Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Eilis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:24 am

so how's it going Shaun? have you been successful?

i'm sure Mike will give you plenty of tips but it really depends how handy you are at fixing stuff Smile
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:48 am

Eilis wrote:so how's it going Shaun? have you been successful?

i'm sure Mike will give you plenty of tips but it really depends how handy you are at fixing stuff Smile

I'm just waiting for a response from the seller. I reckon it will be Sunday I drive there and back, will be a long day.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:51 am

true but the excitement of having your own dandy will make it fly by - i drove 3 1/2 hours each way to collect mine in the same day and just stopped for coffee and to look at the dandy up in his garden before setting off again lol

i'm really lucky that i got a decent dandy as it could have been a real pig given that i knew nothing, hadn't ever seen a dandy and had got up at stupid o'clock to set off in time lol!
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

Got this reply, she wants to ship it to me free, cash on delivery, seems to good to be true.

Any thoughts?

sry for the late reply but I was tied up with work outside of town. It is in good working condition. Would u agree with delivery ? because as I've mentioned I'm caught out of town with work commitments and I had left the trailer to a local courier this morning at my expense incl the shipping costs. If u agree with delivery I'll wait ur shipping address, delivery date preference & phone number as the agent will ring you with few minutes before delivering.

The trailer will get to u in approx 24 hours. You'll have to inspect and void the shipment if something's wrong and the courier will take it back if you don't sign for it, but everything is like I described so there shouldn't be any problems. For payment you'll need cash in hand. Thx
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

My first thought were, that sounds iffy, but then I thought if you're not paying up front, they can't do a runner with your money. Also, as already mentioned, even if the Dandy has a rubbish floor or other issues, then I feel for that price you will still get a good buy, as long as the pvc isn't damaged.

My method of deciding on such decision is go with your gut feeling. Not very scientific, but it gets me by. Hose that helps.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

I have gone with it, i also have the chance to reject the delivery if it is really bad, I now have visions of setting up a dandy in the street with no experience to check it over lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

Oh I don't know ............... could be that they are genuinely working away and it's easier for them to get someone to get it to you. Solves your collection problem, but I doubt you would be allowed it put it up before the courier took off with your money and signature saying it's all okay confused Or at that price would it be worth taking the risk as you don't have to rush to get a tow bar or pay for petrol scratch

It could be a calculated risk or the perfect solution and a bargain. On the other hand is the condition okay 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 2829330259
    Depends on if you can do any work required and keep the costs down if there are problems.

I wouldn't really like to say either way it has to be your decision, could be the best thing you ever did and you don't have to pay until it arrives either. What's the worst that can happen? you end up having to do some repairs or sell it on to recoup some of your money............. it's up to you if it's a gamble your prepared to take but it's not the most expensive gamble ever taken.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

Another thought, it's not the peak season for selling such things, perhaps the seller would rather sell it now rather than risk it still being with then next spring. You never know, they might work for a courier company, therefore get some special deals.

As Kevin said, you could be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck, have you watched the video clip on how to put it up. You will find you know more than you realise when you see it. Keep us posted. Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

ShaunJUK wrote:I have gone with it, i also have the chance to reject the delivery if it is really bad, I now have visions of setting up a dandy in the street with no experience to check it over lol

I wonder if someone is willing to come and help, if they are free at the time. Very Happy

Some times you just have to take a risk Shaun and it could just be that they want it sold before winter sets in affraid

I'm sure you will get lots of advice from members who have done lots of work on their Dandy's to help overcome any problems and that's if there are any. cheers

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:40 am

OK, I'll pass FedEx your shipping details immediately. You should receive an notification from them with the shipment guarantee, package return policies & also important guidelines ( please go through them).

I'm glad we sorted this out so fast as I'm pretty busy with work at the moment(I work as clothes designer).

Thank you

P.S. You can also reply directly to fedex emails to appoint an date&time suitable for the delivery.

Eek
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:45 am

This is a scam, had a quick search, will see how it plays out but this isn't gonna be my dandy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

ShaunJUK wrote:
    OK, I'll pass FedEx your shipping details immediately. You should receive an notification from them with the shipment guarantee, package return policies & also important guidelines ( please go through them).

I'm glad we sorted this out so fast as I'm pretty busy with work at the moment(I work as clothes designer).

Thank you

P.S. You can also reply directly to fedex emails to appoint an date&time suitable for the delivery.

Eek

Good luck. bounce bounce bounce
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

ShaunJUK wrote:This is a scam, had a quick search, will see how it plays out but this isn't gonna be my dandy

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 2829330259 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 2829330259 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 2829330259

How can that be if you don't hand cash over until you see it scratch

the one you originally looked at is still there as is the green one. Go with what you feel comfortable with Shaun 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 3498837457
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:01 pm

helen wrote:
    ShaunJUK wrote:This is a scam, had a quick search, will see how it plays out but this isn't gonna be my dandy

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 2829330259 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 2829330259 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 2829330259

the one you originally looked at is still there as is the green one. Go with what you feel comfortable with Shaun 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 10 3498837457

Looking briefly into it there won't be a handover of cash, fedex will need payment before delivery paid by paypal or something lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

Don't PayPal offer some sort of purchase protection Question
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:08 pm

helen wrote:Don't PayPal offer some sort of purchase protection Question
    I meant paypoint lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:09 pm

Tell her you want to collect if you are still interested, but like I said the others are still there and you can collect them yourself. Shocked
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:15 pm

If you paid paypoint with your credit card because its over £101 would you not be covered by your credit card?
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:17 pm

Covering myself because it's a scam doesn't stop it being one
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

Problem is that if it doesn't work out well then the one you really liked in the first place will have sold by then Sad

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 04 Oct 2011, 2:45 pm

Well ime going to put a spanner in the works i wouldn't touch that situation with a barge pole,i may be wrong but its all too good to be true and you know what they say about that.Sorry but it just doesn't sit right with me for one thing why tell you what they do for a living clothes designer sounds like a come on i have a very respectable job,the easiest conns are the ones for relatively small amounts of money that make people think its worth the risk.

Sorry but have to give my gut feelings on this

mike
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

mike wrote:Well ime going to put a spanner in the works i wouldn't touch that situation with a barge pole,i may be wrong but its all too good to be true and you know what they say about that.Sorry but it just doesn't sit right with me for one thing why tell you what they do for a living clothes designer sounds like a come on i have a very respectable job,the easiest conns are the ones for relatively small amounts of money that make people think its worth the risk.

Sorry but have to give my gut feelings on this

mike

It's going no further mike, I will post the emails later so you can all be aware ofhow the scam works
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
    helen wrote:

Looking briefly into it there won't be a handover of cash, fedex will need payment before delivery paid by paypal or something lol

Now this latest bit has come to light, it does put a new slant on it. I would agree not to part with any money without seeing it.

Your Dandy will just turn up, mine did and several others have.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

Shaun i dont know your camping history but if its been tents or trailer tents then dont worry too much about will i like a dandy and buy too cheap in case you dont,also i dont know how many will be going but if its two then the 4/5 berths will be comfortable but would still benefit from some outside living space ie an awning or a utility tent for storing gear and the cool box or fridge.
    I highly recommend the 6 double bed dining area and settee all at the same time.

As for what spec i would put fully insulated at the top of your list,this in my mind makes all year camping that bit more comfortable,my first one had this and it makes them so cool in the summer and warm in the winter,all right my 6 isn't insulated but i knew fully the ins and outs before i bought it and was prepared to insulate it one way or another,the under floor heater is great but it would not be the deciding point for me as i always use electric on site for my little luxury's laptop,fan in the summer,no need to mess with battery's or gas lights,electric kettle,oven,fridge or cool box in the winter,my 6 has under floor heating and i havent even tried it yet,i know they are good my last one had it i used it once.

Again i dont know your budget but £500-£700 should get you a insulated brown and white one most likely with awning.
    Better mention the green and orange ones there are some real bargains with these uninsulated i know but you could add some insulation,just a personnel thing this but those two colours with the awning look great as the awning is a nice curved shape at the front.

mike
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Heres a new one, no much in the decription though, lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:25 pm