Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Very much a quiet time

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Very much a quiet time Empty Very much a quiet time

Post by mike on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 6:40 am

Always a bit quiet not a lot happening on the camping front,we have Christmas to look forward to either at home or camping but i do like to get these two months behind me so i can start planning next year,and looking forward to sunny beaches in Norfolk again.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Very much a quiet time Empty Re: Very much a quiet time

Post by Helen on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

To be honest I am looking forward to getting this year out of the way, it has been a busy year for us with few high points a lot of stress and massive lows, I lost my friend this year to cancer and I lost another who I thought was a friend but wasn't really as they showed their true colours in the end so no real loss there. We haven't used the dandy much this year but we did really enjoy Woodhall spa (even though we couldn't stay) and Trentfield was great, we met some new friends this year too ......... treading on eggshells when I first met Mike even though I had been moderating with him on another forum but I soon found out that we got on as well as we did in the virtual world and we were soon having a laugh and I found that the people I have met on this forum are just the same in real life as they are on here ........ very genuine down to earth folk who simply have a real interest in Dandy's Very much a quiet time 184121345

At some point next year we will get some work on the Dandy done but plan to get away as much as possible. The start of this forum was one of the high points following a bit of a stressful time that was unnecessary and looking back for me it came at a really bad time and was rather insignificant considering what we were going through here. I know it sounds like a lot of doom and gloom and at the time it was but I have learnt a lot this year and it makes you look at things and I plan to live life to the full from now on so plenty of Dandying next year for us and we also plan to try new places too. We always went to Wales with the Dandy and hadn't really tried anywhere else but the forum meets have shown us that there are a lot of nice places to visit and some fantastic campsites out there.

We are also considering getting a day van to tow the Dandy so we have the best of both but haven't decided which one we want yet. I am really looking forward to next year because we have decided that it belongs to us and the Dandy, John has even cut down on the overtime he works (he was a workaholic) so we can get away more and hopefully get to lots of meets so we do need to start planning an Easter meet and perhaps a few others too.
Coffee1
Coffee1

Post by Coffee1 on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

Very much a quiet time 2667980805 but think we should get a big motorhome, but if it has to be a day van then okay Sad

I also enjoyed the meets and the company too I found it all so laid back and relaxing and the sites were fantastic, and we will visit them again, my only complaint was the showers at trentfield were a bit aggressive. Shocked
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

Coffee1 wrote: Very much a quiet time 2667980805 but think we should get a big motorhome, but if it has to be a day van then okay Sad

I also enjoyed the meets and the company too I found it all so laid back and relaxing and the sites were fantastic, and we will visit them again, my only complaint was the showers at trentfield were a bit aggressive. Shocked

You need one of these for trentfield Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Those erm bingo bungo bengo or what ever there called make good day vans affraid
Coffee1
Coffee1

Post by Coffee1 on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

Your not joking there I really do need one Shocked
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

We are also considering getting a day van to tow the Dandy so we have the best of both but haven't decided which one we want yet. I am really looking forward to next year because we have decided that it belongs to us and the Dandy, John has even cut down on the overtime he works (he was a workaholic) so we can get away more and hopefully get to lots of meets so we do need to start planning an Easter meet and perhaps a few others too.

Think you could not do a better thing,i must have tried every type of British camping including the motor home,they are great but a real pain when you just want a trip out from the site,the absolute best all round was when we used our vw campers as day vans,when your not camping a day out is so much nicer when you can pull up anywhere and have a cup of tea and a bacon butty.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:49 am

I want a small camper so we can have days out whilst away with the Dandy ......... just park up somewhere for the day in comfort and like you say be able to have a hot drink and something to eat no matter where we are.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

helen wrote:I want a small camper so we can have days out whilst away with the Dandy ......... just park up somewhere for the day in comfort and like you say be able to have a hot drink and something to eat no matter where we are.

Even better in the winter we used to like to park up on the sea front and watch the rough water a bowl of soup French bread you cant beat it.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

I am decided and will get one, the right one will come along eventually and at least if we arrive on site in poor weather we can still brew up and wait for conditions to improve before erecting the Dandy.

For me it was a choice between getting a bigger and newer Dandy or keeping ours and getting a camper van but the van just makes sense as we are comfortable enough with the dandy we already have.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

helen wrote:I am decided and will get one, the right one will come along eventually and at least if we arrive on site in poor weather we can still brew up and wait for conditions to improve before erecting the Dandy.

For me it was a choice between getting a bigger and newer Dandy or keeping ours and getting a camper van but the van just makes sense as we are comfortable enough with the dandy we already have.

Extra fridge for booze as well,in our tenting days we used the camper for transport and ran a lead from the tent to the van to run the fridge.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

mike wrote:
Coffee1 wrote: Very much a quiet time 2667980805 but think we should get a big motorhome, but if it has to be a day van then okay Sad

You need one of these for trentfield Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Those erm bingo bungo bengo or what ever there called make good day vans affraid

Cracking vehicles them Bongo Friendees but before you run off and buy one I'd get the help and advice of those who know best, the current owners.

Just as if buying a Dandy the help of those who are in the know is probably of most use before you buy. I'd seriously consider looking out for a Bongo Friendee forum.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 4:46 pm

Oh I think not Kevin, perhaps a VW but no a bongo is not for us. I have seen one or two lol! and am not over keen on them. Funny how you can be put off something when it is perfectly suitable but personally I would rather try towing the dandy with a reliant robin that has trotters inc on the side of it. No offence to the nicer people who have bongo's who we have met and who take a pride in theirs and keep them very nice and tidy. Smile I would prefer a little more space.

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 6:31 pm

me too helen and if i was going to buy a camper van it would have to be a vw, just classic and lovely Smile
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

Eilis wrote:me too helen and if i was going to buy a camper van it would have to be a vw, just classic and lovely Smile

Molly is smiling widely Very much a quiet time 2829330259 (our campervan)

We saw an awesome firework display yesterday with the dog, whilst sat with a cuppa in the camper, everyone else paid to see them. Cool

That's a bit more of her paid for, lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

We will have one next season Cazz Very Happy

For now we are busy catching up on stuff around the house, so any repairs are getting done and exterior painting whilst it's dry then and when it's not we are doing stuff inside.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 5:36 pm

helen wrote:We will have one next season Cazz Very Happy

Very much a quiet time 2792229418 As already mentioned, do lots and lots or research and don't buy the first one you see.

Any thoughts as to which model you would like? I can point you in the right direction for info. What would your budget be? It's all very exciting. bounce
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 5:41 pm

We would like something with a larger engine Cazz and have a budget of £5000 but we can stretch that by a few thousand should the right one come along.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

You will get something good for that money. The petrol ones the same model as ours have more poke, the diesels have more MPG. The later T4's, the 90's model, have more speed etc, not sure on the MPG, but they have less room inside. scratch study

I see a Christmas meet conversation and viewing occurring, I've already promised Mike a cuppa. Wink

If you have any questions or need any pointers over the next few months, just ask. And try and view all the different ones, just like buying a Dandy.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:01 pm

Thanks Cazz, we would like it to have some umph but also as much space as possible just in case we ever want to use it for the night. I think we will be picking your brains quite a lot over the next few months. scratch Very much a quiet time 115684958
I would like something older and more classic looking that the newer ones if that makes sense
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

As cazz said you will get more space in a type 25 than a newer one and the other thing is if you get a two berth high top more cupboard space as well if i remember correctly.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:10 pm

It does. It a balance of cost, running costs, fuel consumption, space, winter use, what maintenance you can do yourself, etc etc etc. My advice for starters is write a list of needs, importance and desireabilities.

Would you consider LHD, scratch (Left hand drive) There is some lovely rust free ones available.

Feel free to pick my brains, that is their main knowledge, lol.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:16 pm

We have looked at some that are on ebay (not in the flesh though) and there seemed to be so many different types it can all get a bit confusing but at least we can be sure you will both let us know about them if we do find one we really like the look of and send you the details. We won't jump at the first one as we're not in a rush so have plenty of time. Not too sure about LHD but may consider it.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

mike wrote:As cazz said you will get more space in a type 25 than a newer one and the other thing is if you get a two berth high top more cupboard space as well if i remember correctly.

You do, our cupboard is massive. Somebody once said, "It cant be good to have stuff up there, you should get a tin top and a roof rack" Shocked Very much a quiet time 3462454224

LHD, you will have to have a go in ours at Christmas. I now get car sick driving a car. affraid
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

Thats good Cazz, that must mean as a passenger I wont cheers

We would love to see yours at Christmas thanks.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:36 pm

To be fair to John you would need a high top,standing with a bent neck doing the washing up is no fun lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 08 Aug 2020, 4:16 pm