Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

not a nice day out

carl
carl

not a nice day out  Empty not a nice day out

Post by carl on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:14 am

thanks to you all for your kind words after our recent car accident
only suffering soreness and bruises but know it could have been a lot worse
As a few will know we had a range rover but decided that now we only pull a dandy we should sell the range rover and go back to a car .
we ended up buying a Citroen C5 not my first choice of car i must admit but i did soon fall in love with it very nice to drive .
Me and the wife thought we would go out for a nice little drive and also call in at the camping site in Dent as it is only a stone throw away (just going to have a look so we could arrange to take the dandy for a weekend get away)
we had only got about 3 mile away when a JOY BOY came round a slight bend out of control and almost head on into us

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

you can see in the 1st photo the car that hit us shattered on impact the engine and gearbox came to rest on the pavement and you can see his car on its side
one thing that make me think the Police said if we had been in the Range rover we would have ended up a lot worse off even though they are bigger cars they dont take the same impact as the Citroen can
now it will be a whole new story sorting the insurance out
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

not a nice day out  Empty Re: not a nice day out

Post by Helen on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

That is a horrific accident and must have been very traumatic for you both ............ As for sorting out the insurance and stuff it is a pain in the backside and you often come out - out of pocket but looking at the pictures you could both have been seriously injured. Thank god you are both safe and the car although nice is basically a lump of metal that can be replaced, you are not. Hope you get it all sorted out in the end and that you feel better soon.
Take it easy, rest and try not to get too stressed with it all I know it's easier said than done. Sad
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

That is awful for you both, I hope you feel better soon.

That police man is spot on, cars of today are built in such a way to absorb the force and keep the cabin area intact. Fifth gear did an experiment a few years ago between an old Volvo estate and a new Renault Clio, the results weren't what I was expecting, the Clio came out with the cabin intact, the Volvo however suffered far more.

Was the JOY BOY injured? I can imagine your thought there, sorry.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:18 am

Was the Joy Boy insured, one of my cars was written off by a similar numpty luckily it was parked up at the time but he wasn't insured making it a whole lot more annoying Mad I suppose with todays technology that the police have lack of insurance is not as prevelant as it was 20 odd years ago
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

Good question. I had a non fault accident with an uninsured, unfound driver, a complete nightmare.

My OH has had two non faults a few years apart, both drivers were insured, one was a pain to sort - it ended up in court 18 months later, thats another story, the other was all done and dusted in about 2 weeks, yes 2 weeks, it can happen.

Hopefully the police have checked whilst they were there. Good luck with getting it all sorted.
carl
carl

Post by carl on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:29 am

the Joy boy was air lifted but is ok
funny thing my wife's first words to the police were please tell me he is insured
so they got onto the radio and yes he had 3rd party only that cost him £3000 for 12 months (new driver)
the police have just contacted me saying they are looking into taking legal actions on the other driver
this can only help with my insurance
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:37 am

It sounds like it should be sorted quickly, fingers firmly crossed for you.

I dread to think what his insurance will be on renewal, but he had the choice to drive safely and not ruin his own car, will he learn from it?

The most unfair bit of it is, even a non fault accident will put up your insurance for 3 to 5 years, that stinks. Evil or Very Mad
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

We have our no claims protected so it won't go up (or shouldn't) even if we do have to make a claim. I know new drivers pay a lot of insurance these days but can see why. At least he is not too badly hurt and this will keep him off the road for quite a long time as his insurance will now be astronomical and that's if he manages to keep his license due to the new rulings on new drivers. I feel sorry for the victims who get caught up,injured and inconvenienced by bad drivers through no fault of their own:x
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:56 am

Just to clarify, my accident was in a hire car, my no claims wern't affected.

My OH's one was on a classic policy, where there weren't any NCD, some do, some don't. His other was on my policy, the NCD wasn't affected because it was non fault, but they still charged and extra £30 to £50 extra per year per policy he is on. Apprently you are seen as a higher risk, I really don't understand how, if it's not your fault. That is very unfair and daylight robbery!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for the rant. It will be interesting to see your experience.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

bloomin heck you both have been really lucky cant believe the damage,
good luc sorting it out and like i said earlier hope you both better soon cheers
Laura
Laura

Post by Laura on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:19 pm

Looks very bad but glad youre okay. pale you were lucky.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

The same as every one else carl so long as you and yours are ok that's all that realy matters in life,it can be an expensive mess to sort out but the alternative result doesn't bear thinking about.

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

God it looks awful and must have been terrifying, thank god you both walked away but i'm sure it will affect how you feel in cars for a long time Sad
carl
carl

Post by carl on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 9:19 pm

just been and picked my new car up today 55 plate Citroen C5
has a tow bar fitted so thats a bonus feel better now we are back in a car of our own
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 9:26 pm

carl wrote:just been and picked my new car up today 55 plate Citroen C5
has a tow bar fitted so thats a bonus feel better now we are back in a car of our own

glad you back on the road carl hope all your aches and pains gone too Smile
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

congratulations, always nice to get a new toy lol
carl
carl

Post by carl on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 9:35 pm

vickoir wrote:

the pain want go she said if she dose she wants 1/2 of everything not a nice day out  3462454224
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

carl wrote:
vickoir wrote:

the pain want go she said if she dose she wants 1/2 of everything not a nice day out  3462454224

not a nice day out  3462454224 not a nice day out  3462454224 i hope she doesn't read this or you may be in serious pain lol
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 6:03 am

It's good to hear your back on the road again, and that you are feeling better. not a nice day out  1710857839
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

carl wrote:
vickoir wrote:

Pleased your sorted Carl,i make comments like that and have not yet worked out if its brave or stupid lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

I would say both Brave and Stupid, but at least the new car has cheered you up and as it already has a towbar fitted you can get out and Dandy again now and may I suggest wine, chocolates, new shoe's and flowers for your Mrs and that's just for starters cheers
carl
carl

Post by carl on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

yep back to my forma self Evil or Very Mad
i just have to keep a eye over my shoulder she may be looking at what i am typing affraid
But the funniest part is the insurance offered me £750.00 less than what i paid for my car a week earlier
i wont tell you the the words i used in the reply but i told then NO
and that i will no longer need there service i can get a Accident Claims Recovery Firm in to work for me and put the phone down on them
He rang me back in 5mins stating that they can now pay me £600 more for the car than what i paid for it cheers got the cheque next day so just need to wait for it to clear now

Last edited by carl on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellllllinggg)
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm

I'm pleased you've got a car sorted, it does usually work out better to refuse their first offer, unless you have an 'agreed valuation' of course. For a classic car, that is a must.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 Apr 2020, 7:17 pm