Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Tent fabric.

Billy
Billy

Tent fabric. Empty Tent fabric.

Post by Billy on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:33 pm

Is the PVC fabric that makes up the walls and roof solidly fixed or can it be taken off for cleaning and other maintenance work?

Billy..
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Tent fabric. Empty Re: Tent fabric.

Post by Nick on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

not really with ease,there is a timber strip that holds wing to wall section this is just screws,but then to slide pvc off the metal wing bar,you would need to drill out the rivets that hold the roof bar brackets on.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:44 pm

Only one end of the roof is fixed so we clean the roof whilst the Dandy is not erected by unfolding it (the roof) and cleaning in sections then folding each cleaned section back onto the trailer. The walls are easy enough to reach and clean when the Dandy is set up. sunny I suppose any repairs could be done in the same way.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:37 am

NickB wrote:not really with ease,there is a timber strip that holds wing to wall section this is just screws,but then to slide pvc off the metal wing bar,you would need to drill out the rivets that hold the roof bar brackets on.

Have been intending to look but never got round to it,if the metal bar that forms the top of the batwing is bolted on it may be possible to un bolt this leaving the bar inside the pvc,then its just the screws on the solid walls that hold the wooden strip in place,the roof is only fixed at one end so could be removed although you would probably end up laying it on top of the dandy for a good working height any way,so unless you have a specific reason to remove any pvc you should find you dont need to.
If its realy dirty have a look at Sharon's pictures its about the dirtiest dandy i have ever seen,i think she was brave to buy it, but mark has worked wonders with it and they now have something to be proud off and as far as i know they didn't remove any pvc,well done Mark and Sharon for the supervising lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 05 Aug 2020, 12:32 pm