Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:59 am

The links are very easy Lorraine, Just highlight and copy the address bar via your copy button, come back to Dandy campers, press reply put your text that you want in the reply box and then paste your link.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by mike Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

This could be a bargain at £550,even with zips that need replacing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

Destiny with new upholstery

A 70's Dandy still at a low price

carl
    carl

Post by carl Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:00 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:
    I don't know how to do the links but there is a 2002 dandy destiny on ebay for £2,695 being sold by country campers.

Looks really nice and has a small cupboard instead of a wardrobe, which i havn't seen before.
    lol!

i had a chance of buying this from the original owners they came down to £1600 but i still declined
    i wont put in on the public forum as i know the seller and he is a real nice chap
    but if anyone wants to know why i declined pm me
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

No picture yet but sounds like it could be a good buy

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Dandy 6 trailer tent for sale

Post by Helen Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:17 pm

Brown 6 without a dandy awning

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Winterised Dandy Dart For Sale

Post by Helen Thu 28 Jul 2011, 6:21 pm

Pale blue and white Dandy dart with a buy it now price and insulated walls but again no awning

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Dandy Dart with gas struts

Post by Helen Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

Dandy Dart with gas struts and unusual awning and a buy it now price

Brown Dandy with a non dandy porch awning and very nice looking interior

Brown Dandy 6 with full awning, buy it now for £950 or make an offer

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Dandy 5 berth

Post by Helen Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:41 am

Brown Dandy ....... 5 berth with awning bargain price of £600

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sat 30 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

rare Dandy dash [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the date is incorrect as these were only made from 2007/8
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 31 Jul 2011, 5:24 am

NickB wrote:rare Dandy dash [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the date is incorrect as these were only made from 2007/8

Shame they came too late to help save riva

No solid door but as you can see this doesn't spoil them,the solid door gives a false impression of security any way,the idea was it allowed you to buy a new one at a lower price and still use loads of the gear you had collected probably tenting.

This one looks in good condition and as nick said the date isn't correct

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sun 31 Jul 2011, 10:51 am

i have noticed the hoop type roof bars are not solid,if you look at the picture it looks like the bar is in more than 2 pieces.I am wondering if you have to reduce the length of the bar when you pack away as it looks higher than the bed is wide?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

Dear All

"Unique" Designer for sale.

Three extra windows. Does there come a point where this is negating the winterising?
    There was a brown one (with brown roof) for sale the other week. The bed end window had gone opaque.
    Windows on walls not covered by awnings, or any window if you never use awnings. Is there a general issue with them going opaque over time. I suppose it would be high use Dandys used in sunny parts that were most vulnerable, if any?

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Dear All

Three extra windows. Does there come a point where this is negating the winterising?
    There was a brown one (with brown roof) for sale the other week. The bed end window had gone opaque.
    Windows on walls not covered by awnings, or any window if you never use awnings. Is there a general issue with them going opaque over time. I suppose it would be high use Dandys used in sunny parts that were most vulnerable, if any?

Kevin.

Good point that about the extra windows,more single pvc less double,our first delta had seen a lot of use with a dandy club member,the windows on it and the awning where still perfect.

mike
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 31 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Dear All

Looks like a nice one and at £1,400 inc the awning is good value for money, might have given it some thought if I had £1,400 spare (unfortunately I don't) Very Happy
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Mines for sale :-(

Post by Kimmie Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:07 pm

Hiya folks
    It is with heavy heart that I've got to let Maurice go.

Due to my persistent back probs it makes more sense for me to let it go to someone who'll get more use out of him.

Inlaws have donated us a tin tent so im still gonna be camping as such. Just without the familiar PVC.
    Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested.

Thanks for all your help with info. You're a great bunch :-)
    Kimmie

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:27 pm

Kimmie wrote:Hiya folks

Due to my persistent back probs it makes more sense for me to let it go to someone who'll get more use out of him.

Inlaws have donated us a tin tent so im still gonna be camping as such. Just without the familiar PVC.

Kimmie

I'm so sorry to hear this Kimmie, at least you still get to enjoy camping even if not in a dandy Sad best of luck xxx
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 01 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

Kimmie wrote:Hiya folks

Kimmie

That makes you fit the bill for a none dandy owner who is welcome to join us any time you like,we would have a warm welcome for you your partner and your tin tent,its the love of dandys that counts.

mike
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 5 Empty Maurice :-)

Post by Kimmie Mon 01 Aug 2011, 8:17 pm

Just to add that it was sold, but the lady couldn't complete the purchase due to financial problems. She's ot the first and prob won't be the last. I just hope someone will be as understanding if it happens to be me :-)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

Kimmie I am sorry to hear you have to let Maurice go Sad but as Mike says you are still always welcome to join us, I know about back problems and can understand why you have opted for the tin tent I do hope you find a good home for your Dandy and will still visit the site to have a natter, we can still chat about how to titivate your new holiday home cheers
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:12 am

Dear All

Three new ones on ebay

A Designer, no picture no real information.

A Designer, no picture of the mark they mention. No awning?

A late 80's early 90's 4, no relation to the truth.

I do wonder if I'm getting jaundiced.

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:44 am

This could be well worth a look,think i may have posted it before but now there is a picture

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 06 Aug 2011, 11:29 am

Dear All

Whats the difference between:

Link removed due to description confusion

And

Link removed due to description confusion

To save you all checking the original ad ends in.
    On 26-Jul-11 at 16:54:55 BST, seller added the following information:

Just realised that I forgot to mention one other minor fault onthe camper. The wardrobe door has damge to the veneer. It is under the teatowel on the picture so you can see that it is not a major fault but one I wanted to point out.

Also it has a new tyre as we had a puncture and replaced one of the tyres but not the other. It has a spare wheel underneath too.

The re listed ad is.

There is some minor damage to the veneer on the wardrobe door and a 4" split in the bodywork near the offside wheel arch which has been repaired. I will add a photo asap.

Marginal difference!
    Mind you a high sided Destiny for £1,500 pounds the repair would have to be pants to to get picky over that. Either that or the awning didn't impress so the repair became the excuse to not buy?

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

Shame about the interior roof repairs but if they are well done and the price is right this may be worth it.

Interior roof damage is something that could happen to any of us even with care.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 06 Aug 2011, 2:20 pm

The difference a b makes,hidden in trailer tents £275 buy it now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:27 am