Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Tow Itch Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:21 am

Mike.

If you read the text more closely.
    ALSO WE HAVE PUT A VINYL FLOOR FOR EASY CLEANING. But!
    IT IS MADE WITH A HEAVY DUTY VILYL ROOF.
    Well you might not be at ease with what the roof but they must think they made a right mess if they think it's vile!
    Also ebay double speak.

[THERE IS NO BUY IT NOW SORRY I WANT THE AUCTION TO RUN] PICK UP ONLY FROM GELLI R C T CF417NA

THE DANDY IS ADVERTISED ELSE WHERE SO I WILL REMOVE FROM E BAY IF SOLD

Read. I want to see if a selling frenzy develops but if not I will end up "selling" it else were!

If it would have had a bid above reserve wouldn't that be against ebay rules!

Yet at £500 don't think they would have got more elsewhere.

Any bets on seeing it re listed?

Kevin.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Tow Itch Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

Dear All

Don't know how many seconds this was on for?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Dear All

Don't know how many seconds this was on for?

Kevin.

Not long i bet
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:58 pm

What a bargain someone did well to press the buy it now button on that one.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:57 am

Nice dart looks to be insulated,

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:44 am

The Dart also has 12 v electrics and sun canopy

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:51 am

Blue and white Dart on preloved with awning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

£1,500

Blue and white dandy dart 4 berth with full awning, cooker, sink with water pump. Underfloor heating and insulated roof. Easy to erect and light weight to tow it has been garage stored, ill health forces sale.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:55 am

Destiny on preloved

£3,000

1997. Blue and white 6 birth (two double and one king size). Good condition with extras including electrics, electricity points and made to measure awning also blue and white.

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:27 am

There is this 60's one on ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you think the wheels/axle have been modified, or could they be original? I've never seen a 60's one with the wheels underneath. I've emailed the seller with a few questions. Thanks for reading.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

The wheel arches look home made or replaced
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

It looks a nice little unit and for it's age it wouldn't be surprising if someone had changed it a bit.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

Not sure of the time scale but you could at one time specify in or out board wheels i think
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

Yes you could Mike at a cost but as you say I'm not sure when exactly. If the unit is good and solid though would it really matter that much after all if they have been replaced then that may be down to good maintenance, it is bound to have had a few bits done over the past 40 years.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

Cazz wrote:There is this 60's one on ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you think the wheels/axle have been modified, or could they be original? I've never seen a 60's one with the wheels underneath. I've emailed the seller with a few questions. Thanks for reading.

Just been looking at a 70s brochure and recessed wheels where optional on the 4 berth and 4/5 berth but standard on the 5 and 6 berth,this one looks like a 5 berth.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

i think it may have something to do with legal widths of a trailer,i am not sure but when the dandy's go over a certain width internal arches are standard.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

Thanks for the replies, now I've seen a photo not the size of a stamp, I can clearly see it is a 5 berth. It will be interesting to see how much it fetches. It is the first 60's 5 I've seen.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:57 am

On preloved and updated only 4 days ago

Private Advert
    Price: £675 ono
    Updated: 4 days ago
    Description

For sale is my 1980's Dandy trailer tent in brown which sleeps 4 people on 2 double beds, and a small adult or child on the bench/bed. It has a hob/grill and a sink. It also has lots of cupboard space. There is an awning included. The trailer itself is in good condition for the year with no obvious signs of corrosion. If you require pictures just let me know.

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:58 am

good price with an awning Smile especially at this time of the season
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:14 am

It is a good price for this time of year and the awning is a big bonus. Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

On preloved and updated only 4 days ago

Private Advert
    Price: £675 ono
    Updated: 4 days ago
    Description

For sale is my 1980's Dandy trailer tent in brown which sleeps 4 people on 2 double beds, and a small adult or child on the bench/bed. It has a hob/grill and a sink. It also has lots of cupboard space. There is an awning included. The trailer itself is in good condition for the year with no obvious signs of corrosion. If you require pictures just let me know.

Dear All

Viewed this a few days ago and just written a review.
    However at preview site told me to log in.
    Can't be arsed to rewrite.
    If your thinking of viewing PM me and I'll phone.
    You can then have the benefit of my considerable lack of knowledge.

Kevin.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

Kevin, your considerably lack of knowledge made me laugh. Sounds like me. Very Happy

This one is on ebay today [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No exterior pics, as yet and no mention of an awning.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

Cazz wrote:Kevin, your considerably lack of knowledge made me laugh. Sounds like me. Very Happy

This one is on ebay today [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think i would need to see more detailed pictures to asses the quality of the renovation,the pictures on at the moment do nothing for me.

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

mike wrote:
    Cazz wrote:Kevin, your considerably lack of knowledge made me laugh. Sounds like me. Very Happy

Think i would need to see more detailed pictures to asses the quality of the renovation,the pictures on at the moment do nothing for me.

mike

Or me, the kitchen desribed isn't shown either. Why do people advertise things with poor pictures? But it does say more to follow, they will hopefully prove more enlightening.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

Dear All

Yes the item is headed as Look & Read.

Think he might have visited "Speak and Spell" first.

Apparently the blue sides are from a friend who does curtain side trailers.

He had the frame shear so as it was worthless it was then re framed but in 3mm sided tube.

Kevin.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:56 pm

Ther's this blue and white on ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by cazz on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pasted wrong link.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:18 pm