Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Tow Itch
vickoir
Nick
stephandal
8 posters

weights and lenght of dandy dart

stephandal

weights and lenght of dandy dart Empty weights and lenght of dandy dart

Post by stephandal Tue 09 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

can anyone tell me the fully laden weight of the dandy dart also the length of the trailer thank you steph
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

weights and lenght of dandy dart Empty Re: weights and lenght of dandy dart

Post by Nick Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

unladen 350kg fully laden up to a maximum of 500kg. Smile
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

as nick said
    weights ex works 350kg
    maximum weight 500 kg
    trailer body length 198cms
    body width 122cm
    trailer height 112 cm
    overall length 300cm
    overall width including wheels 160cm
    hope this helps Smile
    stephandal

Post by stephandal Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:00 pm

thankyou both for yourreplys you have a great help Very Happy Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

Dear All

The Dart varied from the earlier 4 by a few mm.
    The weight of the 4 right up to the end was listed as 5cwt, or just over 250Kg.
    The final brochure lists them as 350Kg
    When did the Dart get fat, was it all of them or just the dark blue ones?
    What caused the weight increase?

Kevin.

I was told it was a less than rigorous weight checks by dandy in the past,so some of the early ones could be nearer the weight of the newer models.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

the later dandy's were fully insulated where as the brochure from the 70s states 5cwt these early dandy were not fully insulated didn't have gas boxes roof linings etc although i cannot imagine these additions would add 100kg?
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

NickB wrote:the later dandy's were fully insulated where as the brochure from the 70s states 5cwt these early dandy were not fully insulated didn't have gas boxes roof linings etc although i cannot imagine these additions would add 100kg?

Also the later ones had an extra kitchen cupboard, perhaps this is made of lead, lol.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:31 pm

cazz wrote:
    NickB wrote:the later dandy's were fully insulated where as the brochure from the 70s states 5cwt these early dandy were not fully insulated didn't have gas boxes roof linings etc although i cannot imagine these additions would add 100kg?

Also the later ones had an extra kitchen cupboard, perhaps this is made of lead, lol.

haha i wish ours is made of cheap MDF that makes the cheapest Argos furniture look like good quality.I think we have about 100kg of stuff we don't need in our dandy although Vicky wont have it lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:59 pm

NickB wrote:
    cazz wrote:

haha i wish ours is made of cheap MDF that makes the cheapest Argos furniture look like good quality.I think we have about 100kg of stuff we don't need in our dandy although Vicky wont have it lol!

Oh dear, that doesn't sound so good. "MDF is like crap sticks, one is stuck together with glue, I'm not sure what MDF is stuck with" that still makes me smile.

See if all the things in yours can be recalled, what is forgotton can't be that important. Shocked affraid
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:01 am

Tow Itch wrote: Dear All

The Dart varied from the earlier 4 by a few mm.
    The weight of the 4 right up to the end was listed as 5cwt, or just over 250Kg.
    The final brochure lists them as 350Kg
    When did the Dart get fat, was it all of them or just the dark blue ones?
    What caused the weight increase?

Kevin.

I was told it was a less than rigorous weight checks by dandy in the past,so some of the early ones could be nearer the weight of the newer models.

Dear All

I no doubt write some rubbish and piffle at times, but I've excelled myself here.
    I can't for the life of me remember writing the:
    Line.
    10.41 a little early to be on the sauce.
    I honestly have no recollection of writing this nor cannot think who might have told me of Dandy's former lack of rigour?
    Do de Do de Do de Do de (Cue Twilight Zone theme)
    It's only a very small part of me that is laughing at this, I seriously cannot remember writing that last line nor have I any reason to believe it's the truth.

Kevin.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:12 am

maybe you were in a fugue state lol
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Its the gremlins Kevin,or was it me sticking it where you could get the blame lol! dont know how it appeared in your post,i was told dandy went a long time adding bits to the units but not getting them checked for weight,as the smaller ones have the 500kg suspension i always feel its safer to go with the later unladen weight.
    There was a early 6 for sale on preloved the add stated 350kg unladen yet it was exactly the same as mine which is 500kg,the person selling said it stated on the plate 350kg unladen 745kg laden,when 245kg should be enough allowance for gear it must be better to go with the later weight.

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

cazz wrote:
    NickB wrote:
    cazz wrote:

Oh dear, that doesn't sound so good. "MDF is like crap sticks, one is stuck together with glue, I'm not sure what MDF is stuck with" that still makes me smile.

See if all the things in yours can be recalled, what is forgotton can't be that important. Shocked affraid
    cazz,
    i know exactly what is in our dandy and where it stored and even the container or box from the kitchen units to the boxes under the seats and the gas locker and i can assure you as i do nick regularly that it is all ESSENTIAL Wink Wink Wink
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:30 pm

Vicki, your Dandy sounds like our camper and now Dandy, it's packed for every situation. Everything has a use and a place to live. It's packed for rain, sun, wind, it's always ready for a holiday. cheers Very Happy

I wonder how many people who have caravan can list everything, with all those cupboards. lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

mike wrote:Its the gremlins Kevin,or was it me sticking it where you could get the blame lol! dont know how it appeared in your post,i was told dandy went a long time adding bits to the units but not getting them checked for weight,as the smaller ones have the 500kg suspension i always feel its safer to go with the later unladen weight.
    There was a early 6 for sale on preloved the add stated 350kg unladen yet it was exactly the same as mine which is 500kg,the person selling said it stated on the plate 350kg unladen 745kg laden,when 245kg should be enough allowance for gear it must be better to go with the later weight.

mike

Mike

Thank you for that, I was getting seriously worried.

Dear All

Likewise we also have the increase in weight on the Designer. Listed now as 395Kg, so we can see the worries of overloading with things like roof boxes and bike racks. (On reflection get those 750Kg suspension units on Helen)
    Link to PDF file of specs for dark blue Dandies.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    PDF File hosted by dandyowners Dandy Riva Owners on Yahoo Forums.
    This is a very good resource for file information.

Kevin.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 13 Aug 2011, 1:48 am

I have started to behave with how much I take Kevin and taken quite a lot out of our Dandy now, I gave my daughter lots of stuff to put in hers and so am going to have the 500kg suspension put on. The biggest advantage is that it takes me a lot less time to pack away now weights and lenght of dandy dart 1978086825

Saying that though we have only used the Dandy for two night's since I took away all of the 'just in case stuff' so we will see how we get on in September before I do the suspension.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:52 pm