Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Too much too soon

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Too much too soon Empty Too much too soon

Post by mike on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 7:31 am

Must say its my feeling when we get a incident like that dreadful motor way pile up with death and injury the reports on it go too far too soon,with descriptions of the way people dye before every one can be sure that friends or relatives are not involved,not saying these reports shouldn't happen its just i feel in there desperation to be the first news sources forget the human element.
We went through a spell of motorcycle accidents years ago and our local paper kept printing pictures of clearly identifiable motorbikes with the statement victims name withheld until relatives have been informed,i know on the time scale they should have been informed but obviously the paper wasn't sure when it went to print.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Too much too soon Empty Re: Too much too soon

Post by Eilis on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 8:02 am

I totally agree Mike, the press used to have respect for people but now it seems sensationalising the story is more important.

What happens if you didn't know family was travelling on the motorway and got caught out. Haven't looked at the pictures but I just feel it must have been awful to be involved. If you survived, you're never going to forget that and even the emergency service people must have been quite devastated by something so horrific.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 9:44 am

It's like when they say on the news 'a soldier has been killed in ....' and they only say at the end of the report that 'the family have been informed'. A friend of mine has a son who has done 2 tours of Afghanistan and even though she knows that they will say that at the end she says her heart is always in her throat until they do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 05 Apr 2020, 11:10 am