Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

How was it for you

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

How was it for you Empty How was it for you

Post by mike on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 5:31 am

November the 5th firework night was a bit of a none event around here,obviously some fireworks but the sky was not as full as normal hard times i suppose.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

How was it for you Empty Re: How was it for you

Post by Eilis on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 8:37 am

quite a lot round here but all quiet by about 10 which makes a change
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Quite a few here, we are in a slightly elevated position and can see all of Manchester from the back of our property and I do enjoy to look out of the back window and see the fireworks in all directions but I don't think there were nearly as many in previous years.

The animals didn't really notice them, it's never been a problem for Bailey but the rabbits always get skittish but when we checked on them they were sprawled out and relaxed Laughing think that the motorway work that has lasted for months now has desensitised them to the bangs given off by fireworks as when they put the cats eyes in every friday night for the contra-flow it is continuous loud banging.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 2:37 pm

Our local council offices for the past 4/5 years have had an organized display. This year people seemed to have gone to this, as we had very few private fireworks going off. We will have to wait and see over the coming days!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

We used to take our kids to a massive bonfire at Heaton Park M/C every year and it was fabulous apart from getting stuck on the parking facilities a few times and I mean stuck in the mud Laughing The kids found it all very exciting even the being stuck and then sliding about all over the field in the car.

I think more councils should do organised events, the cost would probably be met with what it must cost the emergency services each and every year.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:40 pm

We've heard loads here for now 3 nights, it's probably because we are surrounded by poor people on benefits, Evil or Very Mad

But we did see a big organised event from the comforts of the camper last night. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 30 Mar 2020, 6:34 pm