Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Charming Words

The Admiral
The Admiral

Charming Words Empty Charming Words

Post by The Admiral on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

Quote from a certain other forum

I think for those that have been around a bit that this demonstrates why we had to get rid of a bit of rot a while back, that wanted to make a forum a <owners excusive>
Happy to say that we have moved on, and better for it, and as Dandy enthusists like ***+++ come and go, the one thing with the Dandy Forum, is that we have ethics, and we welcome all users, including families with children.

Don't know who they are referring to - noone on here surely affraid lol! Twisted Evil We're all much to nice and friendly and welcoming to tent owners VW owners you name it Charming Words 1710857839 ! Don't think I'm going to bother visiting that forum again!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Charming Words Empty Re: Charming Words

Post by mike on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:26 pm

The Admiral wrote:Quote from a certain other forum

I think for those that have been around a bit that this demonstrates why we had to get rid of a bit of rot a while back, that wanted to make a forum a <owners excusive>
Happy to say that we have moved on, and better for it, and as Dandy enthusists like ***+++ come and go, the one thing with the Dandy Forum, is that we have ethics, and we welcome all users, including families with children.

Don't know who they are referring to - noone on here surely affraid lol! Twisted Evil We're all much to nice and friendly and welcoming to tent owners VW owners you name it Charming Words 1710857839 ! Don't think I'm going to bother visiting that forum again!

Interesting Jayne,those that where there at the time will know the truth, new members wont care,must admit its been nearly two months since i bothered to look,hope the implication isn't that we dont welcome children because we do and as already been said in our launch statement we also welcome none dandy owners so long as they have friends who own dandys or an interest in them themselves.
Its a fine line between being a dandy forum but not excluding interested potential owners or people who have owned them in the past but can no longer cope, or a camping forum under the dandy banner,hope we have the balance right,only members can answer that.

mike
Keith
Keith

Post by Keith on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

As someone who was a member on both, albeit for a short while before the "coup" for want of a better expression, I find that banter on this side of the fence far friendler than the other side. It always seemed a little bit too clicky and geared towards another group of users rather than a Dandy forum, almost as if it was there purely for the benefit of a select group.

All the above is purely gained from my limited knowledge of both groups but I know where I'm happy contributing if I have anything to say.

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 8:00 pm

I am also a member on both and also saw the mentioned quote, I'm pleased it has been highlighted.

As a new member, it wasn't hard to work out something had occured, but I was quite shocked and think it's a rude thing to put, it's very childish and clearly still a sore point.

I know where the humour and banter is, I like humour. Very Happy
Faceman
Faceman

Post by Faceman on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

Very childish if you ask me. I like this forum and Jayne's always keeping me updated as to what's going on. Just ignore them.
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

our 1st meet had a family in a VW Camper join us,it was a great weekend,our 2nd meet had the VW Camper join as well as a tent another great weekend Smile
Meets arranged on this forum are for members of this forum there are no stipulations regarding type of accommodation we welcome families,friends and pets if allowed.
It is possible that if someone wants to organise a Dandy only meet on this forum then they can do so openly its fine.
We wont however be organising meets with other forums,if you come to a Dandy Campers meet you will know that its members from this forum and not made up of a large contingency of members from other forums.
We also have no plans to raise money or anything like that our aim is to keep things simple and to just camp with people who respect camp site rules and like the relaxing Dandy way of life even if they are in a Caravan,Tent,VW etc. Very Happy
Happy days
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 9:22 pm

Charming Words 1710857839 Charming Words 3517506835 Charming Words 2702329197

Last edited by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : peace agreement)
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm

oh dear jayne,
sorry to hear you have been banned from the other forum i would hope people could be allowed to be members of both Sad
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:05 pm

Don't really mind Vicki I asked to be deleted as a member. Rarely go on there anymore anyway to much fun to be had on here lol!
Faceman
Faceman

Post by Faceman on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:09 pm

Edited

Last edited by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : peace agreement)
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:49 pm

Edited

Last edited by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : peace agreement)
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 02 Oct 2011, 6:21 am

Lets hope we can keep things in perspective i am as guilty as any one else for referring to the other forum for lack of a better description,this sounds like the whole membership which clearly isn't the case,the majority of members on there are fantastic people who just want to enjoy there dandy's in a convivial atmosphere, let down by a few who wont let sleeping dogs lie.
I feel sure that incorrect, misleading, and derogatory posts like the above will keep appearing originated as i say by a small insignificant minority,i would like to take this opportunity to apologise to any members off the "other forum" who may have misunderstood our use of the "other forum" phrase.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 02 Oct 2011, 2:09 pm

I've just returned home from Wales,

Charming Words 2024858757 so sorry for members of both forums that this keeps on rearing it's head I hope in time it will stop.

Last edited by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : peace agreement)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 08 Aug 2020, 4:06 pm