Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Should you have the right

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Should you have the right Empty Should you have the right

Post by mike on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:12 pm

Just looked at the latest reports on the guy that killed an intruder and was arrested,it looks like he was sat watching tv when two men armed with knifes broke in, he somehow killed one with there own knife,he has now been released on police bail,any person in that situation after the horror of killing some one even in self defence, could do without being arrested and spending the night in jail,lets hope he can put it all behind him soon.

I will come out and say i believe he should face no charges for it,whilst not recommending we kill armed intruders i dont see a problem with it when it happens.
mike
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Should you have the right Empty Re: Should you have the right

Post by Nick on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

i think they deserve to die they are robbing scum,anyone who kills an armed intruder in their home should be commended for removing them from society.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

NickB wrote:i think they deserve to die they are robbing scum,anyone who kills an armed intruder in their home should be commended for removing them from society.

Nick you realy must learn to say what you mean Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224 Should you have the right 3462454224
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

haha i will try to in the future ;-)
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

it does seem that the support is now swinging toward the victim rather than the criminal and about time too

if you enter someone's house illegally in my opinion you forfeit your rights and deserve everything you get
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

I think everyone has the right to protect themselves from harm.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

helen wrote:I think everyone has the right to protect themselves from harm.
The problem is that you have to prove you where in physical danger which isn't always taken as fact by the police if you don't get injured, we live in a stupid world sometimes
Mike

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

bit like that poor guy who went to prison for shooting that teenager,when 2 lowlife's broke into his home.I think he got released early.
Owd Lad
Owd Lad

Should you have the right Empty Re' Should you have the right

Post by Owd Lad on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

We have spent too many years in this country kow-towing to the rights of criminals. What about the rights of victims, in such cases? Don't they have the right to live in peace and without fear in their own homes. My brother lives in South Africa with his S African wife who has difficulty believing that, in Britain, you have to justify your actions if you or your home are attacked by intruders. The simple tenet there is 'Shoot them!' Many houses there have signs on the gate stating "Don't beware of the dog, beware of the owner!" and they mean it.

Steve
Keith
Keith

Post by Keith on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:06 am

I believe everyone has the right to protect themselves from such intrusion and threat, if some lowlife decides to enter my home or try and rob me then he deserves what he gets.

As I have previously said, I have driven a taxi for a long time now here in North Wales and Manchester, and have been in a handful of violent situations over 20+ years.

I have been spat at, slapped, punched and even stabbed on 2 seperate occassions, everytime I have fought back with the intent of self preservation. The worst incident was Christmas morning 1995, I picked someone up in Bury centre and took him to Farnworth, on arriving he pulled a knife and I initially thought he had punched me in the leg but he had in fact stabbed me.

During the ensuing struggle I received 4 knife injuries to my right arm, 1 in my left shoulder and 1 in my left thigh, I was able to disarm him and he got 2 knife injuries to his chest. Police, Ambulance and work colleagues turned up. I was initially charged with aggravated assault as the CPS believed I went above and beyond self defence by using his own knife on him twice to the chest, even though I had been injured 6 times. After about 5 months of this hanging over me charges were dropped as it was not in the public interest to proceed.

I truly feel to this day that had I not taken the action I did I would not be here today, friends often wonder why I still do the job but the truth is I have always enjoyed it, ok some folks get a bit mouthy but 99.9999% of the time its just noisy banter.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

During the ensuing struggle I received 4 knife injuries to my right arm, 1 in my left shoulder and 1 in my left thigh, I was able to disarm him and he got 2 knife injuries to his chest. Police, Ambulance and work colleagues turned up. I was initially charged with aggravated assault as the CPS believed I went above and beyond self defence by using his own knife on him twice to the chest, even though I had been injured 6 times. After about 5 months of this hanging over me charges were dropped as it was not in the public interest to proceed.

Just the sort of injustice i mean,its a load of crap when after what you have been through the police put you through more.
Keith
Keith

Post by Keith on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

I forgot to add that the guy involved was known to the police and although I had injured him it wasn't life threatening.

To be fair to the police who attended I always remember them being fine with me at the hospital and the custody suite, a couple even apologised for me being held there on christmas day when all I had done was protect myself whilst working.

I think that most officers at street level feel their hands are tied by all directives that come from their command structure, it must be so disillusioning for them to constantly arrest the same people week in, week out, for the same offences, these habitual criminals know the system inside out and how to work it to their benefit.

Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

lets hope we pull out of europe and get a grip of our own affairs in this country like law and order.I am sure most bobbies would love to get these scum bags off the street and have more powers to deal with them.
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:20 am

I'm at the moment having a bit of trouble with a group of teenagers , as there is a public lane down the side of my house witch leads to a farmers field and they have taken to having party's and bonfires ( near the main gas pump for the town) yelling and screaming till 4am I have asked nicely a couple of times but yes to no avail so the police said they could do nothing as they were on private land and the farmer is not bothered so one warning was given " pass here after ten you WILL be hosed , and other nasty things thing I could think of yea! no probs ha! no such luck they got ousted out by a gang of girls twice as worse so after telling them the same thing they found a alternate route to get there so I saved a big black bag full of my 3 dogs waste and emptied the contense were they sit and climb so they got covered the lads thought it amusing me to oops I went through the first Tottenham riots so I'm not going to let this lot get the better of me the rest of my neighbours thanked me but they never came to back me up at 4 in the morning while I was turfing them off Evil or Very Mad
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 6:36 am

Just seen a good one on the news an ex prisoner is fighting for the right of prisoners to get the vote,he is using the human rights platform.
Should just add he has served 25years for the manslaughter of his landlady with an axe, human rights my posterior Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 05 Apr 2020, 12:38 pm