Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Krist0n
Caz1960
Helen
7 posters

Dandy Trailer tent - soft furnishings

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Trailer tent  - soft furnishings Empty Dandy Trailer tent - soft furnishings

Post by Helen Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

If you would like advice as to how to make curtains or soft furnishings for your dandy just start a new topic in the Dandy Chat area, some of our members have given Dandy make-overs to their units. We just love to bling our Dandys flower

If you have done some Dandy bling post your pictures in the gallery and show your Dandy off
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Trailer tent  - soft furnishings Empty Re: Dandy Trailer tent - soft furnishings

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:13 pm

This fabric would look good in a brown Dandy
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This would go in a green, brown or blue Dandy and shows how cheap it can be to give your Dandy a makeover

A Retro fabric to suit the orange Dandy

I have used this seller myself and had great fabric and service too. The fabrics above are just a small sample and prices vary but you can make tatty upholstery look like new relatively cheaply with a little time and effort. See other items for sale from this seller, it may inspire you.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Dandy Trailer tent  - soft furnishings Empty Re: Dandy Trailer tent - soft furnishings

Post by Caz1960 Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:30 pm

Very Happy love the fabric and I also use that seller have some gorgeous Very Happy I am making curtains and using small swish rails Im going nautical red white blue hopefully looks good if not the old Romany style . Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:34 pm

It would be great to see some pictures when it's done Caz Dandy Trailer tent  - soft furnishings 184121345

Have fun with your make over Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:42 pm

um pictures more the see you at the summer meet ha ha would be easier OK I will get my niece involved lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

It would also be good to see you at a meet too, and your funky Dandy Laughing
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:07 pm

Very Happy I see that my English is getting better Dandy Trailer tent  - soft furnishings 3208163979 what the colour scheme is your dandy ??
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:29 pm

This is how my Dandy looks at the moment but I have changed it a couple of times and tend to get the make over bug quite often.

Last edited by Helen on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:28 pm

This is what we used to put studs on the tie backs, we managed to find a kit with studs the same size as the originals so only had to add the half that is on the tie backs to the new ones we made.

These come in various sizes so check the size you want before purchasing or change the full thing.

A simple way to make privacy/modesty curtains is to use shower curtains with plastic hook type fixings, you can just cut some types to length.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:19 pm

were going for shocking pink!!! Shocked
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:25 pm

shocked already Shocked Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:06 am

Shocking pink can look lovely against white. It's bright and fun and if the covers can be removed why not Laughing

We change the curtains on ours to change the look a bit every now and then.
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 03 Mar 2012, 8:29 am

just a quick question....

had a look at the beds and the seating in our dandy and it looks like its all stitched no zips etc for taking covers off Sad

thought it would be simple enough to unzip, wash , dry and stick back on but looks like im going to have to pick out the stitching Sad

I take it the older dandys interiors had no zips ?
    Would it be easy enough to retro fit zips onto the original covers as we have not decided what we are going to do interior wise
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:32 am

naedoot wrote:just a quick question....

had a look at the beds and the seating in our dandy and it looks like its all stitched no zips etc for taking covers off Sad

thought it would be simple enough to unzip, wash , dry and stick back on but looks like im going to have to pick out the stitching Sad

I take it the older dandys interiors had no zips ?
    Would it be easy enough to retro fit zips onto the original covers as we have not decided what we are going to do interior wise

it will probably be easier to steam clean them because the buttons need taking out and that can be a pain to put back looking the same also not sure how generous the hem is so to retro fit a zip unless your good with a machine could be quite a challenge
    that why i went for recovering oh and i hated the grey/blue/pink pattern on our old light blue delta lol!

ithen used velcro for my covers was easy peasy
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:37 am

Thanks, didnt think it would be as easy as I would have liked.

No machine would be hand done

did managed to cover the dining chairs in faux leather a while back by hand , using staple gun knife and loads of bad words

will have to rethink my approach now , velcro sounds like a plan

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:19 am

Part of the work the previous owner did on my first dandy was to remove the covers buttons and all fit new foam and then refit the covers and buttons,must have been a labour of love.
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:20 am

i can imagine,

the covers have no rips in mine, just need a clean as dont know when they were last done.
    all seem nice n comfy too = foam

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

i used a hard plastic straw to thread the string off the buttons back through the origional holes. It was a little bit fiddly, but took less than an hour.
    If you did take your covers off, I think velcro would be the way forward.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

flower I use a big darning/tapestry needle to thread buttons on upholstery but instead of zips and Velcro try if enough material flap like pillow cases have would be incorporated in the seam flower
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 03 Mar 2012, 8:50 pm

The buttons on our cushions went all the way through the foam and out the other side of the cushion, and held in place with plastic tab. To get the plastic tab back through the hole in the foam, it had to be put inside the plastic straw, and pushed through.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

The older Dandy's like mine have buttons both sides, we just used a large darning needle to put buttons on, you can also add your own matching buttons like I did, they are easy to do and you can match them to your new covers. The link shows an example of the type I used, they come in different sizes and can be purchased in smaller packs .......... you can create your own look by using large or small buttons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:27 am