Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
hakuna matata
vickoir
mike
Laura
Helen
carl
Cazz
11 posters

Wow, time warp!!!!

Cazz
    Cazz

Wow, time warp!!!! Empty Wow, time warp!!!!

Post by Cazz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

On Saturday we had a road trip to view Dandy's, and at 8pm ish an ebay auction item ended in our favour, it was a very long and nerve racking wait, especially as we have a tight budget, the item was the green 5. Wow, time warp!!!! 2792229418

The reason we didn't want to loose out on this one is because it's in fantastic original condition, there is no rips, tears or stains on the PVC or cushions, there is no extra holes made for things - except the electric hook up point. It has the original awning, the owners had owned it for 20 years and kept it garaged.

When we were viewing it, the couple went and got the cushions out of the attic along with an original table, which appears to be a window cut out. We thought it would suit the car perfectly.

The owners were very sad to sell it, but it hadn't been used for a couple of years except as a guest room in the garden. They were delighted when we said we would sent photos of it in use.

Pictures speak more than words, these were taken on Sunday, it is exactly as we collected it, it has now had the dust and cobwebs vaccuumed out, there was nothing nasty or smelley in there.

We love the sink and the dog is very pleased it has a little step just for him, lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by cazz on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had two rear pics, instead of one front and one rear.)
    carl
    carl

Wow, time warp!!!! Empty Re: Wow, time warp!!!!

Post by carl Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:31 pm

well done cazz i am really pleased you got what you want and you are happy with it
    it dose look nice
    just go to show there are bargains to be had
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:01 pm

Fantastic Cazz and it will go lovely with your campervan too. It looks to be in lovely condition considering it's age and you can play around with it should you choose to.

Wow, time warp!!!! 1428739134
    Laura
    Laura

Post by Laura Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

Its retro and cool well done Cazz enjoy your Dandy.

Wow, time warp!!!! 2792229418
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:55 pm

Bet your chuffed with that pleased for you,you now have the problem i have how to add things you may want without making holes in it ect,that's why i did the hook up the way i did,the only thing i have done to mine is fix an awning rail along the bottom to hold the draught skirt when ime using the awnin
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:59 pm

Modernisation??? Wayne is talking about using it as part of the car display, it's looking like we might need a tent to camp in, lol.

We don't want to trust the electric hookup, it has no RCD on it, and the wires behind the plug look at bit untidy. But where we camp doesn't have electric anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The wood is quite dry and a little cracked, but we are going to treat it with bees wax to bring back its lust. The good thing is it hasn't been painted with assorted
    colours and thicknesses of paint, or been bodged repaired. Very Happy
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

cazz,
    thats a fab dandy hope you'll love it as much we loved and love ours but by the sounds of it you already do cheers cheers cheers Very Happy
    and once you got your own bits and pieces in there and the bees wax on it, it really will feel like you have owned it forever Wow, time warp!!!! 1428739134
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 25 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

Guess you know about tent hook ups like i used,only have one small hole underneath where the cable comes in.

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 5:19 pm

Yes, we've got one of them for the camper so on the rare occassion we use electric, we can leave the fridge on in the awning. I think we've used it about 8 times in 6 years, it's still earning it's keep. Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

Must admit that until recently we always went without EHU but after a couple of trips with it I think we are getting soft and being spoilt. What a Face
    hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:56 pm

well done Cazz, i envy you guys cause ive still not got one as yet. still lookin.

neil. Cool
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm

hakuna matata wrote:well done Cazz, i envy you guys cause ive still not got one as yet. still lookin.

neil. Cool

like with cazz though the right one will come along for you too pirat
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:06 pm

vickoir wrote:
    hakuna matata wrote:well done Cazz, i envy you guys cause ive still not got one as yet. still lookin.

neil. Cool

like with cazz though the right one will come along for you too pirat

It will, just when you don't expect it too, we were prepared to wait for as long as it took. This one was handed on a plate really, very lucky. I'll keep looking for you as well, you never know one might turn up when your camper is back on the road. Very Happy

Today we've loaded it ready for Dubstock, cleaned the inside of the roof and sprayed it with silicon spray, the poles now slide like new, it's loads easier to put up. Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:10 pm

Keep your eyes on the Dandy's for sale thread as we do post any that we come across for sale, the right one for you is out there
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

wow that looks amazing!!!!

congratulations Cazz, i'm so pleased you got something you like - well to be honest I think we'd all be pleased with that one Wow, time warp!!!! 2792229418
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:46 pm

Don't forget to take pics and am happy that you found it easier to put up, bet it glides like a brand new one now cheers
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

helen wrote:Don't forget to take pics and am happy that you found it easier to put up, bet it glides like a brand new one now cheers

It certainly does, no swear words today. We put it up in about 15 to 20 mins, and down again in 15, but it took another 15 to put the travel cover on. Evil or Very Mad
    stephanie

Post by stephanie Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:34 am

It looks really cool. Just put ours up for a week away. I am sure you will enjoy it. (staying only a few miles up the road on a farm!) and all looks ok. (haven't braved my new awinging yet... will play with it today. But must admit not jealous of the others in normal tents at all. Invited my dad for a day out and hoping he will volunteer his services for some d.i.y. As as I said, I have now got the bug to do up the dandy whilst keeping all its retro features. Trying to persuade my girls they could camp in it at Chrsitmas when we will have a house full.
    Have fun

steph sunny
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

good luck with your awning stephanie,
    and look forward to seeing your refurb Very Happy
    bilbo

Wow, time warp!!!! Empty We may have our Dandy

Post by bilbo Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:51 pm

Wow, time warp!!!! 1049241286 Fingers crossed, we think we may have our Dandy, it's a designer,

winterised with awning,just what we wanted.Alan and brenda who've had a dandy for
    10 years have kindly offered to come along and give it the once-over with us.
    If its as good as he says it is we will take her home and christen her saturday.
    I feel like a kid coming up to christmas.
    Hugsaregood, Bilbo

Wow, time warp!!!! 1912976309

jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:32 pm

Wow, time warp!!!! 1428739134 It sounds good, we have a Designer 1993, just got it this week, hope its what you want so you have it in time for weekend. Glad someone that knows a bit about Dandys are going with you! Have fun!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

bilbo wrote: Wow, time warp!!!! 1049241286 Fingers crossed, we think we may have our Dandy, it's a designer,

winterised with awning,just what we wanted.Alan and brenda who've had a dandy for
    10 years have kindly offered to come along and give it the once-over with us.
    If its as good as he says it is we will take her home and christen her saturday.
    I feel like a kid coming up to christmas.
    Hugsaregood, Bilbo

Wow, time warp!!!! 1912976309

Good luck,its got every thing then by the sound of it.

mike
    bilbo

Wow, time warp!!!! Empty Wow ,time warp!!!

Post by bilbo Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

Well cazz, you certainly picked up a cracking Dandy there. I can't get over how
    well these Dandy's wear. You can tell its been really looked after.
    Wow, time warp!!!! 2702329197 Well, we,ve done it, had a look at this designer saturday and we
    ,fell in love with it, we got shown how to put it and the awning up and
    down, there must have been a glazed look in my eyes because I did't take half of
    it in, but its got instructions with it. there's no cuts or patches on it and
    Alan(a dandy owner)O.K'd it so we brought it home with us. We put it up at home
    and spent sunday cleaning and dusting it, bought and fitted a new number plate,
    hitchlock and will price around for a wheelclamp and fire extinguisher.
    I now have to adjust the brakes,they work O.K. forward but are binding when
    reversing, any info will be greatfully received. Am now going to price round for
    insurance. we've now got to get rid of these stupid grins before we go out tonight.
    Hugsaregood, Bilbo.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:05 pm

so pleased that you found a dandy you love and I too remember the big grin on my face when i bought mine so i know how you feel

Wow, time warp!!!! 1428739134
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

bilbo wrote: Well cazz, you certainly picked up a cracking Dandy there. I can't get over how
    well these Dandy's wear. You can tell its been really looked after.
    Wow, time warp!!!! 2702329197 Well, we,ve done it, had a look at this designer saturday and we
    ,fell in love with it, we got shown how to put it and the awning up and
    down, there must have been a glazed look in my eyes because I did't take half of
    it in, but its got instructions with it. there's no cuts or patches on it and
    Alan(a dandy owner)O.K'd it so we brought it home with us. We put it up at home
    and spent sunday cleaning and dusting it, bought and fitted a new number plate,
    hitchlock and will price around for a wheelclamp and fire extinguisher.
    I now have to adjust the brakes,they work O.K. forward but are binding when
    reversing, any info will be greatfully received. Am now going to price round for
    insurance. we've now got to get rid of these stupid grins before we go out tonight.
    Hugsaregood, Bilbo.

Well done,some of that stupid grin never goes lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 4:58 am