Your Children Camping 1208560806

1) generally yes, but you can usefully exploit Halfrauds incompetence in stock management to find occasional bargains.

2) no, you have your beautiful inner child to inform you ... so many people let that slip away Neutral

3) well that was the intention, and I agree totally with the sentiment. That said, no matter how powerful those early experiences, very soon the primary requirement for a camping trip is that the site has Wi-Fi or mobile phone coverage. However with many kids/teens the technology is used to keep abreast of the environmental and political issues that they are passionate about. Perhaps this technology might help them make a better fist of things then I feel my generation has.

A few months back I noticed my teenage daughter looking at YouTube and made some sarky comment like "what are you watching, that crap will rot your brain". She said I'll send you the link Dad. As a result she was left with a self-satisfied smirk, and I may have had a lump in my throat.

I've dug out the link here -

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 5:28 am