Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Would you miss the interweb

sog2

Would you miss the interweb Empty Would you miss the interweb

Post by sog2 on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:23 pm

Being nearer 60 than 50 (old dog – new tricks and all that) I did not think that being without the interweb would be a problem. Having just had the best part of 3 months without it, one thing going wrong after another, I have to admit that YEP, I did miss it!!
Mind, you, all those little jobs on the Dandy, in the garden and the house that needed doing and that I am still physically able to do got done !
We can now catch-up on old topics and can retrieve the address to send off for a sticker, if there are any left.
Regards
Richard
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Would you miss the interweb Empty Re: Would you miss the interweb

Post by Eilis on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:41 pm

last year i was without the net for about 3 or 4 weeks and it was only then that i came to realise how much i use it now at home lol

it was astonishing how much i use it but i have to say i'm probably even worse now
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

sog2 wrote:Being nearer 60 than 50 (old dog – new tricks and all that) I did not think that being without the interweb would be a problem. Having just had the best part of 3 months without it, one thing going wrong after another, I have to admit that YEP, I did miss it!!
Mind, you, all those little jobs on the Dandy, in the garden and the house that needed doing and that I am still physically able to do got done !
We can now catch-up on old topics and can retrieve the address to send off for a sticker, if there are any left.
Regards
Richard

Sad to say i would miss it,more important to me than tv i belong 8 forums that cover my interests,since using the internet i haven't bought a magazine on any of my interests all the info is out there,i belong a small circle of people from all over the world and we exchange jokes on a regular basis,i never buy on line but use it for info ect before i make a purchase.I use google maps to view camp sites there position in relation to roads ect,ime 62 and finally got online about 10 years ago wouldn't want to not have it.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

I would get so much more done around the house without the interweb lol! I find that I nip on and off the lappy lots during the day and if there is anything I find interesting everything else stops. I have started to put my laptop back in it's bag whilst I get stuff done. I would miss it if I didn't have it although I have found myself in some strange situations because of it. Would you miss the interweb 3208163979
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:22 pm

well there's a story for the campfire Helen lol

i too should learn to put the laptop away as i flit back to it and get much less done than i need to
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

still have some stickers richard
sog2

Post by sog2 on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

thank you, will sort sae. got youngest grandson here today, so all else takes second place
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:59 pm

I would miss it very much, I waste many happy hours on it. I've learnt loads on various subjects, saved a fortune on vehicle, pet and house insurance. Made lots of virtual friends, some soon to be met in person. santa
recycle600
recycle600

Post by recycle600 on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

Dont you all find it a problem when you can access the internet from your phone what with emails,texting,video calling,reading,games etc.Even my wife who was not interested in any of it has become addicted since she had her iphone and now uses it when doing her crosswords etc on google and she never texted but now long text conversations and even facetime. What next?
Barrie
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:12 pm

recycle600 wrote:Dont you all find it a problem when you can access the internet from your phone what with emails,texting,video calling,reading,games etc.Even my wife who was not interested in any of it has become addicted since she had her iphone and now uses it when doing her crosswords etc on google and she never texted but now long text conversations and even facetime. What next?
Barrie

Not a problem i like the fact i can check the forum from nearly anywhere get emails while in tesco,the difference is now none of it is work related its all for pleasure Very Happy
recycle600
recycle600

Post by recycle600 on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:21 pm

Well Mike at least I know that none of mine is work related, at least not since june 1st this year.
Barrie
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:26 pm

recycle600 wrote:Well Mike at least I know that none of mine is work related, at least not since june 1st this year.
Barrie

Know what you mean i took early retirement at 54 and ditched the phone and my watch Very Happy only got a phone last Christmas just for the internet still dont have a watch but the phone can do that,i now work in a factory as little as possible with no responsibility for problems and its great.
recycle600
recycle600

Post by recycle600 on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

Yeah Great innit!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

recycle600 wrote:Yeah Great innit!

The only trouble is my wife packed her job in at the same time and we did agency work both together or not at all,we had some great jobs including a frid sat sun mon shift work 4 days and get paid for 5,this meant a 3 day mid week weekend for camping,then we did a few years moving bmw cars and autotrail motohomes,as we all know the economy took a turn for the worse so we where lucky to get 1 or two days that's when we went into a factory but the downside is its 5 days a week,well some weeks lol!
recycle600
recycle600

Post by recycle600 on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:59 pm

We wondered what we would do when we retired and by chance went to a camping exibition at a local garden centre near us and were both taken with the trailer tents but decided that at £6500 they were too expensive to buy on a whim so we bought a fremont 4 tent and the gear that went with it including 2 tripple height double airbeds and went camping again after 11 years, we found the tent too big and bought a smaller one which was fine but we really still fancied the trailer tents so started looking again. did not like the canvas trailer tents as we would have a problem putting one up at home so then looked at small caravans that could be pulled by an average family car.We found the sterkeman range which seemed to suit and went to safford to see the range at Freedom caravans and found what we wanted so we got one. I had not realised that Dandys were still around then so never gave them a thought. While I am not likely to sell my caravan I am likely to consider perhaps purchasing one from Riva in order to play with it and maybe convince my missus to use it sometimes as we plan on camping a lot next year and every year and hope to get together with different people in order to enjoy it more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 Apr 2020, 8:34 am