Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Do you remember ..............

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Do you remember .............. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you remember ..............

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:45 am

vickoir wrote:
    Eilis wrote:I've had caramac bars since i was a kid but they aren't as amazing as they used to be Sad haven't seen highland toffee for years but remember it taking forever to eat it lol

pink shrimps aren't the same either although they are still nice ...

they sold highland toffee at the shop on site in woodhall spa i bought nick a few bars

omg now you tell me lol also, why are curly wurlys so much smaller than they used to be?? such a swizz
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Do you remember .............. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you remember ..............

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:45 am

Pink shrimps were lovely, I liked the pink american cream soda (like powder) and you stuck your liqourice stick into it and sucked the pink powder off. cheers I still have caramac bars too.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:49 am

our corner shop still sells mix ups and loose sweets and when ever i go nick always asks for a £2 mix up they sell pink shrimps white and pink chocolate mice cola bottles swizzle lollies red laces flying saucers chocolate footballs soft rock bubble gum swizzles parma voilets love hearts penny chews jelly rings and bears and he sits and scoffs the lot pig pig
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

Gob Stoppers, used to fill your whole mouth so you slavered all over and then took at least a week to eat lol!

And space dust, used to pop and crackle on your tongue but was a bugger if you put it up your nose Do you remember .............. - Page 2 3462454224
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:57 am

helen wrote:Gob Stoppers, used to fill your whole mouth so you slavered all over and then took at least a week to eat lol!

And space dust, used to pop and crackle on your tongue but was a bugger if you put it up your nose Do you remember .............. - Page 2 3462454224

now why am i not surprised you put space dust up your nose??? Do you remember .............. - Page 2 3462454224 Do you remember .............. - Page 2 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

I thought everyone tried that at least once Shocked

I did that in my maths class though with the worst teacher and he wasn't impressed at all, got the blackboard duster thrown at me for giggling Embarassed Still remember him Mr Ryder oh and Mr Warbuton (not the bread man) he was just as bad. Crying or Very sad
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm

I loved the Smash advert, with the metal type aliens wonder why they stopped using that one it was classic. Sad
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:37 pm

Found it Do you remember .............. - Page 2 1710857839

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:40 pm

i used to have the little rubberised figures that came with the tokens of the packets cheers
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:46 pm

My daughter had loads of those ugly looking Troll things.........plastic with a fluff of bright hair, there must have been hundreds of the little buggers. They are now worth a lot of money and I just binned the lot No
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

when i joined the navy i got loads as leaving present i think i had every single connotation of military attire and the quilt cover, defending the realm eh Do you remember .............. - Page 2 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:19 pm

But did you keep them Vicki because if so then you could sell them now Very Happy
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:29 pm

helen wrote:But did you keep them Vicki because if so then you could sell them now Very Happy

they are probably in the crusties (my parents) loft i know my star wars figures and subbutteo still are pirat
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:28 am

we used to have the metal mechano which is now worth a fortune as they only make the plastic rubbish lol

wish i was a hoarder cos i have a strong tendency to throw things out and then find they were worth something :-/

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:39 am

I have a hoard of old singles, found them in my grandads from when my dad and uncle were kids, they start from the 50's onward and all still play, from bobby vee to the beatles( The wallrus) and names like Trini Lopez (if I had a hammer) Helen Shapiro (little miss lonely) and the berkerly kites oh and an old football team single too. Laughing There must be 60 of them and all play, this is my Bobby Vee single

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:41 am

I also have this Pat Boone one

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:46 am

my mum used to listen to Jim Reeves all the time and had lots of his records, sadly gone now but whenever i hear jim reeves i am instantly transported back to my childhood Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:57 am

All through my childhood I listened to Billy fury, the Everly brothers and Neil diamond, I always remember when in the car towing the caravan my pop would sing along to jealousy at the top of his voice, still doe's Laughing

Can't remember the make of the car but it had one long front seat in red vynil.

Last edited by helen on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:06 am

Another single that I have and absolutely love

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:17 am

Do you remember blotchy bleach jeans and sitting in the bath with them on to make them shrink a bit tighter Do you remember .............. - Page 2 3462454224
    and when the film 10 came out we all had our hair braided like Bo Derek or spiral perms and ra-ra skirts with fingerless lace gloves. lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

Top gear has just mentioned something i had forgotten all about.your headlight dip switch on the floor,wonder why they moved it,after all your left foot is doing nothing most of the time on a run.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

I remember we used to sit for ages playing Alley's at the top of our close the potholes are still around but are the Alleys we used to buy Question I know I had some really special ones with great twists of colour in the middle and when my dad got paid on a Thursday (if we had behaved) we used to get spends and went to our local shop to add to our collections.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:19 pm