Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Schools out

sharon
sharon

Schools out Empty Schools out

Post by sharon on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:45 am

Well schools have broke up for the summer, so those of us that are lucky enough to work in the education sector or have children now have six weeks of either no work or entertaining the little people in our lifes.
Unfortuatly for me I have two jobs, with the other one not giving me such long holidays to enjoy lots of camping, only two weeks note to self: must plan better for next year!
We have a week booked in Croyde bay Devon, then the August bank holiday. I then hope to talk mark into dropping myself & the dandy off to a site not to far from home, then I can have a few more days in the dandy.
What's everyone else got planned?

Happy holidays   sunny
Sharon
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Schools out Empty Re: Schools out

Post by Helen on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:50 am

Well it's been a bit of an awkward year for us Sharon with one thing and another so not had time to do much camping this year, we have had Easter and tacked some time onto that one, then a few days away with family, we only managed two days out of the 5 booked at Woodhall Spa and will not be able to get away now until the Meet in September. Sad

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:55 am

although i work in mainstream schools, i don't work term time Sad

i have nothing planned now until the sept meet either. Glad you are managing to get away and it's great when you can use a nearby site as it still feels great even if it's a couple of miles from home sunny
sharon
sharon

Post by sharon on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:56 am

Sorry to hear that Helen, sometimes life throws things at us & then everything else comes to a standstill.
I hope things pick up for you soon.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:00 am

sharon wrote:Sorry to hear that Helen, sometimes life throws things at us & then everything else comes to a standstill.
I hope things pick up for you soon.

We will make up for it next year Sharon, have a great time in Devon and August bank holiday. As you know I have had John leave me on a campsite so I could stay longer and it's great, so peaceful and relaxing, even better if it''s not far from home too. Smile
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

nick and i are working as we dont have kids we tend to take our hols when the little darlings are at school so we had a week tagged on to woodhall spa weekend and we have the meet in sept at trentfield then a week at end of sept somewhere might get a weekend or 2 in inbetween now and then but will have to see as nick usually has to work every saturday and its a 10 hr shift so normally he doesnt feel like going anywhere after that Wink
Keith
Keith

Post by Keith on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:30 am

As there are just the 2 of us we do similar, that is take our breaks when the kids are at school, we tend to have the grandkids for a few weeks during the summer. so we have plenty of days out with them and back off camping again in September to Skegness and October to Norfolk.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

Pleased its not just us then,its so much nicer when the little angels are at school, i had wondered if it was just the Victor Meldrew in me Very Happy
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

It is also cheaper at a lot of sites outside school holiday times Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 11 Aug 2020, 3:06 pm