Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Christmas Meet 2011

Cazz
Cazz

Christmas Meet 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Meet 2011

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:47 am

mike wrote:
cazz wrote: Christmas Meet 2011 - Page 3 2792229418 Christmas Meet 2011 - Page 3 2792229418 Christmas Meet 2011 - Page 3 2792229418

Three was very very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very helpful. The wifi unit was faulty and the netbook wifi settings were all skiwiff, they spent half an hour sorting it out for me.

I am going to contact their head office to say thank you, I feel they went above what they needed to do. santa

rendeer

Three get some bad press but when i got my phone the guy at the shop said it was easy to tether but if i had any problems take the phone and laptop to him and he would sort it in the shop,that's what we need customer service

I think a lot of their bad press is through the call centres etc, when you are dealing with foreign lands and they don't always understand what you're asking.

Face to face practical help is what I usually need, lets hope that keeps increasing in shops, like the 'good old days' lol.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

hi everyone I have spoken to northey lodge re our booking over Christmas and have given them the dates you all intend to stay you will all be pitched together in a reserved area on site payment is by cash or cheque on arrival and is 14 pounds per unit per night also if you could contact site directly they would like a fax or email from each of you with a copy of id but it is not a necessity but you will need a form of id on arrival if not sent previously,
although nick and I cant stay now due to work commitments we will be calling in for the day on our way home from his mam's but will ring Eilis and confirm time and hopefully we'll get to see you all even if only for a short while santa rendeer santa NOT LONG NOW XX
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

vickoir wrote:hi everyone I have spoken to northey lodge re our booking over Christmas and have given them the dates you all intend to stay you will all be pitched together in a reserved area on site payment is by cash or cheque on arrival and is 14 pounds per unit per night also if you could contact site directly they would like a fax or email from each of you with a copy of id but it is not a necessity but you will need a form of id on arrival if not sent previously,
although nick and I cant stay now due to work commitments we will be calling in for the day on our way home from his mam's but will ring Eilis and confirm time and hopefully we'll get to see you all even if only for a short while santa rendeer santa NOT LONG NOW XX

Oh is that why Nancy is stacking clothes on the small table and getting things ready,we must be going dandying cheers cheers cheers
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

vickoir wrote:hi everyone I have spoken to northey lodge re our booking over Christmas and have given them the dates you all intend to stay you will all be pitched together in a reserved area on site payment is by cash or cheque on arrival and is 14 pounds per unit per night also if you could contact site directly they would like a fax or email from each of you with a copy of id but it is not a necessity but you will need a form of id on arrival if not sent previously,

Thank you. It's a shame you have to work, but it will be great to meet you, if only briefly. cheers santa rendeer

We've bought the old arthritic dog a special animal microwave hot pad thing which stays warm for 10 hours, for Christmas, but he has had it early. santa
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:16 pm

cazz wrote:

Thank you. It's a shame you have to work, but it will be great to meet you, if only briefly. cheers santa rendeer

We've bought the old arthritic dog a special animal microwave hot pad thing which stays warm for 10 hours, for Christmas, but he has had it early. santa

yes be nice to meet you both too and very intreted to see your microwaveable dog pad as my dogs not arthritic but is a fire hog lol!
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:03 pm

Vicky as it's a long time since the "sites" site has been featured I should be sending my booking details [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
Not having last minute wobbles about the cost but please remind me. As the site features a Camping And Caravaning Club logo is there a discount for being a member or a surcharge for not being?
Being both inquisitive and not a little bolshy I'm puzzled about the need for ID. My first thought is that I've never been asked for ID on a UK campsite. Will I be turned away if i fail to bring a suitable form of ID? On reflection though I'm wondering is this an East Anglian thing (Does this qualify as East Anglia) and the campsites get turned over by immigration people in search of foreign gangs of agricultural workers?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:38 pm

Just asking a question, and making no promises.

Do you have to be booked in to attend this meet? Or can you turn up for just one night, with ID.

It really will be weather permitting as we are not winterized. This would be only our second outing.
We are not hardened campers like the rest of you, even our dogs are whimps when it comes to cold weather!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:40 pm

Kevin i think the id is because the wardens wont be on site and the owners want to be sure they are not getting transit vans and caravans if you know what i mean Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

Phoenix wrote:Just asking a question, and making no promises.

Do you have to be booked in to attend this meet? Or can you turn up for just one night, with ID.

It really will be weather permitting as we are not winterized. This would be only our second outing.
We are not hardened campers like the rest of you, even our dogs are whimps when it comes to cold weather!

Will let vicky answer as she is the only one to have talked to the site.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

Phoenix wrote:Just asking a question, and making no promises.

i would imagine that would be ok given the time of year Smile email them and ask

i'm not a hardened camper at all, only been camping a couple of years so i'm hoping the dandy is nice and toasty with the improvised insulation.

i plan to sort out the underfloor heating soon as i'm sure that will help cold weather camping in the future Smile
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 8:37 pm

hi id is for the very reason mike put due to the fact that the wardens finish 5pm xmas eve there is the site owner there for emergencies but obviously he wants to enjoy xmas too.

no you dont need to be booked but if you are planning on turning up after xmas eve and before new years eve you will need to let me know so i can just let them know as said earlier they finish xmas eve til new year rendeer santa rendeer

as for camping caravan club discount dont know i never asked but i'm sure if you ring them they will let you know
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 9:44 pm

Kevin, the site is a Camping and Caravanning club listed site, not an actual club site. Gosh, that's a big link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:46 pm

vickoir wrote:
cazz wrote:

yes be nice to meet you both too and very intreted to see your microwaveable dog pad as my dogs not arthritic but is a fire hog lol!

This is the heat pad, and the best price I could find for it.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

I emailed the site yesterday to introduce myself and explain i couldn't send ID as my scanner is down and got the following reply.

Hi Mike and Nancy,

Many thanks for your email. Sorry to hear your scanner is not working, please may we have a note of your home address for our records, and a home telephone number.

If for any reason you decide not to come, please would you let us know as soon as possible. The overnight rate will be £14.00 for each unit with two occupants and electric hook-up. Unfortunately we do not accept card payments, only cash or cheques, which will be payable in advance. The Office as you know will be closed from the 24th December until the New Year, so although the owner lives on site, no help will be available during your stay.

We wish you a very Happy Christmas and New Year. Enjoy.

Kind regards

Ime surprised they take cheques as i thought the guarantee system was finished to be fair to them i will take cash.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:32 pm

Could you not photograph the bus pass and email that as an attachment?

I think I will introduce myself via email this evening, I can't believe it's upon us.

Has everyone contacted santa with a new delivery address? lol!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

One extreme to the other a while ago i feared we would have to work between Christmas and new year then they said it was unlikely today the manager said we need you today and tomorrow what do you want to do the rest of the week,stupid question that we said stay at home,so the Christmas holiday starts at 2pm tomorrow cheers cheers cheers we may go on the 22nd now just have to see if we can get some fresh turkey breasts that only need to be in a fridge and are dated for Christmas,instead of the frozen ones we have.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:40 pm

mike wrote:One extreme to the other a while ago i feared we would have to work between Christmas and new year then they said it was unlikely today the manager said we need you today and tomorrow what do you want to do the rest of the week,stupid question that we said stay at home,so the Christmas holiday starts at 2pm tomorrow cheers cheers cheers we may go on the 22nd now just have to see if we can get some fresh turkey breasts that only need to be in a fridge and are dated for Christmas,instead of the frozen ones we have.

cheers that's excellent.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:26 pm

cazz wrote:Could you not photograph the bus pass and email that as an attachment?

I think I will introduce myself via email this evening, I can't believe it's upon us.

Has everyone contacted santa with a new delivery address? lol!

Yes Cazz contact through email might be a good idea.
I've just tried to phone as that's a better medium for two way conversation.
Well it might have been if I was speaking to someone else.
1st off the guy spoke three words then cut me off. Fair enough he could have dealt with me at some previous point in time.
Phoned back, apparently he was having issues when connecting through bluetooth.
Think we'd have made better contact having Doris Stokes as an intermediary and thats allowing for the fact she's been dead for years.
True I didn't know the surname Vicky had booked under but the mental dexterity displayed made me think I'd phoned North wales by mistake.
He believes however that the number 2 is in charge of this so they will call me back tomorrow.

The clamouring for fish or steak & kidney pud has been underwhelming, so do I take it I'll not be doing a mass poisoning in a fish & chip shop style?
Has everyone contacted santa with a new delivery address?
Not to worry about the lack of chimney as Santa will be coming in through the window. See:

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 6:49 am

mike wrote:One extreme to the other a while ago i feared we would have to work between Christmas and new year then they said it was unlikely today the manager said we need you today and tomorrow what do you want to do the rest of the week,stupid question that we said stay at home,so the Christmas holiday starts at 2pm tomorrow cheers cheers cheers we may go on the 22nd now just have to see if we can get some fresh turkey breasts that only need to be in a fridge and are dated for Christmas,instead of the frozen ones we have.

The only constant at our works is change,they didn't need us so we came home cheers cheers cheers Christmas starts now 14 days off.

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 7:01 am

Christmas Meet 2011 - Page 3 2792229418 Christmas Meet 2011 - Page 3 2792229418 Christmas Meet 2011 - Page 3 2792229418
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 7:34 am

the booking is in the name of shields all
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:13 am

That's good news Mike. cheers

I emailed my electric bill last night, with a message saying that I was Cazz from the dandycampers, I had a reply back within five minutes saying thank you. santa
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:59 am

The weather looks like it's going to be good to everyone and more like spring than Christmas sunny all have a safe journey and a lovely time rendeer
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 9:38 am

cazz wrote:That's good news Mike. cheers

I emailed my electric bill last night, with a message saying that I was Cazz from the dandycampers, I had a reply back within five minutes saying thank you. santa

Thought you wanted them to pay it Very Happy
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

mike wrote:
cazz wrote:That's good news Mike. cheers

Thought you wanted them to pay it Very Happy

I wish, worth a try though. santa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:22 pm