Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
Tow Itch
6 posters

Cheap / Free Meet Next Year

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Cheap / Free Meet Next Year Empty Cheap / Free Meet Next Year

Post by Tow Itch Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

Dear All

For the preamble to this please see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tow Itch wrote: Failed miserably in the hunt the sticker game.
    I know I don't have the advantage of knowing what they look like but I did zoom to 4X and saw only one sticker and I cannot imagine that the Dandycampers sticker would hold such a hallowed position.
    The Cotton Arms at Wrenbury camped their a few times. In fact is was my first though for a winter meet till I realised that Shropshire isn't famous for snow. For you demanding types I seem to remember it's priced per pitch at £14 including electric.
    How are their new shower facilities Cazz can you now get a shower without getting up before 06.30? (They previously only had one shower)
    Don't suppose it was too expensive, I was about to tell you that you missed out on an even cheaper option. There is a multiple beer freehouse (real ale) within a few miles without facilities that allows you to camp for free as long as you visit the bar.
    Just at this point a light switched on in my head.
    While Wrenbury isn't metropolis one thing it does posses is a pretty tidy outdoor sports ??? Well complex would be too grand a term but it's more than a rugby field a football field and a clubhouse.
    We visited a beer festival there (Shock Horror) a few years ago while camping during one of the May bank holidays. (OK it could have been Easter)
    While talking to the proprietor, steward or other in charge type person I mentioned the freehouse and he stated he would be more than happy to provide some camping for a group at the rear of the clubhouse on a similar basis.
    Now what made this different from any pub that might offer camping is that the clubhouse has extensive washing and showering facilities as it has team changing rooms.
    The deal breaker as far as the small group I camp/ed with was that we would need our own toilet facilities for the hours the clubhouse was closed. Now for ourselves I don't see that being an issue.
    So it's just a question of what I do next, do I build up interest only to find the stewards changed, or do I go off and see the steward to find that there is no interest in a cheap/free camp as thats only one aspect of the cost of a weekend and you would all prefer (Bar Cazz) **** facilities?

Kevin.

I will do some investigation to see if this is still possible if so, any interested parties?

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Cheap / Free Meet Next Year Empty Re: Cheap / Free Meet Next Year

Post by mike Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

Kevin whilst the idea of a free camp appeals afraid i would refer you to my little end corner review where i expressed my chances of defecating in a bucket ever again as unlikely Very Happy just as a personnel thing i would manage without showers but not electric or toilets,but float the idea you never know.

mike

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:18 pm

Kevin, you're getting to know me to well, I like the idea of cheap or free, well how else do I keep all these vehicles on the road, lol.

I understand others prefer facilities so we are of course prepared to pay out, but nothing excessive. Rolling Eyes
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Dear All

People are free to choose their level of comfort, but just to underline.
    There are plentiful showers and wash facilities, they may just not be open first thing in the morning.
    The only bucket defecation sessions would be late at night/early morning.
    These I would have thought could be courtesy of a couple of group use chemical loos. Just a joint loo rather than one in ones own awning, and if one requires the privacy of a private privy that is still your prerogative.
    I would happily volunteer one of these ( and draw the short straw for emptying at the end of the weekend)
    Thus proving to those who think I'm anally retentive that it's not just my own sh*t I'm full of.
    I've happily squandered on many thing and am not completely against a plush weekend, just looking to provide a different option when I saw one appear.

Mike I will happily seek out and digest your post, but whilst on the subject of digestion:

Kevin whilst the idea of a free camp appeals afraid i would refer you to my little end corner review where i expressed my chances of defecating in a bucket ever again as unlikely just as a personnel thing i would manage without showers but not electric or toilets,but float the idea you never know.

mike

I would seriously suggest consulting a gastroenterologist if your defecating from your little end!

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Dear All

People are free to choose their level of comfort, but just to underline.
    There are plentiful showers and wash facilities, they may just not be open first thing in the morning.
    The only bucket defecation sessions would be late at night/early morning.
    These I would have thought could be courtesy of a couple of group use chemical loos. Just a joint loo rather than one in ones own awning, and if one requires the privacy of a private privy that is still your prerogative.
    I would happily volunteer one of these ( and draw the short straw for emptying at the end of the weekend)
    Thus proving to those who think I'm anally retentive that it's not just my own sh*t I'm full of.
    I've happily squandered on many thing and am not completely against a plush weekend, just looking to provide a different option when I saw one appear.

Mike I will happily seek out and digest your post, but whilst on the subject of digestion:

Kevin whilst the idea of a free camp appeals afraid i would refer you to my little end corner review where i expressed my chances of defecating in a bucket ever again as unlikely just as a personnel thing i would manage without showers but not electric or toilets,but float the idea you never know.

mike

I would seriously suggest consulting a gastroenterologist if your defecating from your little end!

Kevin.

Kevin even as i typed little end corner i thought that's handing him it on a plate affraid cant get away from Double entendre as if you would want it on or off a plate Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:13 am

You would need to arrange dates that people can work around Kevin but go for it, everyone can arrange a meet it's all about choice and variety. Cheap / Free Meet Next Year 184121345
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:28 am

i would be interested but due to the set up on our dandy we have to have hook up or a genny affraid
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

i'd def be intested as up to now i've always used hook up but it's perfectly possible camp in a dandy without it

Eilis

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:14 pm