Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Things to take camping or not

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Things to take camping or not Empty Things to take camping or not

Post by mike Sun 21 Aug 2011, 5:49 am

Sure sign of getting old i guess but i remember when the questions about camping equipment where related to actual camping gear,i lifted this question from a camping forum,after my reply the guy came back and said he could use it so no one else could hear it or only hear it faintly,well sorry but i dont want to hear it at all,in this day and age when i can sit in my front room and hear music in cars going past,or neighbours music three doors away,i go camping for peace and quiet.

Many moons ago when I used to camping with the Venture Scouts, we used to have a portable music player which was simply a large rectangular box with a hinged lid. Inside was a Car Battery and Car Radio / Cassette player, with two speakers mounted in the side. Not only did a fully charged car battery last us all weekend, but it was a useful seat as well!

Now I'm camping with the family I'd like to have something similar but nothing near as heavy to carry and as bulky to store. Is it possible to build something with a smaller battery, say a Motorbike battery? That could be charged with my standard Halford Car Charger before trips? Would that work?

Perhaps it time for me to go back to basic no facility sites,get used to using a portable toilet again affraid manage without my luxury's that dont have any effect on other campers.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Things to take camping or not Empty Re: Things to take camping or not

Post by Helen Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:47 am

There is nothing more annoying, when you are sitting in a lovely quiet field relaxing with glass of wine in hand enjoying the scenery and total peace of it all ............. and then someone opens a car door and turns the music up full blast with lot's of base so everyone has to listen to it Mad

Don't get me wrong I enjoy music but don't expect everyone on the site to have to hear it. Evil or Very Mad
    I really am getting old affraid or maybe Mike is rubbing off on me Shocked

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:51 am

damn and i was thinking of getting nick to leave his sub in boot of car for trenfield
    so you could all enjoy some dub step with us lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:54 am

vickoir wrote:damn and i was thinking of getting nick to leave his sub in boot of car for trenfield

Dont forget designers can be towed after they are set up and the inhabitants are asleep Laughing
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:55 am

mike wrote:
    vickoir wrote:damn and i was thinking of getting nick to leave his sub in boot of car for trenfield

Dont forget designers can be towed after they are set up and the inhabitants are asleep Laughing

Things to take camping or not 3462454224 Things to take camping or not 3462454224 Things to take camping or not 3462454224
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:00 am

Loud music and generaters on all night!! Are the two most annoying things when wanting peace and quiet. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:56 am