Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

The twitter thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by mike Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:49 am

When i was at the fiat garage had a look at this,could get all my gear in the back no problem Very Happy Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:44 am

I looked at the doblo, berlingo when we where in buying my wifes wee i10.

also thought that one of these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would be brilliant for all our needs and not bad cost wise
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:23 am

naedoot wrote:I looked at the doblo, berlingo when we where in buying my wifes wee i10.

also thought that one of these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would be brilliant for all our needs and not bad cost wise

From what i could see the doblo in 1400 16v is £12900 with interest free hp from fiat,better than a lease deal
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:36 am

they had a pre reg i800 for sale at 16k in the showroom when we looked at the car.

which wasnt bad considering what the alternatives are - zaira, galaxy alhambra etc
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

You'll see what she means soon enough .......... by the way wellies are a good place to put bottles of wine for travelling if you don't open the Dandy to put them in the fridge for the journey.

This is all too strange, wellies in the fridge?
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    You'll see what she means soon enough .......... by the way wellies are a good place to put bottles of wine for travelling if you don't open the Dandy to put them in the fridge for the journey.

This is all too strange, wellies in the fridge?

could be worse taking the wellies out the fridge and drinking out them
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:57 pm

looks like i have managed to fix the dishwasher leak fingers crossed

with out hurting myself - bonus

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:34 pm

No don't put your wellies in the fridge they will be cold when you get there and your feet will be if you need to wear them. Just stick them in the boot of the car with a bottle of wine in one and spirit in the other cheers Saves space
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:06 pm

lol Helen. Got a cool box for the beers and the wine for the journey. Only went for single electrics, so fridge wont be cold anyway. I'll use the wellys to throw at the kids.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

That's another good use for wellies The twitter thread - Page 9 1710857839 Our coolbox wasn't big enough for everything so we just put the bottles in the wellies, it saved them rolling around and gave them a bit of protection. The twitter thread - Page 9 2618020505
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:52 pm

Krist0n wrote:heehee!!! sounds like you speak from experience cazz. Laughing

The twitter thread - Page 9 2829330259 The twitter thread - Page 9 3208163979

The dog also packs himself in the Dandy when it's open, it's a right job to get him to come out. He also asks for the door to be open when the Dandy is in trailer form, we explain to him that we can't, but he doesn't understand. The twitter thread - Page 9 143088812
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:03 pm

Krist0n wrote:lol Helen. Got a cool box for the beers and the wine for the journey. Only went for single electrics, so fridge wont be cold anyway. I'll use the wellys to throw at the kids.

On the highsides can't you access the fridge when folded?
    Plug in run the fridge off mains to pre cool throw the food in then throw the hook up in and shut the door.
    Stay cold for a good few hours.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:09 pm

Yes Tow Itch, you can access the fridge when folded, and yes, that's the plan. Gonna put a couple of ice packs in there too to make sure. But as your all probably aware, as your fridge is airtight, as long as it isn't opened, it will keep food cold for hours and hours. As soon as you open it, WHAM!! Mouldy food lol. If you ever have a powercut, don't open the freezer/fridge.
    As or the wine bottles, think they will have to go in the cool bag for safety. It would be sacrelige to brake one on the journey.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:07 am

Just dropped the car off to fail it's MOT. affraid

The only one to pass first time each year is the one that is 48 years old this year. Shocked
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:10 am

oh I hate that Cazz, it's so stressful waiting to hear how much it's going to cost this year Crying or Very sad

fingers crossed for you xx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:33 am

Fingers crossed here too Cazz ......... it's horrible waiting and wondering.

We had ours done in November and were shocked to get back not what looks like the Old MOT but a sheet of A4 with details typed on affraid

We were not convinced but checked to make sure

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:27 am

Well, it's failed. The twitter thread - Page 9 143088812

It's needs, a wheel bearing, which it was also booked in for anyway, and a shock absorber is leaking. The screen wash didn't work, but that is probably frozen. Rolling Eyes

So not to bad for a car from 1992, our newest one. lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 08 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

I bought Evie my grandaughter some boots today, she has podgy little feet and last time my daughter bought some they were a wide fitting, we went to next and looked at lot's of warm boots finding some that were lovely and easy to put on a toddler ........... we spent ages trying to find a pair with L (for large fitting) because the last pair were from the same shop so expected something on the label to indicate they were a wider fit. We took a pair to the counter when we found an L on the label then at the counter I spotted that one boot had an R on it, it was only then that we realised it meant Left and Right The twitter thread - Page 9 3208163979 Never mind they fit lovely.
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:10 pm

Helen wrote:Fingers crossed here too Cazz ......... it's horrible waiting and wondering.

We had ours done in November and were shocked to get back not what looks like the Old MOT but a sheet of A4 with details typed on affraid

I did exactly the same - my wife brought it back from the garage and I was like FFS whats this then went online to check.

Wish they would let folk know - could be worse nearly had a flaky when the new v5 arrived in the post - looks the same as the old one - seemingly they have resent out for some reason - so Im keeping the 2 of them
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:26 pm

Helen wrote:I bought Evie my grandaughter some boots today, she has podgy little feet and last time my daughter bought some they were a wide fitting, we went to next and looked at lot's of warm boots finding some that were lovely and easy to put on a toddler ........... we spent ages trying to find a pair with L (for large fitting) because the last pair were from the same shop so expected something on the label to indicate they were a wider fit. We took a pair to the counter when we found an L on the label then at the counter I spotted that one boot had an R on it, it was only then that we realised it meant Left and Right The twitter thread - Page 9 3208163979 Never mind they fit lovely.

lol! That is the sort of thing we would do, we call it a brown pigeon moment.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

cazz wrote:
    Helen wrote:I bought Evie my grandaughter some boots today, she has podgy little feet and last time my daughter bought some they were a wide fitting, we went to next and looked at lot's of warm boots finding some that were lovely and easy to put on a toddler ........... we spent ages trying to find a pair with L (for large fitting) because the last pair were from the same shop so expected something on the label to indicate they were a wider fit. We took a pair to the counter when we found an L on the label then at the counter I spotted that one boot had an R on it, it was only then that we realised it meant Left and Right The twitter thread - Page 9 3208163979 Never mind they fit lovely.

lol! That is the sort of thing we would do, we call it a brown pigeon moment.

Helen must have noticed because her wellingtons have a L on one and a R on the other lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:35 pm

naedoot wrote:
    Helen wrote:Fingers crossed here too Cazz ......... it's horrible waiting and wondering.

I did exactly the same - my wife brought it back from the garage and I was like FFS whats this then went online to check.

Wish they would let folk know - could be worse nearly had a flaky when the new v5 arrived in the post - looks the same as the old one - seemingly they have resent out for some reason - so Im keeping the 2 of them

Our new MOT is of course the same, but as everything is now on database, I guess the paper certificate is not really needed. Also if it saves money by not printing all the other three coloured sheets, then it must be a good thing.

The new logs books are being sent out because loads of blank ones were stolen. The twitter thread - Page 9 3208163979
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:41 pm

mike wrote:Helen must have noticed because her wellingtons have a L on one and a R on the other lol!

lol! has any checked her feet for tattoos or felt tip pen letters. The twitter thread - Page 9 2024858757
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 08 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

The story of the shoes reminds me of the old story of the Irishman who had his wellies on the wrong feet.
    His foreman shouted over to him "Mick forgettin that they must be uncomfortable have you not seen the L on one and the R for the other?"
    Mick looked around uncomfortably "Now which is it Michael can you not read or do you not know your left from your right?" Mick says it's neither he's just never noticed.
    Returning home from his shift dejected he resolves to be more observant.
    However later that night helping his wife to put the laundry away he is completely flummoxed when he sees her knickers. They have just the one label on the back saying C & A.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 08 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

lol! lol! lol! The twitter thread - Page 9 1710857839 The twitter thread - Page 9 1710857839 The twitter thread - Page 9 1710857839

I only know which feet to put mine on because they have buckles on the outer side.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:35 pm