Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
jenstar
Cazz
6 posters

Our first Dandy trip

Cazz
    Cazz

Our first Dandy trip Empty Our first Dandy trip

Post by Cazz Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

This weekend we had our first trip in our Dandy, we had a 3 night break to a VW show, the show was 2 nights and we stayed for an extra night. The Dandy as expected performed perfectly, there is loads of room and masses of cupboard space.

The awning is fantastic, as you probably already know. You can use just the roof as a sun/rain canopy and the sides are in two sections, the floor press studs into place and also makes the draught excluders under the Dandy.

Any ideas of the date ish of this design? Was it before or after the roof and sides in one, where you added the front section separately which could also be rolled up?

Some pics:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some accessories for it, we already had the orange table.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by cazz on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jenstar
    jenstar

Our first Dandy trip Empty Re: Our first Dandy trip

Post by jenstar Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

Ooooo,smart!! Our first Dandy trip 2170595768 Looks like you had a great time, so glad you enjoyed it! We have just fetched our new Dandy tonight and its too dark now to have a play....boo, shall just have to wait till tomorrow! Didnt know they did a green one...how fab, I love how Dandys are so individual, really stand out from the crowd.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:33 pm

cazz that looks great and i love that green it the same as kevins your dandy looks very at home especially with the rainbow,
    also loving your accessories to go with that mad retro floor you have ace Our first Dandy trip 184121345
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

Hi Jenstar, the Dandy is either late 60's or early 70's. Though we think it is late 60's due to the sink and floor (look here, if you haven't seen it - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] We are going to use it with a 1960's VW mainly.

Hi Vicki, the flask is probably 70's, but the colour is cool, the other stuff is 60's and it's amazing how the green stool colour matches, that was pure luck. Very Happy
    hakuna matata

Post by hakuna matata Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

cazz those picts tell a thousand words . looks like youve had agreat time .cool!!!.
    i was gona play with my dandy today but other things came up so this weekends gona be a cleaning / repair job.

neil Cool
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:15 pm

hakuna matata wrote:cazz those picts tell a thousand words . looks like youve had agreat time .cool!!!.
    i was gona play with my dandy today but other things came up so this weekends gona be a cleaning / repair job.

neil Cool

Cream cleaner and silicon spray (top tip) is your way forward Neil, make sure your camper doesn't see. Laughing Rolling Eyes

An all 80's set up, fab. Cool
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

My Dandy needs a bit of a clean, whats the best thing to use guys?
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

jenstar wrote:My Dandy needs a bit of a clean, whats the best thing to use guys?

We found the best thing is cream cleaner a scourer sponge and tons of elbow grease. I was given the top tip to spray the inside of the roof with silicon spray or furniture spray to help the roof bars slide better. We also cleaned the furniture with antibacteral spray and of course vacumed the seats on top and underneath.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. Very Happy
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

Thanks Cazz! Right, job for tomorrow then! I LOVE your Dandy, we would have liked a more Retro one but my Hubbie isnt any good at DIY at all and would have been no good if it had other issues. I have to rely on my Dad to help out with things so we thought we would play it safe and go for something a bit younger.I love the 60's look you have going on, glad you keeping it that way....even adding to it,makes it that bit special.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:33 am

cazz wrote:
    jenstar wrote:My Dandy needs a bit of a clean, whats the best thing to use guys?

We found the best thing is cream cleaner a scourer sponge and tons of elbow grease. I was given the top tip to spray the inside of the roof with silicon spray or furniture spray to help the roof bars slide better. We also cleaned the furniture with antibacteral spray and of course vacumed the seats on top and underneath.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. Very Happy

Ciff is a good cleaner and if you use mr sheen do all of the pvc with it then all the muck comes of easier next time inside and out,also it looks good.
    The first clean can be hard work just put neat cleaner on and do a small area at a time

mike

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:38 am

It looks superb Cazz thanks for posting these pictures, love it with the suncanopy looks great and your accessories are perfect Our first Dandy trip 184121345
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:56 am

Funny how tastes change,when i was first looking at dandys i didn't like the green ones,now i think its a great colour and realy like the curve on the awning roof,never seen a 6 in green though.

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:47 am

Thanks Mike and Helen, we have more assessories in my mums and dads garage to add, we just need some 60's chairs now.

That's a good tip about spraying the lot with polish, for easier cleaning next time, i'll do that.

With my vast experience, lol, I had never seen a green 5 till this one, i've never seen a green or yellow/orange 6 either. Very Happy

Referring back to an earlier post about our floor, everyone at the show loved it, it's lucky to find matching colour shaker pots. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:21 pm