Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Folding camper or trailer tent?

jenstar
    jenstar

Folding camper or trailer tent? Empty Folding camper or trailer tent?

Post by jenstar Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

Hi everyone, when I was searching for our Dandy on ebay I looked under Folding campers. Then I thought I had better check trailer tents, good job I did as ours was on its own in that section as the majority seemed to be in the FC section. So when I book a camp site, do I say its a trailer tent or an FC? Only I know some trailer tents are huge when pegged out and I dont want to give the wrong impression or be turned away if they have a no tent policy ? Hope thats not a stupid question but you know what some sites are like with their book of rules! Mad
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Folding camper or trailer tent? Empty Re: Folding camper or trailer tent?

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:07 pm

this jen is when you learn the dandy owners little white lie......
    1.caravan club considers the dandy to be a folding caravan, voila entry to caravan only sites and caravan club sites and the caravan club
    2.site states no trailer tents/tents, voila its a folding camper
    3.site charges for awnings, voila its a trailer tent and no thats not an awning it part of my trailer tent thank you very much
    these are the camping descriptions i live by and with the rarity of dandys works every time cheers
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

Folding camper or trailer tent? 2667980805 with Vicki, ours is called whatever we want it to be at the time too Folding camper or trailer tent? 3498837457
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:23 pm

Very Happy Great, thanks both!!! We mainly use 2 sites we know well that the lads love and have no stupid rules but we are hoping to branch out.....Oooooo get us, and try some new places with the Dandy. cheers
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:37 pm

jenstar wrote: Very Happy Great, thanks both!!! We mainly use 2 sites we know well that the lads love and have no stupid rules but we are hoping to branch out.....Oooooo get us, and try some new places with the Dandy. cheers

excellent thats the beauty of this site jen we all live in different parts of country so you can find out about places you wouldn't normally consider and hopefully you will join us on one of our meets at some point cheers
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:45 pm

I would love that Vicki, it must be great to see all the Dandys pitched up together! I bet the rest of the camp site will wonder whats going on. Very Happy You dont see too many Dandys about, people dont seem to know much about them, when I told freinds and family I had got a Dandy none of them knew what one was! Then when I put it up on the drive half the road came to have a look, I felt like making a charge! lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

jenstar wrote:I would love that Vicki, it must be great to see all the Dandys pitched up together! I bet the rest of the camp site will wonder whats going on. Very Happy You dont see too many Dandys about, people dont seem to know much about them, when I told freinds and family I had got a Dandy none of them knew what one was! Then when I put it up on the drive half the road came to have a look, I felt like making a charge! lol!

i know its great jen,
    they are so few and far between it is like having a little attraction with you
    every site nick and i have camped on people have either asked for a look or literally sat with their faces pressed to the caravan window watching it go up and down,
    when we sold our delta it was up on my sisters drive as we didnt have room for both the delta and new designer and her nieghbours were the same lol!
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

Well just waiting for a nice day and some energy at the same time and I shall put ours up again on the drive, finish cleaning the roof and try out the awning! I love having a play! Folding camper or trailer tent? 1710857839 Hopefully end of September we can go camping in it, have other things going on at the mo and have to pace things for the lads.So.... if its cold by the end of September it will be a good test for the Dandy to keep us warm!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

jenstar wrote:Well just waiting for a nice day and some energy at the same time and I shall put ours up again on the drive, finish cleaning the roof and try out the awning! I love having a play! Folding camper or trailer tent? 1710857839 Hopefully end of September we can go camping in it, have other things going on at the mo and have to pace things for the lads.So.... if its cold by the end of September it will be a good test for the Dandy to keep us warm!

well the picture in the forum header is nick and mine old delta on jan 5th this year at hadrians wall capsite in northumberland we ended up snowed in and staying for 3 nights it was minus 5 the water in the toilet blocks froze and the showers froze and we had to get jerry cans of water off the wardens they took nick to sainsburys for supplies in their 4x4 but we were lovely and warm and cozy in the dandy and had a great time
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:24 pm

Gosh minus 5!!!! Its a great photo, it must be fun to wake up in the snow, I know some people dont like it but I do! As you say it can make things a bit tricky when camping though, nice to know you kept warm even in those temps!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:35 pm

vickoir wrote:this jen is when you learn the dandy owners little white lie......
    1.caravan club considers the dandy to be a folding caravan, voila entry to caravan only sites and caravan club sites and the caravan club
    3.site charges for awnings, voila its a trailer tent and no thats not an awning it part of my trailer tent thank you very much
    these are the camping descriptions i live by and with the rarity of dandys works every time cheers

That's a good post, I'll remember that. I think it is a rip off when places charge more for awnings.

The problem is, as our Dandy is an old boy and only for occasional use at car shows, we probably won't get the chance to use the quotes above. Crying or Very sad

But as a special for the experience, we could take the camper as the day vehicle and the Dandy (trailer tent) and awning for night, that way we could have 3 items for price of one. Cool
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

cazz wrote:
    vickoir wrote:this jen is when you learn the dandy owners little white lie......

That's a good post, I'll remember that. I think it is a rip off when places charge more for awnings.

The problem is, as our Dandy is an old boy and only for occasional use at car shows, we probably won't get the chance to use the quotes above. Crying or Very sad

But as a special for the experience, we could take the camper as the day vehicle and the Dandy (trailer tent) and awning for night, that way we could have 3 items for price of one. Cool

well cazz,
    thats another one for people like yourself with a campervan to remember and like jen hopefully at somepoint you may want to come and join us lot of nutters on a campsite somewhere cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:17 am