Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

cleaning your pvc dandy and dandy awning

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

cleaning your pvc dandy and dandy awning  Empty cleaning your pvc dandy and dandy awning

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

Hi all, I know that Mike put some info in another thread about cleaning the pvc using cif cream which i might add is fab and does a brilliant job with very little effort but i'm finding that i still have very small, rust-coloured spots left that the cif won't shift.

Any suggestions on how to remove them warmly welcome

thanks xx
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

cleaning your pvc dandy and dandy awning  Empty Re: cleaning your pvc dandy and dandy awning

Post by mike Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

There are sometimes Staines and marks that wont come out,tooth paste was one solution but i have never tried it,if you move onto the stronger solvent cleaners like upvc cleaner try it on the mud flap first affraid
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

cleaning your pvc dandy and dandy awning  Empty Re: cleaning your pvc dandy and dandy awning

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

yeah not trying anything stronger just yet, i'll wait til i see it up again and see how bad it is, whether i can live with it or not.

I have to remember my dandy was made in the 80s so it's bound to have acquired some stains that won't shift Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:43 pm

Eilis wrote:yeah not trying anything stronger just yet, i'll wait til i see it up again and see how bad it is, whether i can live with it or not.

Have to remember my dandy was made in the 80s so it's bound to have acquired some stains that won't shift Smile

Character Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

it does look very good for it's age tho generally and i'm really chuffed with how well it's cleaning up Very Happy

roll on september when i can put the awning up again and admire my handy work Very Happy
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:48 pm

Eilis wrote:it does look very good for it's age tho generally and i'm really chuffed with how well it's cleaning up Very Happy

roll on september when i can put the awning up again and admire my handy work Very Happy

neat flash liquid
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm

thanks vicki, that's good to know, the bit i'm doing at the moment isn't too bad but there are some worse stains on other bits and i'll probably have to use the flash then xx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm

There are solvent based cleaners, an old friend gave me some and it is great on sticky stuff and the black marks but didn't do too well on the rust marks, it is highly flammable and strong and I would advise that you use something not quite so strong too often as some of the stronger pvc cleaners work by taking off a very thin layer, I found that no matter how hard I cleaned or what type of cleaner I used some of the tiny rust type spots will not come off. I think I wanted perfection from something over 20 years old and I got as close as I could but to me if its clean what doe's the odd tiny mark matter.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 17 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

that's the conclusion i'm coming to Helen and i'm pretty sure that you would have to go round the awning with a magnifying glass to see them it's just that i'm focused on it as i'm cleaning it today lol

hard to remember my dandy is 25 years old and is bound to have acquired the odd mark here and there Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 4:52 pm

We did use Silky caravan cleaner on our old trailer cover and that worked really well, also used it on the Dandy pvc and same result and it polished up a treat but Cif is cheaper, I have heard that astonish works well too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:55 am