Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

3 Way fridge

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

3 Way fridge Empty 3 Way fridge

Post by mike Sun 12 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

Dometic rc 1700 egp

We bought one of these last year while on holiday,our cool box appeared to have failed during the night and as we where enjoying temperatures of 29c outside (which later in the week rose to 32c), 35c in the utility tent where the cool box is kept some thing had to be done.
    The model we bought goes down to 30 degrees below ambient which we needed on this occasion and as you hopefully only buy one it may as well cover all eventuality's.The chiller looks to be well made controls are under a flap away from small fingers and it comes with a ice cube tray.On mains it has 7 settings (gas 3 settings),in the temperatures we had we ran it on 7 during the day and 4 at night which proved to be a bit high, at the top inside is a place for the ice cube tray placing food next to this can lead to freezing, we froze the cucumber but on the plus side it also froze water bottles for us to take out the next day, thus keeping the sandwiches cool and fresh in the cool bag.Its capacity is 40lit which to be honest two people could manage with smaller, we couldn't find a smaller one in a hurry which went as low,have only used it on mains but see no reason for it not to work as well on gas,12 volt is only really for when in transit and as our car is always tightly packed with gear i wouldn't use it,preferring to place a 2lit bottle of frozen water inside until i arrive on site and can plug it in.

For it
    well made
    looks good
    works well
    large interior space
    makes ice cubes
    works on gas if no hook up

against
    bit bulky
    seemed expensive at the time but have got over that now (check around we paid over the top because we needed it in a hurry)
    weight 16kg
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

3 Way fridge Empty Re: 3 Way fridge

Post by mike Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:24 am

Just a bit more about my three way as i said we dont plug it in when travelling,we arrived on site plugged it in set it on 7 in 90min it was at zero,its been run on number 3 and with awning temperature at 28c its still maintained zero.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:05 pm

they are great fridges ours is the older RC1600 its smaller version at 33ltr,i think the difference is the depth of the fridge,this is our one or be it now superceded by RC1700,the build quality is fantastic no wonder the basic design has remained the same for over 15years [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:36 pm

I discovered at the recent meet that my fridge is bigger than some and although it may sound great to have all that space in a fridge it isn't necessary for just two people and takes up half of the boot space. It is great and I would recommend one but perhaps not the 40 ltr for just two people Shocked
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

helen wrote:I discovered at the recent meet that my fridge is bigger than some and although it may sound great to have all that space in a fridge it isn't necessary for just two people and takes up half of the boot space. It is great and I would recommend one but perhaps not the 40 ltr for just two people Shocked

We seem to fill ours most of the time and that's with no booze Laughing
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

Ours only contains booze Mike 3 Way fridge 1912976309 Oh and butter, bacon and sausages, the rest we sort out after breakfast around noon. 3 Way fridge 3498837457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:02 am