Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

The twitter thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by Eilis Fri 11 Nov 2011, 7:39 am

as part of my new i'm going to get fit and stop being a whale routine, i go for a walk every morning, this morning i went a different route for a change and was so busy looking at the houses i tripped lol i now have skinned knees and sore hands - i feel like i'm back in primary school lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:14 pm

Eilis wrote:as part of my new i'm going to get fit and stop being a whale routine, i go for a walk every morning, this morning i went a different route for a change and was so busy looking at the houses i tripped lol i now have skinned knees and sore hands - i feel like i'm back in primary school lol!

Sure it wasn't the booze ? i used to run 10 miles a day but found being 70mile away at the end of the week crap Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:39 pm

Well folks I have been using this forum from the beginning and I have only just noticed that there is an arrow at the bottom of each thread on the left hand side that says 'top' ............... I have been scrolling all the way back to the top rabbit Just thought I would let you know just in case I'm not the only one who didn't notice it.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:02 am

helen wrote:Well folks I have been using this forum from the beginning and I have only just noticed that there is an arrow at the bottom of each thread on the left hand side that says 'top' ............... I have been scrolling all the way back to the top rabbit Just thought I would let you know just in case I'm not the only one who didn't notice it.

About two weeks ago. Thought it was just me.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:13 am

Laughing I don't feel quite so daft now Kevin The twitter thread - Page 2 1710857839
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

Smiling is infectious you can catch it like the flu
    when someone smiled at me I started smiling too
    when I passed the corner someone saw my grin
    when he smiled I realized I passed it onto him

I thought about that smile and realized its worth
    a single smile just like mine could travel round the earth
    so if you feel a smile begin don't leave it undetected
    lets start an epidemic quick and get the world infected
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 22 Nov 2011, 8:15 am

Started decorating but should have done it while the weather was better, the paint is taking forever to dry Bailey has been banished from the room because he ends up sticking to it and we end up with hairy paint, not a good look or wanted effect Shocked
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:00 pm

yeah pretty much the only time our dog sat agains the skirting boards was when we painted them lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

Well were stuck with the decorating, we have done the glossing and the walls have been painted neutral colours but the wall with the fireplace (feature wall) is stripped and waiting for new paper, I just can't decide what to put on it. I have seen some lovely papers in fact that many that I can't decide. Rolling Eyes I have always had neutral colours so that I can put whatever colour curtains I want up and change the look of the room by doing this but I have seen a lovely flock wallpaper that it has a deep red pattern. There is just so much to choose from. I normally see what I want and buy it but have been very indecisive over the past few months.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

Early this year we where camping and nancys daughter brought her 5 year old son to see us,we had a nice day but then never gave it another thought,on Sunday we met nancys daughter and grandson in asda,now Finley the grandson must have heard we where camping at Christmas and said nana i want to come camping at Christmas with you,it was explained to him why he couldn't and we thought that was it.
    Then after about 10 min he said nana ive been thinking how do you get your camper into your car :lol!:what goes through a five years old mind Very Happy
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:03 pm

have spent the evening trying to organise a HOLIDAY for 2012. I hope to visit Norway in March. the last of this years holidays anyway. I hope all you folks who are meeting at christmas great weather and joy of the season.
    one of my colleagues told me today that in order to make ends meet she and her girls, aged 12 and twins aged 7 go to Poundland and buy each other a gift for christmas.
    Made me feel very small. ( but didn't stop me looking at holidays)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 17 Dec 2011, 6:07 am

They are installing Metro Link in Oldham and everywhere you drive is a nightmare, some places are unrecognisable and they have also put up new buildings to do with the NHS. At the hospitals they are also building again, they have added a lot over the past few years but it has become nearly impossible to park as the new buildings have taken up so much space. You have to get there ages before your appointment just to park and then you have to find the right department and the hospitals are enormous with link bridges to other buildings you can walk miles if like us you get lost. On the plus side though they do have little buses running around the hospital that will pick you up and take you to roughly where your going, I know some people will say get a bus then you don't have to park but as you now have to travel to hospitals a good distance away depending on what treatment you need it isn't always that easy.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:17 am

We've emptied the spare room to retrieve the riveter and rivets so we could reattach the freshly rewired original Dandy lights, sorted it out and put it all back on our new shelves.

The only problem is the riveter wasn't in there, or in the shed, well tiny small cupboard outside the front door designed for the wheelie bin, but that's too big to fit in.

The lights are now attached with garden wire lol! But they do all work, not bad for a girl. Shocked

I will put up some pics of our spare room going through it's change, we had to camp downstairs on the air beds for two nights as we couldn't get in our bedroom for stuff in there from the spare room. Sleep
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:56 am

cazz wrote:We've emptied the spare room to retrieve the riveter and rivets so we could reattach the freshly rewired original Dandy lights, sorted it out and put it all back on our new shelves.

The only problem is the riveter wasn't in there, or in the shed, well tiny small cupboard outside the front door designed for the wheelie bin, but that's too big to fit in.

The lights are now attached with garden wire lol! But they do all work, not bad for a girl. Shocked

I will put up some pics of our spare room going through it's change, we had to camp downstairs on the air beds for two nights as we couldn't get in our bedroom for stuff in there from the spare room. Sleep

We will have the gear with us if you can do it on site.

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 17 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

Cheers Mike, that's kind of you. Have you got the tools to fix oil leaks as well. lol!

I can't believe we will be arriving one week today, weather permitting. santa rendeer
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm

Well father Christmas has been early thanks to the tax man sending me a cheque,just got a 3D blue-ray player and the full harry potter set in blue-ray,we haven't seen the last two and they wanted £20 for those so we got all 8 films in a set,oh dear just realised i dont have a 3D tv lol! yet, roll on the sales Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

mike wrote:Well father Christmas has been early thanks to the tax man sending me a cheque,just got a 3D blue-ray player and the full harry potter set in blue-ray,we haven't seen the last two and they wanted £20 for those so we got all 8 films in a set,oh dear just realised i dont have a 3D tv lol! yet, roll on the sales Very Happy

That all sounds very high tech. There are a lot of sales at the mo, I reckon after Christmas there will be even more offers to be had. santa
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Riveter found, it was in Molly. cheers

But now I can't find the Christmas tree we are going to put in the awning. How is it possible to loose a Christmas tree. scratch
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:30 pm

cazz wrote:Riveter found, it was in Molly. cheers

But now I can't find the Christmas tree we are going to put in the awning. How is it possible to loose a Christmas tree. scratch

i suspect we will get on v well Cazz as it'll be good to meet someone as disorganised as me lol! lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 18 Dec 2011, 6:26 pm

Eilis wrote:
    cazz wrote:Riveter found, it was in Molly. cheers

i suspect we will get on v well Cazz as it'll be good to meet someone as disorganised as me lol! lol!

lol! The thing is, i'm usually or should that be was, very well organised. We've not had the decs up for a year or possible two, we're also in the process of sorting out the entire house from top to bottom, it's like playing chinese checkers, lol. And also we've only had Molly back on the road in June, after all her interior and most of the exterior was in the house also, some still is.

This house is a tiny two bed starter home, of course without a back garden, proper shed or garage, we've been here for nearly 11 years, there's basically too much stuff and not enough room for it all and the pets and us, lol.

Well that's my reasons anyway. Non where did I put my marbles. affraid
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Mon 19 Dec 2011, 9:48 am

my sister, when she first married, had a starter home. One bedroom, on a mezzanine layout, the only internal door was the privacy door to the bathroom/toilet. She had a cat at the time and couldnt put a cat flap in the door as it would have caused a draught, so for years the cat used the tray in the toilet.
    the storage space was nil. but she managed to lose all sorts of things over the years,too. one of which was the husband. But the cat lived to a ripe old age in that house.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:04 am

Esermalda wrote:my sister, when she first married, had a starter home. One bedroom, on a mezzanine layout, the only internal door was the privacy door to the bathroom/toilet. She had a cat at the time and couldnt put a cat flap in the door as it would have caused a draught, so for years the cat used the tray in the toilet.
    the storage space was nil. but she managed to lose all sorts of things over the years,too. one of which was the husband. But the cat lived to a ripe old age in that house.

When you say lost a husband, do you mean he left, past away or actually got lost in the house? Lol.

Storage is a joke, we have a wardrobe in the bedroom, the old airing cupboard is now a big cupboard, and due to the boiler being in the kitchen, it's impossible to have any drawers.

But despite the issues, we do like it here, it's cheap to run, easy to fix, local to the town, handy for the hospital and has parking. sunny
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:28 am

sounds like a home to me. Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:18 am

Esermalda wrote:sounds like a home to me. Very Happy

Very true, it's the same as hundreds of others. Anyway, what is perfect? santa
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Getting home after a twelve hour day to find your dinner is(nearly) on the table, the wine is poured, and the dog walked, the footie on the telly so the computer is MINE Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:22 am