Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Euro lottery

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Euro lottery Empty Euro lottery

Post by mike on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

With an estimated £100 million pounds jackpot is it just me that finds this obscene and unnecessary,all right i have bought my ticket and wont panic if i win, in fact i may treat every one to an extra dandycampers sticker Very Happy or start a dandy camping museum lol! but that's one hell of a lot of money.
It may be tax free but the chancellor is going to end up with an awful lot of it in his coffers,gifts to family and friends will be taxable you will pay tax on every thing you buy and then when you die the remainder will be taxed,apart from what you can smuggle out in a suitcase Euro lottery 2702329197

mike

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Euro lottery Empty Re: Euro lottery

Post by Eilis on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

i'm sure i could cope with the burden lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

John would probably own a caravan or lodge in every town around the edge of the coast ............ and a huge motorhome that is too big to get under lots of bridges and we would end up travelling for miles just to get around them, I would get fed up and then we would end up arguing because I would have told him that he would have problems if he bought one that big........... he would end up sleeping in the motor home on his own while I booked into a hotel with a headache from arguing then poor Bailey would end up caught up in the middle of a bitter divorce Crying or Very sad
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 6:47 pm

helen wrote:

John would probably own a caravan or lodge in every town around the edge of the coast ............ and a huge motorhome that is too big to get under lots of bridges and we would end up travelling for miles just to get around them, I would get fed up and then we would end up arguing because I would have told him that he would have problems if he bought one that big........... he would end up sleeping in the motor home on his own while I booked into a hotel with a headache from arguing then poor Bailey would end up caught up in the middle of a bitter divorce Crying or Very sad

given that you think that's the outcome if you won, i'm assuming that you don't buy lottery tickets Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 6:50 pm

Of course we do .............. I already know the pitfalls and can make sure that he doesn't get such a big motor home now I've thought about it and know the consequences. Very Happy
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 6:53 pm

helen wrote:Of course we do .............. I already know the pitfalls and can make sure that he doesn't get such a big motor home now I've thought about it and know the consequences. Very Happy

lol! lol! lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

One winner and it wasn't me Rolling Eyes
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:58 am

Might have been me Very Happy
lynn83
lynn83

Post by lynn83 on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

Wasn't me but I would give loads away if ever I did win it and it was that much. I would be happy with my mortgage paid, enough to give up my job and not worry about bills.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:18 pm

i thought it was me.......... i had the first 3 nos then.......... the 4th was one off and i wasn't sure if i'd read it right, by this point i had blurry vision, my heart was racing........ i glanced at my lucky stars yes i had one of those too! now my knees are week, my palms sweaty..............i won 8.50
i'd be unconcious by the time i got to the end of the row if i ever did win big lol!
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:09 pm

Wasn't us either, didn't even get one number. Sad

Hence been cutting up fire wood for the winter, to save on oil bills.
Had the chain saw and big Bertha our circular saw out. The sort you see in horror films. affraid
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:23 pm

Phoenix wrote:Wasn't us either, didn't even get one number. Sad

Had the chain saw and big Bertha our circular saw out. The sort you see in horror films. affraid

If the wood is for a stove I've got access to some really cheap solid fuel @ £170.00 Tonne. You might need to get one or two others to club in to get the same delivered price but it's dirt cheap.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:27 am

He who cuts own fire wood gets warm twice with it Very Happy
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:02 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

If the wood is for a stove I've got access to some really cheap solid fuel @ £170.00 Tonne. You might need to get one or two others to club in to get the same delivered price but it's dirt cheap.

Thanks for that Kevin, would they ship it across the country though. The wood is for our woodburner, it was very cheap as it was a couple of our own trees we felled a couple of years ago and left to season. The rest was some pallets and old wooden flooring we had accumilated through the year.

Mike as far as getting warm twice, it was three or four times if you count cutting the trees down and clearing up the brush wood in the first place. bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 09 Aug 2020, 11:56 pm