Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

Cazz
    Cazz

The twitter thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by Cazz Sat 21 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm

Eilis wrote:you know Cazz if i didn't have a strange shaped head i'd prob do the same lol

Mine is a bit on one side, hair gel is good. geek

Where is Kevin? He will definitely be thinking 'Queen of mean' The twitter thread - Page 7 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 22 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

Well I curled mine again myself and got carried away thinking it would drop out so ended up looking like Shirley Temple Embarassed I then took a comb to it to see if I could brush it out a bit and only ended up with BIG and I mean BIG hair. I don't think my rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody would be the same without my hair and air guitar.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 22 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

Would silicone spray help lol! it solves most problems
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 22 Jan 2012, 10:52 am

Damn why didn't I think of that The twitter thread - Page 7 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

Bargain 3D TV, I have just bought the smaller 37 inch one as this size would look a bit much in our room ........... excited we collect it from our local store on Wednesday. The twitter thread - Page 7 2792229418

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 23 Jan 2012, 4:38 pm

Helen wrote:Bargain 3D TV, I have just bought the smaller 37 inch one as this size would look a bit much in our room ........... excited we collect it from our local store on Wednesday. The twitter thread - Page 7 2792229418

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The twitter thread - Page 7 1428739134
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:38 pm

I don't really know if I am that excited or just excited for John as he really really wants one, I was dragged along to Comet to look at the wonders of 3D and must have looked like an idiot with dark glasses on dodging a cricket ball, a foot and flying glass. It will take some getting used to and I do wonder if the effect will enhance a film or stop me getting absorbed in the story. scratch We then have the setting up to do now that was okay with the tv we have now because we had it installed as part of the service. I hope it's not going to be like when he gets a new phone The twitter thread - Page 7 9639063 If I am absent on Thursday it will be due to us throttling each other, flat pack we do well but technology is another matter. Evil or Very Mad
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:10 pm

How do you get on with the glasses for 3D if you wear glasses anyway?
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:26 pm

The twitter thread - Page 7 1428739134 on the telly. Kevin, I think you just wear the glasses over your normal glasses.

Speaking of glasses, apparently some people who have bought HD TV, don't benefit from it because they need glasses, but don't realise they need them or don't wear them. Rolling Eyes
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:57 am

i have a slight squint that can't be corrected by glasses so 3D doesn't work for me as you need both eyes working to see the effect

spoken to other people with the same sort of thing and it doesn't work for them either

what's getting annoying is that some films are only being released in 3D which means i can't go and see them
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 24 Jan 2012, 9:06 am

I can manage without my glasses for watching tv so just used the 3D ones but John puts them over his normal ones and they work fine. My Dad went to the pictures with John to see Avatar in 3D when it first came out and he also put them on over his glasses but said he couldn't tell it was 3D ........... they must have worked though because without the 3D glasses on the picture looks funny scratch You have to be careful what you buy as some of the active glasses are not only expensive but extremely bulky and difficult to wear with any other type of glasses, the passive glasses are the easiest and cheapest to buy. It can be very confusing so we ended up buying something that one of our daughters friends has because we know John can wear the accompanying glasses.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Tue 24 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

Eilis wrote:i have a slight squint that can't be corrected by glasses so 3D doesn't work for me as you need both eyes working to see the effect

spoken to other people with the same sort of thing and it doesn't work for them either

what's getting annoying is that some films are only being released in 3D which means i can't go and see them

I also have a squint Eilis, and it's quite severe. I have never been able to get those "Hidden picture" thingys, and 3d would have been a flump too. However, I have now been given Prisms in both my lenses, to help both eyes work together. I still struggle with reading with both eyes open, but as far as 3D tv goes, It looks Fabulous.

P.S. I also struggle with reading with both eyes closed aswell!! (before anyone else gets that one in) Laughing
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 24 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

Krist0n wrote:I also have a squint Eilis, and it's quite severe. I have never been able to get those "Hidden picture" thingys, and 3d would have been a flump too. However, I have now been given Prisms in both my lenses, to help both eyes work together. I still struggle with reading with both eyes open, but as far as 3D tv goes, It looks Fabulous.

P.S. I also struggle with reading with both eyes closed aswell!! (before anyone else gets that one in) Laughing

I could or should that be can't see those hidden pictures either. Interestingly, my glasses have prisms in the lenses to help my eyes work together. When I take them off, I feel sea sick.

The only 3D TV i've seen is at a day out some where when I was a child, many years ago, i've not seen any of the new ones.

I can't read with both eyes shut either. lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

The only 3D TV i've seen is at a day out some where when I was a child, many years ago, i've not seen any of the new ones.

Things have moved on with 3D out of interest you should look at a modern one,it adds a third dimension lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:32 pm

mike wrote:The only 3D TV i've seen is at a day out some where when I was a child, many years ago, i've not seen any of the new ones.

Things have moved on with 3D out of interest you should look at a modern one,it adds a third dimension lol!

A third dimension. lol!

The only people I know who have a 3D TV are on here, who's bringing theirs to a meet then? The twitter thread - Page 7 2829330259
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

I don't think I could get anything else in the car, roofbox or trailer, I am trying to calm it down a bit but it's a difficult task Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:26 am

John's a bit fed up, he came home from work the other night and the slip road off the motorway had been closed for works, no signs to say it was going to be Shocked On the way home last night the slip road onto the Motorway that he uses was closed for works, again no signs or warning. The two slip roads one on and one off are around 17 miles apart and if he had known he could have saved himself a lot of driving by setting off on an alternative route. Rolling Eyes
    I just wish there was fair notice so you can set your stall out.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

I drive a HGV on nights Helen. I totally understand his frustration. The thing is, when they DO put signs up, they also forget to take them down, so you never know if to take the advice offered or not.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:18 pm

He has an hours drive to work and an hour home so after a 2-10 shift when stuff like this happens he gets grumpy Neutral

It's one thing when the river floods and it takes him way out of the way to go around, that's a natural and unavoidable event but when it's because someone forgot to put up or take down a sign its annoying. It must be difficult finding an alternative route with a HGV. Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

Facebook is bloody amazing for news travelling fast, apparently our local garden centre is on fire (Booths on turf lane Royton)

Someone who lives opposite has posted the news
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

hoping its a dry , non windy day tomorrow so I can get out and get started on some bits n bobs on the dandy.

may have to fire up the bike as she is in the huff too.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:53 pm

You must be itching to get started and put the Dandy up Very Happy
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:08 pm

get it up naedoot. It's a Dandy. It's supposed to like rain! And if there are any leaks, at least you'll find them Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:37 pm

I am pleased to say that they managed to rescue the majority of animals from the Garden centre fire, the owner was also rescued, it's a shame but all of the fish perished. As a result my son has collected some of the animals and the fire brigade are delivering the rest but they don't have the facilities for all of the animals such as rabbits and birds so we are fostering them for a while, the rabbits will go in our rabbit shed and the birds and parrots will go in the dining room until arrangements can be made by the owner.

And I thought we had finished with parrots lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:20 pm

Helen wrote:I am pleased to say that they managed to rescue the majority of animals from the Garden centre fire, the owner was also rescued, it's a shame but all of the fish perished. As a result my son has collected some of the animals and the fire brigade are delivering the rest but they don't have the facilities for all of the animals such as rabbits and birds so we are fostering them for a while, the rabbits will go in our rabbit shed and the birds and parrots will go in the dining room until arrangements can be made by the owner.

And I thought we had finished with parrots lol!

you two are such softies lol! The twitter thread - Page 7 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 7 1468157981

we need an icon that gives a big kiss lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 7:41 am