Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Have you washed your mobile phone yet

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Have you washed your mobile phone yet Empty Have you washed your mobile phone yet

Post by Helen Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:53 am

I do have a mobile phone but have never really used it, we just don't get on. It was bought as a gift for Christmas even though everyone know's I don't like them but I think they were trying to drag me into the 20th Century and I do like to camp alone in my Dandy so it really was a good idea. I got this Samsung touch phone for Christmas 2010 and on Boxing day it ended up in the washing machine as it was in my housecoat pocket. We did try to dry it out but it wasn't having any of it so we had to take it in for repair and it actually came back working in a fashion. It then lived in the drawer for a while but eventually got to see the light of day but alas it got washed again so I gave up on it. After a very long time of sitting in a drawer it came back to life again and is as good as new, It still has some the original £10 credit that it had on when I was given it.

Now I have a mobile again but that was pure luck that it dried out enough and it works again but Vicki gave me a good tip for next time it inevitably ends up in the washing machine and that is to take the back off and the battery and sim out and put it all in a bag of dry rice, so at least now I know what to do with it. affraid
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Have you washed your mobile phone yet Empty Re: Have you washed your mobile phone yet

Post by mike Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

Not yet and i hope never too,after retiring i gave up my mobile it was such a relief to not be at others beck and call,this lasted for about 8 years,Nancy had a PAYG with tesco which covered anything we may have needed,but then i got the dongle for my laptop because as many will know i was mod on another site and felt the need to keep on top of the job.
    There where a few sites with no coverage especially in Norfolk so i got the blackberry at Christmas then i didn't have to use the laptop in supermarket car parks,its not 3g but works ok i get 1gb internet 50min calls 250 texts and 3000 virgin to virgin mobile Laughing for £10.21 a month,when the right 3g one comes along i may let Nancy have this one and treat myself as hers is starting to play up,i dont think they are designed to last long now.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Have you washed your mobile phone yet Empty Re: Have you washed your mobile phone yet

Post by Helen Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

That's a pretty good deal Mike, I think I would find it all a bit too complicated though and have been looking at Dongles for a while now so may just get John a Blackberry and get myself a Dongle so that I can keep in touch whilst away from home. Now when John get's a new phone it can take a while to work it all out and a few choice words are used when tempers get frayed but I think he would be better having one than me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:35 pm