Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy trailer Water works

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer Water works Empty Dandy trailer Water works

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:23 pm

Some Dandys have the waste going through the floor and some through the side, the advantage of the one on the side is that you dont have to try to get a water container underneath on uneven ground. Mine goes through a hole in the floor.

Some Dandy's have a fresh water inlet with a little cover over that you lift and pop your pump pipe onto, mine doesn't and we have to push the water pipe up through the velcro on the batwing but I think we may look into fitting one of the little boxes that some other Dandy's have.

Last edited by helen on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer Water works Empty Re: Dandy trailer Water works

Post by mike on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:25 pm

helen wrote:Some Dandys have the waste going through the floor and some through the side, the advantage of the one on the side is that you dont have to try to get a water container underneath on uneven ground. Mine goes through a hole in the floor.

Some Dandy's have a fresh water inlet with a little cover over that you lift and pop your pump pipe onto, mine doesn't and we have to push the water pipe up through the velcro on the batwing but I think we may look into fitting one of the little boxes that some other Dandy's have.

Just changed mine so nothing comes in through the velcro ready for winter.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

Where did you get the bits to do it from Mike, I know you did the EHU and we are considering something similar.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

helen wrote:Where did you get the bits to do it from Mike, I know you did the EHU and we are considering something similar.

Mine was gas and electric,ime happy with the waste container under the floor,we dont bother with the water system it saves messing with a battery.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:33 pm

Okey dokey, if all else fails my cushions do come in handy for around the edges and stop any draughts. lol!
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:31 pm

It would be easy to cut a 50mm Dia hole through the kitchen cupboard bases and through the floor to drop the water pump out of Smile
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:05 am

I must admit i'm considering moving my waste water so it comes out the side as the black waste water carriers don't fit under my dandy. I am also thinking about adding a side inlet for the electric so that nothing has to come through the pvc at the sides, i want to do some winter camping and this will help keep it warmer Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:52 am

NickB wrote:It would be easy to cut a 50mm Dia hole through the kitchen cupboard bases and through the floor to drop the water pump out of Smile
It would be easy enough to do that but my daughters Dandy has a small white plastic box with cover on the front of her Dandy, it has a plastic flap and a small nipple with filter that she pushes the water pipe with pump attached onto. Inside there is a water pipe that connects the tap to the other side of the box so no messing, you just arrive push your water pipe on and hey presto, it looks really neat and I don't know why mine hasn't got one as her dandy is the same size but hers is 4 years older. It looks a fairly simple job and as soon as we get time we will see if we can find something similar in our camp shops and if we do then this is the way we would like to go. Very Happy
carl
carl

Post by carl on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

these are what you would need to make the unit have side entry and side exit
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

I can live with the water outlet as we have extended the waste pipe but the inlet is the one I would like to sort out and the second link is exactly what I wanted Thanks once again Carl Dandy trailer Water works 1978086825
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

Looking at how cheap it is to do the outlet for waste, I cant understand why all Dandy's were not fitted with these confused
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:31 pm

me either, and for any like me who don't have this piece of kit already, aldi have an offer on a hole saw set

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

helen wrote:Looking at how cheap it is to do the outlet for waste, I cant understand why all Dandy's were not fitted with these confused

our one has a waste outlet and our previous 94 delta also had a side outlet.Your Dandy must have been just that little bit too early maybe?
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

I think it is Nick, as you know it's 20 years old now and the water outlet is straight down through the floor. The one I am interested in changing the most is the water inlet as we do get a cold spot by sticking the pipework up through the velcro of of batwing.

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:46 pm

helen wrote:I think it is Nick, as you know it's 20 years old now and the water outlet is straight down through the floor. The one I am interested in changing the most is the water inlet as we do get a cold spot by sticking the pipework up through the velcro of of batwing.

i would be interested to know how you get on with that if you go down that route,as its a lot neater than pushing a pump down through hole in floor or as in your case out the side of the wing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 30 Mar 2020, 2:49 am