Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

found a dog

vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

found a dog Empty found a dog

Post by vickoir on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

my sister has found this poor whippet bitch tonight poor thing she is staying with my parents tonight (until we can find out if she is missing or a good rescue centre for her or my dad may keep her fingers x'd)
don't think i have ever seen such a thin dog so sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

found a dog Empty Re: found a dog

Post by Eilis on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

poor little thing, shame i'm not closer or i'd have her Sad
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm

She is thin, poor thing. I wonder if she has been abandoned or if she has simply been lost for a while. I wonder if she has a micro chip?

We once has a dog turn up on our door step, luckily I just caught the vet 3 mins before they shut, they scanned him and found a chip, so he was able to go home that night.

Well done to your sister and parents, I sort of hope your parents keep her, but of course only if she isn't claimed. Do they have any other dogs?
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

cazz wrote:She is thin, poor thing. I wonder if she has been abandoned or if she has simply been lost for a while. I wonder if she has a micro chip?

We once has a dog turn up on our door step, luckily I just caught the vet 3 mins before they shut, they scanned him and found a chip, so he was able to go home that night.

Well done to your sister and parents, I sort of hope your parents keep her, but of course only if she isn't claimed. Do they have any other dogs?
that is our plan cazz take her to my friend she runs a mastiff rescue and has a scanner i have contacted dog warden and local police and there are no missing dogs matching her description my parents already have a very gentle belgian shepherd who has took to her immediately but the poor thing is so so very thin you can see every bone and her poor paws are all skinned but her nails are long so don't think she got out much but she is very gentle at moment and very tired
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:07 pm

they are such a gentle breed, i really can't understand why people do this, why not take them to a rescue centre if you can't afford a dog any more Sad
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

She might have been spooked and done a runner because of fireworks!

She does look thin though, no excuse for that, unless its a medical complaint.

Let us all know what happens.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

Phoenix wrote:She might have been spooked and done a runner because of fireworks!

She does look thin though, no excuse for that, unless its a medical complaint.

Let us all know what happens.

well that was our initial thought that fireworks may have scared her and she ran away but i would have thought she would have been reported missing still we will find out more tomorrow and hopefully one way or another there will be a happy ending
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:42 am

she is very thin even for a whippet and must have been out for some time, poor thing must have been terrified over the last few nights and is lucky its been so mild at nights. Please let us know how she gets on. Lets hope she has been missing a while and that's why she is so thin and someone is looking for her. We found an Alsatian cross may years ago the day after bonfire night after all investigations led to no one my parents kept her and once her fear issues had been sorted out she was fantastic. It's only because of people like your family taking them in that they are eventually re-homed so many people turn a blind eye. Sad
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

well bonnie (as she has been named after bonfire night) is still with my parents she has no microchip and as of yet no one has reported her missing she has spent the day eating scrambled egg and drinking lamlac and water and having her very sore paws licked by Sabre my parents dog as well as lots of kisses from him, shes had a mini health check so except for being incredibly underweight no sign of anything sinister like mange, fleas or worms and although she is very dehydrated she appears to be doing ok will hopefully have a home for her very soon

will keep you posted x
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:56 pm

Funny that vicki that is exactly what we called my mums dog who we found.
Bonnie is the perfect name for her.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:01 pm

her coat looks very good in the pics, although it is hard to tell unless you see them in the flesh

so glad she has settled well, do you think your parents will give in and keep her lol

thanks for the update, poor little love is gorgeous, be good knowing she's got a loving home
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:37 pm

Bonnie is a good name our freinds chocolate lab who is a real sweetie is called Bonnie as well, but after the bike Triumph Bonneville. So glad to here no health problems, sounds like Sabre would like a sister? Keep us all updated on her progress.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

Eilis wrote:her coat looks very good in the pics, although it is hard to tell unless you see them in the flesh

so glad she has settled well, do you think your parents will give in and keep her lol

thanks for the update, poor little love is gorgeous, be good knowing she's got a loving home

her coat is lovely and shiny but she does have a few bald patches on her back end don't know if this due to the malnutrition and dehydration or stress but at least its not fleas or mange as with a decent diet and a bit weight on her that should grow back

i think my dad is a shoe in for keeping her my mum needs a bit more convincing lol and Sabre's already sold
lynn83
lynn83

Post by lynn83 on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:41 pm

Bless her, at least she is safe now.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:55 pm

rang the rescue centre today where bonnie (the dog we found) went to see how she was getting on and guess what.....
she has been reunited with her owners she had been lost for almost 2 weeks and was almost 20 miles away from home they were cheking all the rescue centres and someone recognised her so happy story although they were shocked at how thin she was i'm sure she will soon fatten up found a dog 1710857839
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 11 Nov 2011, 7:56 pm

Glad she's found her way home. cheers cheers

We lost Pixie for 10 minutes once and we were going spare. Her owners must have been through hell.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:40 am

Awwwwww Bless its lovely that they have been reunited, ditto Phoenix we lost Bailey for two night's and we were out of our minds. Our son had taken him to a country park in the car and he did a runner! hence the reason he now dislikes the dark and stays by your side when out with him, he even goes and sits inside the Dandy as soon as it's dark and watches us outside through the window Laughing It must be awful when you never find them, we would have always wondered and never stopped looking for him.

A Happy Ending for 'Bonnie' cheers

ps did you find out her real name?
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:15 am

helen wrote:Awwwwww Bless its lovely that they have been reunited, ditto Phoenix we lost Bailey for two night's and we were out of our minds. Our son had taken him to a country park in the car and he did a runner! hence the reason he now dislikes the dark and stays by your side when out with him, he even goes and sits inside the Dandy as soon as it's dark and watches us outside through the window Laughing It must be awful when you never find them, we would have always wondered and never stopped looking for him.

A Happy Ending for 'Bonnie' cheers

ps did you find out her real name?

no i forgot to ask i was so pleased and surprised lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 05 Apr 2020, 12:11 pm