Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Christmas break Chat

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Christmas break Chat - Page 10 Empty Re: Christmas break Chat

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:49 pm

I'll happily bring the freezer. If for nothing else other than ice cubes.
Re defrosting turkey. What are defrost times if ambient temp is oc to 5c? Would have thought turkey is OK in box if not in a warm Dandy but you are welcome to the freezer. (Not just idle conjecture many moons ago did intermediate food hygiene would have thought it's premature thawing is the least of your issues.) Other than for ice cubes or if anyone has a frozen desert desire I wouldn't have bothered with a cooler for other food items.
To confirm I will not be there Christmas day. Early leave Christmas Day return Boxing Day post hangover.
I'd counted the numbers and thought the maximum at any time were 10/12 dependent on Terry.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 2:06 pm

You are correct about the thawing but with these needing to go in small ovens i got three smallish joints and i think the thawing would be quicker,they would go in the coolbox early morning on the 23rd and i was concerned they would need cooking before the 25th (we dont know how many toilets are on site Very Happy )

As far as i know for Christmas dinner there will be

cazz and Wayne plus doggy
Helen and John
Nancy and me
Eilis

Vicky and nick are arriving after Christmas day,Terry and April ime sure said they couldn't make it

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

Just before anyone gets to thinking this newfound Christmas enthusiasm isn't to do with having a bigger insulated Dandy, I'm sure I'd have been snug in the Green Un.

Ime sure you would but you are in for a pleasant surprise,just hoping that with the larger area in the six my insulation does the trick.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

Start packing the gear ready to load in the car for the Christmas meet today cheers we use a couple of very large plastic boxes one gets filled with gear then it stands inside an empty one so only takes up the space of one in the car but we have two when we get on site to store stuff in.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:35 pm

Good idea on the boxes, Mike. Christmas break Chat - Page 10 3498837457

We too are packing things ready, we need to put the lights back on the Dandy after rewiring them, the only problem is, the riveter is buried in the spare room, first job is empty the room, lol. I think we night be riveting by torch light. lol!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:44 pm

cazz wrote:Good idea on the boxes, Mike. Christmas break Chat - Page 10 3498837457

We too are packing things ready, we need to put the lights back on the Dandy after rewiring them, the only problem is, the riveter is buried in the spare room, first job is empty the room, lol. I think we night be riveting by torch light. lol!

Dont mention spare rooms that need emptying to Nancy,we live in a very large Victorian terrace house ive lived here for over 40 years,never had any children so even with my first wife most rooms got used for storing valuable items Very Happy ,i tend to horde stuff lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:54 pm

lol! we live in a poxy 15 year old town house with no back garden, shed, garage, our spare room is all of these things, and we like to horde stuff is well. Shocked

If we removed all the car stuff, pet stuff, hobby stuff, magazines and tools, it would look bare. I did put some shelves up in there this week, but as we wanted our bed back everything got rammed back in there again. bom
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

We need to sort out who is taking what to the meet,we will only have two pans so some one will need to take some as well,we got some crackers today and have a Christmas table cloth,hopefully there will be at least one more oven,the things we need are

vegetables
Christmas pudding which i will leave to some one else as we dont like it
what are we doing about drink

Now my mind is blank what else do we need

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:10 pm

we also need to think about quantities of veg too to make sure we have enough

i'm not fond of christmas pud but i'll happily bring a selection of cheese and crackers for those who like to eat something different Smile

i'll bring along some veg too, we know we are having mash (presumably helen will sort that out as she's good at it)

what other veg do people want and also stuffing? i'm not a fan of cranberry sauce either but i know others like it oh and of course gravy lol!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:18 pm

Eilis wrote:we also need to think about quantities of veg too to make sure we have enough

i'm not fond of christmas pud but i'll happily bring a selection of cheese and crackers for those who like to eat something different Smile

i'll bring along some veg too, we know we are having mash (presumably helen will sort that out as she's good at it)

what other veg do people want and also stuffing? i'm not a fan of cranberry sauce either but i know others like it oh and of course gravy lol!

We dont like stuffing Very Happy often have apple sauce loads of gravy Brussel sprouts carrots peas and any thing else,i think it will end up cooking in different campers and bringing it together,we need every one to bring an extension lead if they can as if its cold we will need loads of heaters in the awning.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:23 pm

Couldn't you just run everyones EHU cables into the awning for a couple of hours ?
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:28 pm

i have a long extention lead we can use to put some heaters in one place so that should be ok

also have a veg steamer i can bring so i can do 2 lots of veg at the same time (3 if i add pots to the bottom pan)

i like apple or mint sauce too
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

helen wrote:Couldn't you just run everyones EHU cables into the awning for a couple of hours ?

Wouldn't be able to plug into them
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:33 pm

Our EHU has 3 sockets on it and the other has one and we just plug a short extension into that so I assumed everyone had one similar Question
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

helen wrote:Our EHU has 3 sockets on it and the other has one and we just plug a short extension into that so I assumed everyone had one similar Question

only if like us you have a tent hu others normally plug into the dandy
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

We now have both types. lol! But we have never used the one built into the Dandy, I would need to get it checked first and fit a breaker.

We like apple sauce, cranberry sauce, gravy, Christmas pudding, custard, but we won't and will not eat sprouts, even if the rule is one sprout per roast spud, I didn't have any roast spuds that year. lol!

We've been given a combination microwave oven grill thing, but have yet to use it, we can also borrow and electric oven with 2 hobs, it has been used for Fimo though, so food will need to be covered.

And finally as we are bringing Molly and the Dandy, Milo, we will have two sets of everything including pans and plastic plates. santa
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:45 pm

We won't be joining you for Christmas dinner so you need another Mash volunteer sounds like Cazz has more than enough equiptment for the whole site though. rendeer
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:02 pm

im sorry Helen, I forgot Christmas break Chat - Page 10 2024858757

I'll be thinking of you both as I raise a glass or 3 for christmas Very Happy
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:45 pm

like your avatar cazz
now that i have realised i didnt have some rouge pop up trying to install itself on my laptop
lol! Christmas break Chat - Page 10 1710857839
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:57 pm

vickoir wrote:like your avatar cazz
now that i have realised i didnt have some rouge pop up trying to install itself on my laptop
lol! Christmas break Chat - Page 10 1710857839

It does took like that, lol!

I guess I should find something Christmasy soon. santa
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:01 pm

mike wrote:
Eilis wrote:we also need to think about quantities of veg too to make sure we have enough

We dont like stuffing Very Happy often have apple sauce loads of gravy Brussel sprouts carrots peas and any thing else,i think it will end up cooking in different campers and bringing it together,we need every one to bring an extension lead if they can as if its cold we will need loads of heaters in the awning.

Will try to remember an extension, but I also have a 4Kw gas heater if you all can get over your paranoia about CO poisoning. Oh and a CO alarm as well.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 5:59 am

Will try to remember an extension, but I also have a 4Kw gas heater if you all can get over your paranoia about CO poisoning. Oh and a CO alarm as well.

That would be great,cant see co being a problem in a dandy awning lol!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:09 am

We like apple sauce, cranberry sauce, gravy, Christmas pudding, custard, but we won't and will not eat sprouts, even if the rule is one sprout per roast spud, I didn't have any roast spuds that year. lol!

No rules cheers cheers cheers
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:04 pm

mike wrote:We like apple sauce, cranberry sauce, gravy, Christmas pudding, custard, but we won't and will not eat sprouts, even if the rule is one sprout per roast spud, I didn't have any roast spuds that year. lol!

No rules cheers cheers cheers

Christmas break Chat - Page 10 115684958

We have decided not to bring my mums Fimo oven due to the fact it's been used for Fimo and now not recommended for food use and the fact it weights a ton, the camper goes slow enough without that extra weight in it, lol.

But we now do have a single hot plate from b&m, Very Happy

Who's bringing the dining table and chairs, or have I missed that bit?
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:17 pm

So was it only me who had to look up what Fimo is?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 08 Aug 2020, 2:07 am