Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Coincidence

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Coincidence  Empty Coincidence

Post by Helen on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

I will tell you the story from the start, my Grandma Doris went into a home for 2 weeks whilst we went on holiday many years ago now and she loved it that much that she wouldn't come out and stayed until she passed 6 years later aged 91. My other Grandma became sick she had pancreatic cancer and when she needed 24 hour nursing care she asked could she go into the home that my other Gran had been in as she had visited many times and liked it. The home has 151 rooms and the only one available for my grandma Ivy was the one my other gran had been in, she passed away 5 months later in the same room as my Grandma Doris.

That was over 10 years ago.

Now my friend who has been sick for a while with a terminal illness is in hospital, we did try to care for her at home for the past 7 months but she has deteriorated and needs more equipment than her small rooms at home will fit and can no longer be moved from the bed, she asked me to go and look at the home to see if it was as good as it had been years ago. I have just returned from the nursing home both of my Grandma's passed away in and guess what............. the only room available is my Grandma's room.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Coincidence  Empty Re: Coincidence

Post by vickoir on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

helen wrote:I will tell you the story from the start, my Grandma Doris went into a home for 2 weeks whilst we went on holiday many years ago now and she loved it that much that she wouldn't come out and stayed until she passed 6 years later aged 91. My other Grandma became sick she had pancreatic cancer and when she needed 24 hour nursing care she asked could she go into the home that my other Gran had been in as she had visited many times and liked it. The home has 151 rooms and the only one available for my grandma Ivy was the one my other gran had been in, she passed away 5 months later in the same room as my Grandma Doris.

That was over 10 years ago.

Now my friend who has been sick for a while with a terminal illness is in hospital, we did try to care for her at home for the past 7 months but she has deteriorated and needs more equipment than her small rooms at home will fit and can no longer be moved from the bed, she asked me to go and look at the home to see if it was as good as it had been years ago. I have just returned from the nursing home both of my Grandma's passed away in and guess what............. the only room available is my Grandma's room.

that is so bizarre affraid
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:33 pm

I know, but my grandma's were both happy in that room so I am sure Doris will be too.......... just a bit creepy and it did feel like it was only yesterday that my gran was in there. It looks just the same inside and it brought back memories.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:36 pm

helen wrote:I know, but my grandma's were both happy in that room so I am sure Doris will be too.......... just a bit creepy and it did feel like it was only yesterday that my gran was in there. It looks just the same inside and it brought back memories.

its one of those weird twists of fate things and shes called doris too,
well hopefully it will be a good omen and make things easier for all x
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:48 pm

Could have named this thread fact or fiction and most would have thought it was made up Laughing It's just one of them odd coincidences affraid
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:21 am

Helen

Re your friend.
Did you ever say your piece with the "Ugly Sisters" or are you just waiting till it's all over before you go round with the peg mallet and your knuckle dusters?

Kevin.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:34 am

Tow Itch wrote: Helen

Re your friend.
Did you ever say your piece with the "Ugly Sisters" or are you just waiting till it's all over before you go round with the peg mallet and your knuckle dusters?

Kevin.

No Kevin I haven't yet, they showed their true colours and my friend managed to tell them herself, she made her own decision in the end and found some kind of inner peace by doing so.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:07 am

i'm pleased she managed to tell them herself.

wow how weird about the same room but hopefully Doris will feel as happy in that room as previous occupants. Kinda spooky tho

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 10 Aug 2020, 1:17 am