Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Christmas break Chat

vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Christmas break Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Christmas break Chat

Post by vickoir on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
Where we camp?
Before the Free Forum or Dandycampers was formed there seemed to be a definite North West, North Wales bias in camping activities. Since the Free Forum formation or AFF (After Free Forum) you (we) have had one meet in Linconshire and there is an imminent meet in Notinghamshire. The regional bias if it ever existed for this group.

Dear All

Sorry must have fell asleep reading my own drivel.
The last sentence should have been more like.
The regional bias (If it ever existed) ceased when this group was formed.
Or something like that. Too much gin too early in the day.
Mike you've not been re-writing my posts again!
Thats my answer it's Mike again.
I don't want my first camp with you to be my idea I want somewhere new.
Besides all my best campsites bar 2 or 3 are ripped off from the MZ Riders Club.
Normally great sites and cheap. Just people on M/Cs normally aren't too fussy about electrical hook ups.

Kevin.

haha kevin,
i believe you its that mike again Christmas break Chat - Page 2 3462454224
or like you say could be the gin x

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:58 pm

We would be interested in a Christmas meet, but in our winter ready campervan, fancy buying a non winterised Dandy. Laughing Besides he said hes old and feels the cold now, Christmas break Chat - Page 2 3462454224

I doubt we will have him insluated this year, too many other commitments. Christmas break Chat - Page 2 2024858757

Also the meet comes down to whether our bank account says yes or no. Christmas break Chat - Page 2 9639063
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm

cazz wrote:We would be interested in a Christmas meet, but in our winter ready campervan, fancy buying a non winterised Dandy. Laughing Besides he said hes old and feels the cold now, Christmas break Chat - Page 2 3462454224

I doubt we will have him insluated this year, too many other commitments. Christmas break Chat - Page 2 2024858757

Also the meet comes down to whether our bank account says yes or no. Christmas break Chat - Page 2 9639063

well cazz once we have found a suitable location hopefully you will be able to join us, all suggested locations welcome and as much as i want to see the 60's marvel your campervan will have to impress me instead, if i can get close enough to see it as mike will no doubt be suffering from VW envy lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:52 pm

vickoir wrote: well cazz once we have found a suitable location hopefully you will be able to join us, all suggested locations welcome and as much as i want to see the 60's marvel your campervan will have to impress me instead, if i can get close enough to see it as mike will no doubt be suffering from VW envy lol!

We could bring the Dandy for viewing, even use it instead of our utility tent. Shocked I promised Mike a sit in with a cuppa, but he will have to bring his own cup, lol!

If the meet isn't cold enough for people, you can always gather round Kevins freezer. Very Happy
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

cazz wrote:

If the meet isn't cold enough for people, you can always gather round Kevins freezer. Very Happy

Christmas break Chat - Page 2 3462454224 excellent idea
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 6:38 am

Kevin some very valid points which i will re read and digest Very Happy i had been looking in the York area as it looked to be fairly central for members and ime with you for wanting a proper winter atmosphere,i also was hoping to find somewhere not too far from the main motorway network although i hate motorways they can be the best option in winter.My limitations are a 1.2 engined front wheel drive car with the weight at the back,we where away two years ago in snow and ice and could get no grip with the front wheels,had to let the site owner tow the dandy up a ice covered sloping entrance.
Another caution when looking for sites is a lot state open all year but are actually closed over the Christmas break.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 6:56 am

i also have a front wheel drive and despite being a big car it has rubbish grip in snow so i'd also prefer something not too far off the beaten track and not too many steep hills either thanks
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:25 am

I find this more and more worrying all the time, me agreeing with Kevin Very Happy his point about the site being commercial or a cl/cs type is valid.I was looking at the commercial sites so if we where not members of the right club it would be no problem but if enough could be saved on the pitch fees we could join that club.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:07 am

We have to consider the weather and road condition's due to the time of year, but rest assured that if anyone has problems leaving the site or on arrival John will tow your Dandy's on or off the site if necessary.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:09 am

thanks Helen

just to say as far as decorations go, I want an inflatable snowman that lights up so it can be seen from the whole site, can you rustle one up for me Helen or Vicki lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:42 am

My camper being rear engine and rear wheel drive has always been alright on snow and ice, but it's rubbish on mud, i've been stuck several times up to my hub caps in the stuff. Evil or Very Mad

Our type 3 however is fantastic in both, Shocked

I've not yet towed in the icey conditions. rendeer
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Eilis wrote:thanks Helen

just to say as far as decorations go, I want an inflatable snowman that lights up so it can be seen from the whole site, can you rustle one up for me Helen or Vicki lol!

Boxing day sales they will be half price
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:05 am

Cant check for Kevin as i dont know his location but the distance factor for York is below.
Eilis 150 miles
Helen 60 miles
Vickoir 80 miles
Mike 60 miles

Now i understand Eilis is a good sport but this is taking the p*** so going to look elsewhere.

mike
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:47 pm

Just spent the last couple of hours finding sites and checking distance,cant find a better place at the moment,so leaving it for now.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:57 pm

mike you are such a lovely man Smile thanks for being so thoughtful

fingers crossed i won't actually be that far away at the time we camp but i must admit that my car is so bad in the snow and ice i won't go that distance if it's icy

lets think positively and assume i'll be closer Wink

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

Eilis wrote:mike you are such a lovely man Smile thanks for being so thoughtful

fingers crossed i won't actually be that far away at the time we camp but i must admit that my car is so bad in the snow and ice i won't go that distance if it's icy

lets think positively and assume i'll be closer Wink

Thanks Eilis i did think you may be closer,the only other positive i could come up with for you and York is you have relatives in hull dont you.

mike
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

From Kevin

What awning costs? It's a trailer tent!

Dont bet on it on all sites,as for the quotes question sometimes the end quote bracket goes to the bottom of the box you have to start your post under it,that's the price we pay for a free forum host maybe,not that it is free just cheap Very Happy
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

Mike

Wasn't slagging the position it appeared in. I'd only recently started to use the quote option I was uncertain as to where the "unquote" had been placed and wondered if it had something to do with the ability of some of you to layer quotes.
You don't know where I am to factor in millage.
Strangely enough I often don't either, but for the purposes of this forum it's the North West or more specifically Leigh.
I wasn't bothered how far we went but figured I'd have a hard time dragging you all up to Scotland.
I'm appreciating we probably have a limited search area. As you were looking Mike where were you considering: East Riding.Peak District. Linconshire (Ahem)???
When you started looking do you have vast journals and diaries or was it a trawl through the CACC list and UK Campsites?
Does anyone have a beloved campsite in the areas that would be suitable for a winter camp?
I'm conscious that for every mile we march towards Eilis we march from Vicky & Nick, I take it there has been no sign of interest from Steve. (Owd Lad)

Kevin.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Kevin

only used ukcampsite search up to now,may give it a rest for a while and see if Eilis moves before then because that would open up a new search criteria,i mention the quote bracket because i have missed it on occasion and ended up with my post in the quote,i do believe there are odd hiccups with the hosting but its serving its purpose,the one problem as you point out is the more i balance the distance the closer it gets to me and i dont have dandy access to my back garden Very Happy have you used the ukcampsite map search you just double click the place you want central and it gives sites in a 20mle radius,you just need to set your requirements down the left side so it filters the sites.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

mike wrote:

you know when i said that i was tongue in cheek but having looked at them i'm beginning to wonder lol having said that i know they'd end up flying away in a strong wind so maybe not xx
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

Eilis wrote:
mike wrote:

you know when i said that i was tongue in cheek but having looked at them i'm beginning to wonder lol having said that i know they'd end up flying away in a strong wind so maybe not xx

now all i would like to point out before this gets out of hand is that there is a very fine line between lovely sparkly christmas and TAT lol!
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:32 am

what? you mean we can't have a glowing snowman and santa in his sleigh lit up so everyone can see?

Christmas break Chat - Page 2 3462454224 Christmas break Chat - Page 2 3462454224

oh okay, lets stick to fairy lights sunny
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:48 am

Before we start talking decorations maybe we should find a suitable location lol!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:59 am

helen wrote:Before we start talking decorations maybe we should find a suitable location lol!

Its just nice to have the freedom to talk about Christmas in august,dandy meets,or anything we like,its what you get with a good forum lol!

Did i just put that in print Very Happy

Last edited by mike on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Sep 2019, 10:19 am