Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Feeling very pleased with myself....

stephanie

Feeling very pleased with myself.... Empty Feeling very pleased with myself....

Post by stephanie Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:38 pm

Having had the Dandy for 4 years, and always struggled to put put the thing up and always had to leave the roof till last and lug it over all the posts .. - yes i know - and i had written instructions . I finally worked it out from the utube demo, and put the dandy up for its first airing this year with the roof going over and up as it should. And I put it up all by myself... Feeling very pleased with myself.... 3517506835

It always amazes me that I unwrap it each year and there is no damp or mould anywhere, even though it is stored outside on a farm yard - it just gets a bit dusty inside. Especially last year I put it away wet. All I have to do is hoover, and sort the the jockey wheel which wont shift up. Looking at all the postings you guys have made, has made me a bit more enthusiastic to sort out a few things, such as privacy curtains. Also how the water pump works (it is a manual one) etc.

Steph
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Feeling very pleased with myself.... Empty Re: Feeling very pleased with myself....

Post by Eilis Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

well done Steph, I'm fairly new to dandying and still manage to make simple mistakes each time i put it up or down but i'm getting there lol
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Feeling very pleased with myself.... Empty Re: Feeling very pleased with myself....

Post by vickoir Mon 25 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

stephanie wrote:Having had the Dandy for 4 years, and always struggled to put put the thing up and always had to leave the roof till last and lug it over all the posts .. - yes i know - and i had written instructions . I finally worked it out from the utube demo, and put the dandy up for its first airing this year with the roof going over and up as it should. And I put it up all by myself... Feeling very pleased with myself.... 3517506835

It always amazes me that I unwrap it each year and there is no damp or mould anywhere, even though it is stored outside on a farm yard - it just gets a bit dusty inside. Especially last year I put it away wet. All I have to do is hoover, and sort the the jockey wheel which wont shift up. Looking at all the postings you guys have made, has made me a bit more enthusiastic to sort out a few things, such as privacy curtains. Also how the water pump works (it is a manual one) etc.

Steph

well steph,
    plenty of people on here will be able to help with things like water pumps and such like and me and helen have both refurbed a dandy from an interior design point of view(just call me linda barker lol) and jayne (the admiral)
    carl put lovely flooring in his
    and by the sounds of things you have a nice solid unit there so anything you think you may need just shout up i'm sure at leat one person on here will have attempted it before you and they are all only to happy to help out or offer advice cheers

and way to go you putting up on your own eilis does too but its not something i've ever had to try yet Feeling very pleased with myself.... 3517506835
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

Congratulations, the people on the video make it look so easy.

We only bought ours on Saturday and have put up and down once ourselves, we tryed with the roof in place but the poles seemed to grip it too much and I couldn't move them at all, does this mean our roof needs cleaning and lubing with something, or am I very weak?

It was a right sod bringing it up over the top, I need to be about 2 foot taller, perhaps I should get some 60's platforms to match. Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 25 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

cazz wrote:Congratulations, the people on the video make it look so easy.

We only bought ours on Saturday and have put up and down once ourselves, we tryed with the roof in place but the poles seemed to grip it too much and I couldn't move them at all, does this mean our roof needs cleaning and lubing with something, or am I very weak?

It was a right sod bringing it up over the top, I need to be about 2 foot taller, perhaps I should get some 60's platforms to match. Very Happy

Cazz apparently it really helps if you use silicone spray on the inside of the roof and i mean to do this as i find it really hard to do the roof, especially on my own and i'm only bout 5'3" so the extra height really does help people lol
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 25 Jul 2011, 5:18 pm

cazz wrote:Congratulations, the people on the video make it look so easy.

polish your roof with mr sheen or silicone spray on the bars and it will be a lot easier cazz
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

Well done Steph on erecting the dandy yourself, pleased that the site has given you renewed enthusiasm and as everyone says if you need any advice just ask. Very Happy

I can vouch for cleaning and spraying your roof with furniture polish Cazz, it makes a massive difference, I always did mine anyway but helped to put up a unit that hadn't been done and it was really difficult as the roof just wouldn't slide but seemed to stick to the U bars. Rolling Eyes You will be amazed at the difference it makes.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:01 pm

Thanks for the tips on the silicon spray and furniture polish, we'll get onto this, this week. The bars grip like mad, and when we were trying to pull them, they were threatening to bend, so we felt. The last owners were both 6'+ odd, we are both 5' 5", that must be why they found it easier.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Vicki gave me the silicone spray tip and I loved it so much I sprayed everything with it and tell everyone about it but the best effect was on the awning zips, mine now slide like new ones and are so easy to open and close Feeling very pleased with myself.... 1710857839

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 1:01 am