Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

internal wheel arches

Billy
Billy

internal wheel arches Empty internal wheel arches

Post by Billy on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:39 pm

Does anyone find inboard wheel arches a restriction inside the living area?
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

internal wheel arches Empty Re: internal wheel arches

Post by mike on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:44 pm

Billy wrote:

We used to with the delta,but only on one side because the other is in the locker,but it does give the feeling of more internal space as the unit is that bit wider normally.

mike
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

Billy wrote:

we have owned 2 dandys our first had outboard wheels our new one has inboard wheels
i have never found it to be an issue infact we use the bed side one as a small bedside table on a night as nick cant sleep without a glass of water
however we did upgrade from a delta to a designer which i think is just under a foot wider but short answer no not really pirat
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

Not a problem for us either Very Happy
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

We've not camped in ours yet, but we have sat in a 4 and obviously our 5. There is loads more room in the five as mentioned. Our dog likes it as his little step though. Very Happy
Billy
Billy

Post by Billy on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:45 pm

So it is not a restriction, but a handy bedside table or dog step.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:52 pm

Have you got a dog to use the step?

If your are ever my way, you are more than welcome to have a look. Very Happy

Last edited by cazz on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billy
Billy

Post by Billy on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

I am sorry to say we lost our dog three years ago last week.

He was a white German shepherd named Skye, I am afraid he had the dog version of MS in the end we had to get him put to sleep,but he led a happy well pampered life and was 12 years old.

Every week my wife and I chat about having another Shepherd as we do miss him still.

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, they do become one of the family. 12 is a fantastic age for a German Shepherd.

If you do get another dog, then a Dandy with internal wheels will give him/her more space. Like I said, if you are ever my way and want to see our 5, you are more than welcome.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 5:09 am

Billy wrote: I am sorry to say we lost our dog three years ago last week.

He was a white German shepherd named Skye, I am afraid he had the dog version of MS in the end we had to get him put to sleep,but he led a happy well pampered life and was 12 years old.

Every week my wife and I chat about having another Shepherd as we do miss him still.

Billy these are the ramblings of a ex dog owner,i was with my first wife for over 30 years before she died and in that time we had 3 great Danes,when the last one had to be put down also 12 years old which is a good age for a Dane the decision was made not to have another.
Its not been easy at various times especially when on a nice site where you could take a dog for a walk,what i have noticed though is i am too old to go through all the training again dont think i have the patience any more,about 3 years after our loss we agreed to look after nancys daughters dog while they where away,what a mistake and boy was i glad when she collected him,i hadn't noticed the freedom that none dog owning had given us,we no longer had to be home at a certain time or choose dog friendly days out and campsites.
It to me is a trade off because as ime sure you know owning a dog is a full time responsibility,i guess it could be easier if i chose something smaller than a Dane but after three i know there nature and temperament and just love them,what i am saying is i fully understand your dilemma and could easily go down that road again but will always stop myself.
I now satisfy my love of dogs by fussing other peoples Very Happy

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

Billy, if you ever get to a meet you can babysit our dog Bailey for the full day, he is a lovely little Sheltie with a great temperament ......... you will soon realise how much fun it is not to have to chuck a ball around for hours or have to walk 3 times a day and then keep an eye out at all times to make sure he isn't getting up to mischief or eating stuff he shouldn't and then there's the cleaning up after him. lol!

We lost one of ours two years ago aged 17 and still miss him, we really wouldn't be without Bailey but after always camping with the dogs and then having recently had a few days away without any I know I will not be getting anymore after Bailey. They are so much company and I have loved and enjoyed all of ours but they are also very tying and you then have the heartache of losing part of your family because that's what they are.

As for the internal Wheel arches, I really wouldn't be put off buying a Dandy that has them. internal wheel arches 3498837457
Billy
Billy

Post by Billy on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

Thanks for the lovely comments on the dog situation.

I can understand what you are saying Mike, I have had dogs all but for last 3 years of my adult life and I am getting a bit sore myself in the older bones department, one of the things that puts me off the idea is a young energetic pup that needs trained and walked. I am self employed and have some hard shifts,the thought of a good walk with a dog is greeted with mixed feelings.

German shepherds are my thing but they do need excercise and played with, perhaps the memories are better than realities sometimes.

Thanks cazz for the offer, very kind.

Billy.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:13 am

i love camping with our dog but having an 8 stone beast on your knee in the dandy or in our bed provides its challenges internal wheel arches 3462454224

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 30 Mar 2020, 5:50 pm