Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

A simple mistake!

Owd Lad
Owd Lad

A simple mistake! Empty A simple mistake!

Post by Owd Lad on Fri 15 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

For many years Doreen & I owned standard poodles (2 at a time). On losing our last dog, 7 yrs ago we decided not to buy a new dog but instead rehomed a German Shepherd, Max, to keep our old bitch, Lizzie, company. Time took its toll and eventually the old girl passed on leaving a very dejected GS behind. There were stated intentions of not having any more dogs after this last one but Doreen started to weaken and stated that another small dog would be company for Max in his dotage. What kind of small dog? "I don't know", was the reply, "but I'm not buying one. It will have to be a rescue. I'm not even looking. One will turn up in due course."
Six weeks later we move to last week, when we received a phone call from a local friend asking if, by any chance, we were looking for a replacement for Lizzie. A relative had turned up at their house for a few days visit and were fostering a dog which the owners could no longer give the attention to that they wanted. As their home was full of Newfoundland dog they really did want to find a permanent home for their ward.
One evening visit later, having made due introductions, Max was running round the beach with his new 'bezzy mate', Maisie. A 2yr old Old English Sheepdog. What happened to small? I hear you ask. The answer is we don't know. 31kgs is far removed from what was planned but as there's 31kgs of fun & happiness we don't really care.
The family was informed of our new addition and our son related the facts to our 12yr old grandson. "Oh!" he said, "One of those Durex dogs!"
Ah well! Anyone can make a simple mistake!
Steve

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

A simple mistake! Empty Re: A simple mistake!

Post by Eilis on Fri 15 Jul 2011, 7:36 pm

aw, even cuter when they are clipped Very Happy

my mum, god love her was always making slips of the tongue, when the phil collins hit 'i missed again' was in the charts i heard her singing at the top of her voice while doing the housework 'ooh, ooh, i'm pissed again' lol (she wasn't btw)

another time she was cross that me and my sister were taking the mickey so decided to 'flip us the bird' but used her index finger instead lol
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Fri 15 Jul 2011, 7:57 pm

aw how cute i'm in A simple mistake! 1468157981
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

Who cares about size when she looks like that.........she is beautiful and I am pleased for Max too A simple mistake! 1710857839

A simple mistake! 1428739134

On your new addition to the family.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 4:26 am

Lovely,my first wife and i had dogs for over thirty years,three great danes an a couple of mongerals to keep them company,when the last one died it was difficult not to replace him but am pleased now after eight years we didn't but i know where your coming from.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

We started off with one Sheltie and then someone came to us with a sad story of another that needed re-homing, we then had two Shetland sheepdogs, Beaux (Sable and white) and Cindy (tri-colour) - rescued dog.Cindy was with us for over 10 years and when she passed Beaux pined so much that although we said we wouldn't get another we did end up searching all over for one. I didn't want one that looked like Cindy as I was still so upset (only six weeks on) so we looked for a sable Sheltie like Beaux. We trawled the internet and most were in America but we did find one within a reasonable distance and when we turned up he was the only one left and you couldn't have found a dog more like Cindy if we had tried. I would have walked away but my daughter was with us and she was 13 at the time and begged me to take him. He was so much like the one that had died in looks and in character and a bit of a handful. Beaux started eating again but didn't like him at first but eventually they were inseperable. Beaux was still camping September 2009 and died in October 2009 at the grand old age of 17. Bailey did pine for him but we did resist the urge to get another one and he has the company of my children's dogs when we go camping. He is now John's best buddy and sticks to him like Glue Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 30 Mar 2020, 5:33 am