Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

the most interesting place you have ever been or lived

vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

the most interesting place you have ever been or lived Empty the most interesting place you have ever been or lived

Post by vickoir on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

i have been very lucky in my life to have travelled almost every where in the world
(13 yrs in the royal navy paid for it)
and visited some very beautiful interesting and extreme places

i loved dubai was there for the millenium and it was a very small place to what it is now but fascinating
barcelona is probably my favourite european city love all the gaudi and dali and picasso stuff there (lived in gibraltar for 2 1/2 year)
and dungeness in kent is one of my favourite places in uk so desolate but stunningly starkly beautiful
and lanzarote is one of my favourite islands
egypt i found very disappointing the pyramids stink and you can see a mcdonalds just up road and rubbish everywhere never see that view on national geographic
dead dogs floating up the river Neutral
where is the best place you have ever been and why
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

the most interesting place you have ever been or lived Empty Re: the most interesting place you have ever been or lived

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

Rhodes, I love a place called pefkos (greek pefki) my parents started going there when my kids were babies and it ended up that they became friends with a family who owned the hotel, over the past 20 years they have become part of our family. They visit us in England on a regular basis and my grandfathers Ashes are in the mountain village called Llarma with in a little churchyard overlooking the most stunning scenery, His ashes were put with Filimon's Dad and a little lady from the village goes and lights a candle for them both everyday. We have been welcomed with open arms in places that tourists don't visit and as children my kids could go anywhere in Pefkos and they would be given a drink and food at every hotel, it is a tight knit community. We have been to Christenings and Weddings at some of the most beautiful locations and churches I have ever seen and my Children have grown up with Anastasia, Katerina and Savvas.

This is Katerina with my grandaughter earlier on this year we took her to Wales

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

the most interesting place you have ever been or lived Empty Re: the most interesting place you have ever been or lived

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:58 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am famous for my fab singing in Pefkos too, must scan some pictures soon. lol!
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

helen wrote:Sorry I forgot to mention that I am famous for my fab singing in Pefkos too, must scan some pictures soon. lol!

oh yes cant wait for those lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 26 Sep 2020, 5:47 am